PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 5 Patriots at Bengals Injury Reports and Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ridley ruled out Sunday

The only disappointing about Ridley's season is they are not feeding him the rock. The guy's been good when they've handed him the ball expect for the one lost fumble.

I think most of us would agree with you, but it's possible that the RBBC system is being used to help to keep him fresher down the stretch.

Let guys like Blount and Bolden take the majority of the hits. Ridley is obviously the best pure RB we have, and will be important as the season winds down the stretch run.

In all reality, haven't the majority of Blount's carries occurred during the second half anyway? The past 2 games were 23-3 and 30-13 with 6 minutes left. Those aren't the kind of situations where Ridley is needed too much in my opinion.

He obviously isn't receiving the same number of carries as last year, but that's Belichick's decision, so we have to trust that it's for a reason.

Damn it! I hope he's ready for the Saints.

The early word was that it was not really the knee, but the area right above the knee (basically the bottom of the thigh). I suppose it could be considered the very top of the knee--but either way, the point was that it's not the typical knee injury that can often be worrisome.

Supposedly the bottom of the thigh/very top of the knee was bruised, and swelled up during the beginning of practice on Wednesday. He was treated during practice, but wasn't able to go on Thursday or Friday either, possibly due to the team doctor's simply wanting a couple/few days of rest.

I'm guessing that it isn't too serious of an injury and that they are just being cautious with the potential to aggravate it. Something like that (if true) should be able to be pretty well healed within the next week, and could very well lead him to have limited practice reps by Thursday or so.

Typically, if you don't practice during the week, you don't play on Sunday; so I think this is more of a case of that + them taking it cautiously.

I think most of us would agree with you, but it's possible that the RBBC system is being used to help to keep him fresher down the stretch.

Let guys like Blount and Bolden take the majority of the hits. Ridley is obviously the best pure RB we have, and will be important as the season winds down the stretch run.

In all reality, haven't the majority of Blount's carries occurred during the second half anyway? The past 2 games were 23-3 and 30-13 with 6 minutes left. Those aren't the kind of situations where Ridley is needed too much in my opinion.

He obviously isn't receiving the same number of carries as last year, but that's Belichick's decision, so we have to trust that it's for a reason.

Agree with this, no need to give him more than 10-15 carries if your depth allows for it. Though I feel in closer games like ATL him and Bolden should have gotten more of the carries earlier on instead of Blount. Once a comfortable lead is built, let Blount take over. Some of those plays are too important to not have your best guys with the ball.

Re: Bengals injury report

I've never heard of these guys, so I'm going to assume that they aren't a big part of the Bengals.

If that is really true, who do you think should take over for you in the Patsfans starting lineup.

With probably their best edge rusher and top cover corner out, I can see Brady throwing over 40 attempts. I can see the Bengals #2 and 3 and 4 corners getting picked on.

I've never heard of these guys, so I'm going to assume that they aren't a big part of the Bengals.
That's some deductive reasoning you got there.

I believe Reggie Nelson is a starting safety

You have never heard of starting players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST