PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 3 TNF: Kansas City Chiefs at Philadelphia Eagles

This Chief offense could be solid if they could get their run game going. Smith's been solid and very efficient the past 2 years and seems to have carried over to the Chiefs. I'm sure Andy's relieved he doesn't have to worry about all the TO's.

I think Smith leads the league in the fewest TOs the past 3 years including this year's games.

All he has to do is just not turn over the ball. Eagles will win this game for the Chiefs.

I'm really hoping the Chiefs can find a way to split with Denver. It's annoying to see Peyton leave one cakewalk division just as it becomes challenging for another cakewalk division.

The Chiefs have the defense to slow Peyton down, and Clady missing the rest of the season could hamper that offense moving forward. I just don't know if K.C.'s got the offense to put up enough points.

On the other hand, Peyton does love to throw ducks nowadays, so maybe the Chiefs defense can help with the scoring.

kellys O lasted a while...

Sean Smith is beastin'.

And to think, the knock on him was that he couldn't make plays on the ball.

Is there a more beautiful sound than pissed off Philly fans after a turnover fest of a first half?

Poe
Hali
Houston
Johnson
Berry
Flowers

That's a hell of a start to your defense.

When you get to pick top half of the draft most years, you tend to end up with substantially more quality starters.

Dang, Avery's good. What was his contract this offseason?

Is there a more beautiful sound than pissed off Philly fans after a turnover fest of a first half?

Not many.

I know Vick's got the faster wheels, and is exciting and has the name, but those faster wheels don't make up for the deficiencies in passing. I'd let one of those young QB's get their shot. You don't really need to sprint 50 yards. Scrambles would still work in this O.

Eagles defense couldn't tackle my grandma.

They really shouldve been up by 28 pts.

Re: Thursday Night Football:Eagles vs. Chiefs

At least it isn't the Demps that we gave to TB. That would have drawn some responses!
Good Jesus, the whinebags would be out like there's a full moon over a wolves' den...

Dang, Avery's good. What was his contract this offseason?
3 years, just over $11 M. His issues have been durability and his hands. Other than that, he's really explosive in the open field as he demonstrated already tonight.

As I said during week 1's one game against the Redskins when everyone was saying they're the best thing ever under Chip Kelly, their offense needed to show up against a good defense. So far they look average against the Chiefs. And if McCoy is out for an extended period of time, they can just start tanking now.

Ooooooh...that does not look good at all.

When you get to pick top half of the draft most years, you tend to end up with substantially more quality starters.

Berry was #5
Poe was #11
Derrick Johnson was #15
Hali was #20
Flowers was a 2nd rounder
Houston was a 3rd rounder

It's not as if they're all top 5 picks. Berry's the only top 10 defender that they've got, giving the Patriots just as many of those as the Chiefs have.

I can't believe he got up and walked off after the way it looked.

Derrick Johnson was #15
Hali was #20
Flowers was a 2nd rounder
Houston was a 3rd rounder

It's not as if they're all top 5 picks. New England's got 5 first rounders starting on their defense.

I didn't say they were all top five picks, did I? The higher you pick, the better chance you have of getting a better player. One of the downsides of always 10-6 seasons (or better) is you pick late in each round.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back