PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 5 Injury Reports & Inactives: Ebner and Fleming officially out vs Bengals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the latest as of Friday with the Bengals:

Bengals' injury report: Burfict doubtful, Green probable | Cincinnati.com

The chances of Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict playing in Sunday night's game at New England appeared to take a small turn for the better on Friday, while wide receiver Marvin Jones' chances of playing appear to be close to nil and wide receiver A.J. Green popped up on the team's injury report.

Burfict is listed as doubtful on the official NFL injury report that was issued after Friday's practice. He dressed for the practice and had his helmet with him, but was seen only taking part in light exercises on the side during the 30 minutes open to the media and was officially listed as a limited participant.

Burfict is in the NFL's concussion protocol and likely won't get a final determination on whether or not he can play in Sunday night's game until sometime that day.​

Marvin Jones, Vontaze Burfict doubtful for Cincinnati Bengals | ESPN

It appears that for the fourth consecutive game the Cincinnati Bengals will be without receiver Marvin Jones after he was listed as doubtful on the injury report the team provided on Friday.

Jones was joined under that designation by linebacker Vontaze Burfict and offensive guard Kevin Zeitler. Defensive tackle Brandon Thompson was listed as out. He, Zeitler and Burfict were all injured in the Bengals' Week 2 win over the Falcons.

Burfict, who has been under concussion protocol since suffering a head injury in the game against Atlanta, practiced for the first time in two weeks. He was limited, along with Margus Hunt, A.J. Green and Robert Geathers.​

Bengals.com - Injury Reports

The only player out is DT Brandon Thompson, who is a backup to Domata Peko and Geno Atkins.

Kevin Zeitler (doubtful) is the starting RG. Mike Pollack played well down the stretch last year when Zeitler was injured, and presumably would take his spot again.

I'm hoping WLB Vontaze Burfict misses this game. He had a great season last year, leading the NFL in tackles and being named to the Pro Bowl. If he can't go then Sean Porter would get the start; he was a 4th round pick from Texas A&M a year ago but missed the entire season with a torn shoulder labrum.

Ya Vontez won't be playing. I wouldn't be complaining about that one.....

Coming back from concussion. And practiced for first time yesterday iirc

Last edited:
Only if he doesn't dress Sunday. They have to create a roster spot before they activate him.
Pretty sure they can dress and they can have 55 men for this week only. Someone posted a link somewhere. I forget so idk.

They don't need too until next week
It would help for you to follow along.. The person I replied to was talking about Browner taking Ebner's place this weekend since Ebner is out. The only way Browner can do that is if someone goes on the IR or is cut..

Pretty sure they can dress and they can have 55 men for this week only. Someone posted a link somewhere. I forget so idk.
No. They have an exemption for the week, meaning they can carry 55.. For them to be able to PLAY, they'd have to be on the 53. Meaning they'd have to cut/IR someone.

That is a tough break for Fleming, I thought he played solid on Monday. I hope the line is Solder-Connolly-Stork-Cannon-Vollmer because I do not want to see the return on Jordan Devey.

Yea Fleming played solid on Monday. Now we're even thinner at guard...great....

Just bring in Incognito please... Devey will end Tom's career

Wilfork at guard > Devey

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes