PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 5 Patriots at Bengals Injury Reports and Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ridley misses third straight practice

If there's any spot on the team we can afford to roll without our #1 option, its running back. Lets go Brandon Bolden.

No doubt. But they're missing both #1 and #2...and Bolden and Washington are both on the injury report, too. That leaves an incredibly thin roster at aposition that has to pick up the slack for the injury-depleted WR & TE corps.

The total list of healthy bodies at skill positions has to be at an all-time low.

Hopefully Ridley can go or its gonna be a heavy dose of Blount Force Trauma on the Bengals D.

Ridley ruled out for Sunday.

What a dissapointing 2013 so far for Stevan.

To this point in the season, Bolden and Blount have performed at least as well as Ridley, so I'm not really worried.

Bengals injury report

Leon Hall; doubtful
Michael Johnson; questionable (Did not practice at all )
Dre Kirkpatrick; questionable
Reggie Nelson; probable
Vontaze Burfict; probable

Re: Bengals injury report

They have some injuries too, but their report is definitely shorter than ours. Hope the corner can't go, and that Tom Brady has somebody to throw it to. Anybody think Collie is going to play?

Really?

I think BB have a weird sense of humor:
"How many starters can i put away and win games?"
Pls stop this gamble! ;)

What a dissapointing 2013 so far for Stevan.

Link from Reiss.

With Ridley out, the Patriots could turn to veteran LeGarrette Blount as their starter in the backfield, as the former Buccaneer has averaged 4.6 yards per carry and had a standout effort against the Atlanta Falcons in Week 4.

Fellow running backs Brandon Bolden (knee) and Leon Washington (thigh) have been limited in practice this week and are each listed as questionable.

For the Patriots
Out
RB Stevan Ridley - DNP, knee

Doubtful
WR Matthew Slater - LP, wrist

Questionable
WR Danny Amendola - LP, groin
RB Brandon Bolden - LP, knee
WR Aaron Dobson - LP, neck
TE Rob Gronkowski - LP, back/forearm
LB Dont'a Hightower - LP, knee
LB Jerod Mayo - LP, ankle
WR Kenbrell Thompkins - LP, shoulder
OL Sebastian Vollmer - LP, foot
RB Leon Washington - LP, thigh
S Tavin Wilson - LP, hamstring

Probable
CB Kyle Arrington - FP, groin
OL Will Svitek - FP, knee

For the Bengals
Doubtful
CB Brandon Ghee - DNP, thigh
CB Leon Hall - LP, hamstring
G Mike Pollak - LP, knee

Questionable
DE Michael Johnson - DNP, concussion
CB Dre Kirkpatrick - LP, hamstring

Probable
LB Vontaze Burfict - LP, neck
LB James Harrison - FP, knee
S Reggie Nelson - LP, hamstring

DNP-did not participate; LP-limited participation; FP-full participation

Patriots injury report: Stevan Ridley out for Sunday's game - Extra Points - Boston.com

Other teams have bad luck with injuries a year here and a year there; our injury situation is consistently dreadful.

Other teams have bad luck with injuries a year here and a year there; our injury situation is consistently dreadful.

Almost like a curse if you ask me.

Kirkpatrick isn't a big deal either way, especially if he's not 100%. Hall is a big loss and Johnson would be too if he isn't cleared from his concussion. If both of those guys are not (and especially if Amendola plays), a pass-heavy gameplan wouldn't surprise me at all. The Bengals are just running out of bodies to try to cover guys.

This is why I chuckled at the debates over which back -- Ridley, Vereen, Boldin, or Blount -- should be the featured back and get more carries. The reality of the NFL is that you are going to need contributions from all four of them to get through a 19 game season...

Re: Ridley ruled out Sunday

Best WR - Out. Best TE - out. Best RB - out. Second best RB/best receiving back - out. I can handle that but to hear we lost Sudfeld to the Jets is just to much to friggin take!

Damn it! I hope he's ready for the Saints.

Leon Hall; doubtful
Michael Johnson; questionable (Did not practice at all )
Dre Kirkpatrick; questionable
Reggie Nelson; probable
Vontaze Burfict; probable

I've never heard of these guys, so I'm going to assume that they aren't a big part of the Bengals.

I've never heard of these guys, so I'm going to assume that they aren't a big part of the Bengals.

Leon Hall is one of the top corners in the league, Michael Johnson is an excellent pass rusher (currently playing under a franchise tag, so that's some indication of how much they value him) and Burfict is a pretty good thumper at linebacker.

Leon Hall is one of the top corners in the league, Michael Johnson is an excellent pass rusher (currently playing under a franchise tag, so that's some indication of how much they value him) and Burfict is a pretty good thumper at linebacker.

Well then, I take back what I said. I don't wish an injury upon any player, but not having them play would be great for the Pats.

The only disappointing about Ridley's season is they are not feeding him the rock. The guy's been good when they've handed him the ball expect for the one lost fumble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST