PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 9 NFL Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I might be cheering for the Steelrs now - yuck.

I would normally say it's pretty hard to have any sympathy for the Steelers, but after three or four absolutely brutal calls in a row, it's pretty hard not to.

People in oakland now freaking out all over again.

That wasn't a tuck rule. Ratlisberger wasn't trying to bring the ball into his body. It was an incompletion -his arm was definitely going forward.

i believe it was a fumble by ben, because i've seen that go against rivers SEVERAL times

but..that was for sure clipping haha

refs are giving this game to the giants. 3 terrible calls in a row to gift the giants 14 points

Posted from Patsfans.com App for Android

Refs 14- steelers 7

refs are giving this game to the giants. 3 terrible calls in a row to gift the giants 14 points

Posted from Patsfans.com App for Android

feel good story after hurricane sandy if the giants win

That wasn't a tuck rule. Ratlisberger wasn't trying to bring the ball into his body. It was an incompletion -his arm was definitely going forward.

he didn't have control of the ball when the hand was going forward IMO, it was already dislodged even if just partially

i think it was a good call just missed the blatant clip

I'm not exactly the Steelers biggest fan but they've been hosed by the refs here.

That's 4 legitimately terrible calls to give the Giants 14 points.

Little Hometown cooking going on in NY I'm not a fan of the Steelers but I do hate to see any team get a screwing :mad:

Looking at the Giants - you need to be able to commit to the run against them which is where I think we are better suited this year.

boley is awesome

That play has nothing to do with the tuck rule. There was no attempt made to tuck the ball. It's a question of the 'empty hand' rule.

Clearly the ball had *started* to be knocked loose before Roethlisberger's arm was going forward, but it looked to me like he regained a degree of control before it finally came free.

I'm not sure what the correct interpretation is.

That play has nothing to do with the tuck rule. There was no attempt made to tuck the ball. It's a question of the 'empty hand' rule.

Clearly the ball had *started* to be knocked loose before Roethlisberger's arm was going forward, but it looked to me like he regained a degree of control before it finally came free.

it's a tough call, it goes against rivers literally twice a year lol

For the record, I thought it should have been an incompletion.

he didn't have control of the ball when the hand was going forward IMO, it was already dislodged even if just partially

i think it was a good call just missed the blatant clip

I'd buy this explanation. But that was a BLATANT clip, where was the call? The reviewed TD? he wasn't in. PI? Not really. Personal Foul in the end zone was a clean play.

Sure seems like the fix is in for NY to feel good after Sandy. I hope the Steelers ROLL for the rest of the game.

for those of you who don't know, the nfl fixes games every year. Because of the hurricane in nj, the refs will favor the giants heavily in order to make people there feel better. I've seen this too many times before.

lol..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference