PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 3 TNF: Kansas City Chiefs at Philadelphia Eagles

Doubling Poe is forcing the tackles to face Houston and Hali one-on-one, and that's not working out well for the Eagles.

Justin Houston with one hell of a game. The Chiefs could be like the 2011 49ers and sneak up on a lot of people.

Same type of team, and the incidentally the same QB.

the game was closer than the score indicated and MIKE! was great all night...

mikeanddeion.jpg

Jeez you had to listen to those two for three hours........

4EcSA.jpg

Vick hurt AGAIN???????????????????????????

"the legend grows!!!...MIKE!!!"...

really great D in KC

I wonder if Andy Reid has ever eaten an entire undrafted free agent defensive tackle in one sitting, because it sure looks like he did.

Justin Houston now has 7 sacks on the year say what you want about KC but they know how to draft pass rushers, 2 of the best in NFL history in Jared Allen and Derrick Thomas, and now two realy good ones in Tamba Hali and houston

really great D in KC

Made to look even better by a really bad QB in Philly.

I saw this D give Peyton some trouble last year, but their QB's kept putting them in bad spots and demoralized them.

Would love it if they at least split it with the Broncos and give us some breathing room. Too bad they don't play until week 11. Maybe the donkeys cool off by week 11.

I can see Goober throwing more pics than Smith.

guys like mcnabbs coke nail

coke-mcnabb-coke-500x437.jpg

Re: Thursday Night Football:Eagles vs. Chiefs

The Chiefs can give the Broncos problems. They have a good running game, a QB who rarely makes mistakes thus enabling them to have majority possession. They have good corners and a awesome pass rush

What's up with the Chip Kelly offense ... already used up their wad?

Big brawl at the game:
http://youtu.be/i92z-AnOdq4

BUkpV5JCcAILnED.jpg

Last edited:

The Chiefs can give the Broncos problems. They have a good running game, a QB who rarely makes mistakes thus enabling them to have majority possession. They have good corners and a awesome pass rush

I actually think that DEN could run into a tough game or two from both KC and SD at some point this year.

The real concern for KC is that they just can't score too well, but their defense is absolutely punishing. SD doesn't have the defense that KC does, but they have the potential to put some points up.

I don't think either team can seriously compete with DEN for the division title, but they both have the potential to cause an upset loss, maybe even two.

I still don't like that trade

I'm guessing that the terms that Demps set forth by refusing to show up didn't go over too well with Belichick from the "team first" aspect, and that he would've been cut anyway.

I still think it was kind of weird to include a draft pick though, as Blount may have been another player who was cut on the other end of things.

kc's got such an inept offense. the eagles should be done 20+ points at this point

That's my real concern w/ KC, that their offense will eventually let them down sooner than later.

Of course if their defense can remain as effective as it's been, they may be able to stay quite competitive that way.

Jamaal Charles is the star of the game. The Chiefs offense would look pretty horrible without him.

This is why I took Charles with my 2nd overall pick (P.Manning first). I felt that Alex Smith's dinking and dunking would enable him to get 300+ touches one way or another.

Where I really screwed up was also drafting D.Bowe--that guy is hurting me big time. Smith is never going to get him the ball downfield...ever. He's going to be a huge waste of money for KC after paying him all of that cash.

The two most important parts for putting together a winning team are, obviously, the HC and the QB. In 2012, the worst team in football, KC, goes into the offseason without these two elements yet ends up with both a proven veteran winning HC and a proven veteran winning QB. How often does that happen?? ((sometimes there is nothing more important in life than timing))

While Alex Smith didn't light it up tonight, and he isn't likely to post big numbers often, he did what he has been doing for the past couple of years, keep the chains moving and not turn the ball over (maybe the two most important jobs for a QB). Used properly by Reid along with fielding a decent defense, that's a recipe for winning frequently. Not sure if that is a recipe for a SB team but I'm impressed so far with the change Reid has brought to KC. It will be most interesting to see how they do against this year's obvious SB winner, Denver :D.

The two most important parts for putting together a winning team are, obviously, the HC and the QB. In 2012, the worst team in football, KC, goes into the offseason without these two elements yet ends up with both a proven veteran winning HC and a proven veteran winning QB. How often does that happen?? ((sometimes there is nothing more important in life than timing))

While Alex Smith didn't light it up tonight, and he isn't likely to post big numbers often, he did what he has been doing for the past couple of years, keep the chains moving and not turn the ball over (maybe the two most important jobs for a QB). Used properly by Reid along with fielding a decent defense, that's a recipe for winning frequently. Not sure if that is a recipe for a SB team but I'm impressed so far with the change Reid has brought to KC. It will be most interesting to see how they do against this year's obvious SB winner, Denver :D.

Guess what, it's not. Harbaugh quickly figured this out and dumped him for Kaepernick, and the 49ers are going to reap the benefits for years to come. Smith can't throw past 5 yards. The Chiefs have an easy schedule and may actually make the playoffs with their style. But they are never winning anything with that QB.

Guess what, it's not. Harbaugh quickly figured this out and dumped him for Kaepernick, and the 49ers are going to reap the benefits for years to come. Smith can't throw past 5 yards.

That is faulty logic. CK being the better QB/winning the starting job does equal Alex Smith being a bad QB. It only equals that CK was the better QB.

And while I agree with your inference that Smith tends toward a lower YPA and that is most definitely not a strength of his, he still has a modestly decent YPA over the past couple of years, a good TD-Int ratio, good winning percentage and playoff experience. Those kinds of things say he is a good QB, not a great QB, a good QB. And for a cellar dwelling team, and many other lower half teams, getting a good QB would be a step up. It's just that good QBs are rarely available on the market, not to mention the worst team in the league actually being the one to actually sign him.

That's my real concern w/ KC, that their offense will eventually let them down sooner than later.

Of course if their defense can remain as effective as it's been, they may be able to stay quite competitive that way.

The situation is similar to when Smith was with the Niners in 2011 and the approx half season in 2012. They would win with defense and with ball control on offense. And you could see that this kind of tempered offense may cause some games to be closer or even a loss or two. With that said, this is game 3 for Smith in a revamped, former cellar dwelling KC. I'd expect over time he will gel a bit more with the offense. I don't expect KC to become explosive on offense just generally better. For what Smith brings to the table, it begins and ends with not turning the ball over, moving the chains, with that and their defense not letting the opposition's offense get into a scoring rhythm. Smith seems very adept at this and I think it will help KC win a good share of games. Is it enough to win the division with Den and SD there? At first glance no but I am never too impressed with September hype (even the unshakeable juggernaut known as the Broncos).

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back