PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 5 New England Patriots at Dallas Cowboys Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
cannon will be at LT all game now...hold on to your seats.

What option other than going deep did Tom have on that last throw. Anything in field means half over. They tried to use Slater's speed. Not surprising. Just did not work.

Yeah im actually not too against the slater fly route especially in low stake situations. He's usually on an island and can fly, worth a shot. Just not on a 3rd down in the afcc :)

Hopefully it won't be to bad. The other guys have to step up.
The fact that he stayed on the field without leaving to the lockeroom tells me it could very well be bruised ribs. Shouldn't be too serious but might miss a couple games. It sucks because I think it's keeping us from unleashing Collins to rush the passer here.

I like it when he rushes the passer.

First drive after half, hardy and co will be fresh. We need to be alert and protect better.

let's hope we don't have Cannon in at LT :)

cowboys will come out throwing or no huddle i think. wont do the same stuff as now.

Dallas defense playing great. Little disappointed by our receivers not getting open a little and grimy getting shut down by a rookie, I'll chalk it up to the bye.

Defense playing great but they will get tiered just like folks have said about the Dallas defense. I think if Brady moves the plays along a little faster they will have more success.

I'm not actually surprised how this is going, I thought this would be much tougher than the media thought it would be, often goes that way ;)

Defense is playing incredibly well, no worries there.

Brady has looked slightly hurried at times, maybe a little *too* amped up, but he's been fairly solid overall. It just seems the entire offense is slightly rushed, a little out of synch. They'll be fine. Expect to see Gronk get a bit more involved, Edelman should have more opportunities, and I'd hope they continue to look towards Amendola, Martin, and Lewis. Maybe Chandler too.

The only real issue/problem in the 1st half was the offensive line, specifically the tackles. Thought the guards were fine, Andrews was alright. Solder, Vollmer and Cannon had a tough go of it. I'd hope they'll clean that up in the 2nd half. Still would like to see Mason and Jackson out there together, in lieu of Kline/Mason or Jackson. I did notice they had Cannon out there at LG for the goalline play, which showed some nice coaching. Smart idea to get your biggest bodies out there in short yardage situations.

Did Ghost really nail a 57 yarder? He's sooo worth the money, kickers this year can barely handle the extra point!

Dallas defense playing great. Little disappointed by our receivers not getting open a little and grimy getting shut down by a rookie, I'll chalk it up to the bye.

Defense playing great but they will get tiered just like folks have said about the Dallas defense. I think if Brady moves the plays along a little faster they will have more success.

I'm not actually surprised how this is going, I thought this would be much tougher than the media thought it would be, often goes that way ;)

This is another great point. Has New England's offense struggled? Sure. Have the tackles been beaten a lot? Of course. But given credit to Dallas' defense, that's a strong unit playing in their biggest game of the season. I'd expect nothing less than a very strong performance from them.

Surprisingly Dallas is winning the time of possession, but even though they had the ball for 18 minutes... they "amassed" a whopping 59 yards..

The D looks kick ass..

putrid performance by the offense, we're lucky romo and dez cant play.
offense line is ****ting the bed big time..and now cannon will finish the game? jesus

best TE in the league, nowhere to be seen so far. byron jones shutting him out ( rookie btw )

Probably not going to find a starting LT at the 64th pick of the 2016 draft... wonder if he has a minor injury.

Happens more often than you think.

where is scott chandler? i fear he has developed tim wright syndrome. basically brady doesnt trust him/only useful in the redzone.

hopefully they get gronk going. a TD to start the half is ideal...

Yesterday i was pondering what position needed the most help in next years draft, LT tackle has popped up on my radar.
Are you high? There's not going to draft an LT after they just extended Solder for big money. Solder is going to be our LT for the foreseeable future. Get over it.

Sometimes ...defense does win games you know :)....but i need gronk to do more...I have him on my fantasy team :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes