PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WEEI shows their ignorance towards the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Just listening to the weekend show, and some guy from Worcester called in:

"I want to talk about the Celtics instead of Curt Schilling pitching against Boston College, or that archaean NFL salary cap crap."

"I agree, I didn't understand anything written in the paper. Archaean is the perfect word for it. Why do they even mention all of that crap? I have no clue what they're talking about....I'm an English teacher."

Last edited:
anything but pats talk. That is their motto after all.

desi-patsfan said:
anything but pats talk. That is their motto after all.

Please don't start this again. I had it on all day at work yesterday and it was mostly Pats talk all day!! It has been mostly Pats talk ALL WEEK.

Also of note, a guy called in yesterday to talk about the Bruins and said that he had called on Thursday to talk hockey and was told they were only taking football calls because of "bloody Thursday." So they are not biased against just the Patriots. Enough already with this stuff. :mad:

Bill's Girl said:
Please don't start this again. I had it on all day at work yesterday and it was mostly Pats talk all day!! It has been mostly Pats talk ALL WEEK.

Also of note, a guy called in yesterday to talk about the Bruins and said that he had called on Thursday to talk hockey and was told they were only taking football calls because of "bloody Thursday." So they are not biased against just the Patriots. Enough already with this stuff. :mad:

There is no bias at WEEI, just a bunch of pompous know it alls - except for Dale & Holley.

Bill's Girl said:

They weren't discussing the Patriots. They were discussing the NFL labor situation, due to the potential significance of it on the national sporting landscape, and America's most popular professional sport.

Any mention of the Patriots was relative to that. Had their been no labor issue, there would have been no football discussion, and no discussion of the Patriots, or the contractual situations of any of their players. This cannot possibly qualify as 'Pats talk."

You can deny that if you like, for whatever reason (I've yet to fully understand why you work so hard on here to deny any Red Sox bias on EEI, when it is so clearly obvious there is), but its a fact. Its also a fact that WEEI currently has the Red Sox radio rights, and it is critical for their business success that they have them again (and that question is open), because absent the Red Sox, their days of trumpeting themselves as "American's sports leader" are OVER. Despite what Freud maintained, sometimes a cigar is MORE than a cigar.

No, they're not biased against the Patriots. They are biased against any of the big four professional sports that they don't own the radio rights to. That's bad enough when it comes to the Celtics and Bruins, historic franchises that happen to be stuck in the midst of a fairly mediocre period in their histories, but its especially bad when it comes to the Patriots, the NFL's best and most successful franchise of the 00's, much of which happened while WEEI was discussing Alex Rodriguez, or Manny peeing in the wall, or whatever ******* soap opera they got going on over there at the moment.

You can whine about this opinion being expressed over here all you want. As long as that situation exists over there, you're going to keep hearing it, because its the truth.

The little that I've been able to listen to WEEI since Wed, it's been just about all football. There has been more talk on Adam, Willie, and how all this relates to the Patriots.

You have to give the devil it's due. After they got done with Manny showing up for work, they have been just about all football from what I've heard.

Depends on when you listen.

The morning show pretty much goes with the main sports topic.

Dale and Holley go by what the callers want.

The Big Show goes for whatever makes the most arguments and yelling.

If you just listen to the 1st 2 hours of the Big Show it's not bad. It's the final 2 hours that are horrible. They paint themselves into a corner with the single big topic of the day and then it goes downhill the last 2 hours until the "Whiner Line" comes on.

Why so surprised? Talk radio is all about the negative side of things. If the Pats lose AV, then it will be Pats talk all day. I'd bet the same is true evreywhere. Who wants to live in Pleasantville 24/7?

When the Pats are rolling, if there's nothing bad to talk about, it doesn't genrate calls! Most callers are the pessimistic type who'll b!tch about anything. The Red Sox are perfect fodder - questions abound about this years team.

The celts and Bruins don't get near the press because they stink so bad there's nothing to talk about Pats are the other side of the spectrum. :D

Believe it or not guys, but there are some sports fans who think of the labor issues in the NFL as boring. No, I don't understand them either. I've tried to get some football talk going on other sites but the threads all lie dormant with maybe a brief mention of AV at best.

sdaniels7114 said:
Believe it or not guys, but there are some sports fans who think of the labor issues in the NFL as boring. No, I don't understand them either. I've tried to get some football talk going on other sites but the threads all lie dormant with maybe a brief mention of AV at best.

AV will be playing in a drastically different NFL if a deal isn't reached.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes