PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Webster returns, Crable to IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, talk about bad luck with injuries. But things like this happen. What can I say, Crable had potential but he wasn't getting on the field as much as guys like Guyton and BJGE even before this happened, right? Come back stronger next year, Crable.

My man The Crab NEVER got on the field. Not once. Never even got on the bench on gameday either.
BB made the right move to maximize his utility of the 53.

My man The Crab NEVER got on the field. Not once. Never even got on the bench on gameday either.
BB made the right move to maximize his utility of the 53.

Seriously, I love how many people are saying "didn't play MUCH", LOL.

Now if Alexander, Wheatley and Morris are done, IR their butts and make room for useful numbers on the roster.

You have it backwards. Crable wasn't active because he couldn't play special teams.

Webster was released because he wasn't healthy enough to produce.

Crable has not played much special teams, if any, because he has mostly been inactive.

So zero loss at this point.

If the Pats need a rushing OLB, they have Redd on PS and can elevate him. In the meantime, Woods clearly outplayed Crable, given his opportunity to start all training camp during Vrabel's absence.

Welcome back Webster. I was surprised he was released. He brings some knowledge of the defense, given his two months this summer, and obviously some knowledge of the team he will be defending this weekend. He can't offer less than Wheatley right now.

Pats signed Jason Webster

Looks like Belichick will pick his brain about the Bills defense. I'm not surprise at all by this.

Sorry, just saw it was already posted.

Last edited:
Re: Pats signed Jason Webster

Looks like Belichick will pick his brain about the Bills defense. I'm not surprise at all by this.

Wow. You're a quick one. ;)

You know he was signed in the spring and released because he wasn't able to practice due to injury right?

Last edited:

Yeah, I'm so quick that I know this Bills signed him and he played for us. Which means he knows the Bills defense. Which in turn means that he was only signed so Belicheat can picks his brain for info.

I take that back, you guys do have a banged up secondary and he could be needed. I still think he gets his brain drained though.

Last edited:
Wasn't sure where to put this, but watch Patriots today on the website. O'Neil mentions the banged up secondary and losing Wheatley and Rodney and gaining Jason. Interesting the way he put it, but I wonder if he let loose that Wheatley is in worse shape than we hope by accident? Could just be referring to last week, but watching it, I'm not so sure.

Yeah, I'm so quick that I know this Bills signed him and he played for us. Which means he knows the Bills defense. Which in turn means that he was only signed so Belicheat can picks his brain for info.

I take that back, you guys do have a banged up secondary and he could be needed. I still think he gets his brain drained though.
Het troll..what are you honna do when the Bills move??

Het troll..what are you honna do when the Bills move??

Before you insult, use your spell check. To answer your question, they're not moving. Jim Kelly has already seen to that. If by some slim chance they do move, I wouldn't watch pro football anymore.

Before you insult, use your spell check. To answer your question, they're not moving. Jim Kelly has already seen to that. If by some slim chance they do move, I wouldn't watch pro football anymore.

Hm. Maybe I should root for them to move here... :p

Hm. Maybe I should root for them to move here... :p

Sure, they could build a stadium right next to Gillette. Or even better, tear down Gillette and build a better stadium with a dome. Maybe then you could actually get some good players to come through that city for once. Cripes, you haven't had a good quarterback come through there since Steve Grogan. :p

Last edited:

Sure, they could build a stadium right next to Gillette. Or even better, tear down Gillette and build a better stadium with a dome. Maybe then you could actually get some good players to come through that city for once. :p Hockey is a very close to being tied with football as my fav sports. It would be full on Sabres time!

I'm from Ontario. They'd move into the Dome.

I thought that at first too, but I don't think that has any relevance in this scenario. Webster hasn't been with the Bills since when, the first week of last season? If Belichick was going to pick his brain he would have already done it when he was picked up the first time around in the off-season, and now that it's 24 games and an entire off-season later, I don't know that the information he can add would be all that helpful. It's not like he was cut after the game plan had been developed and then going to play for the opposing team a few days later, à la Lawyer Milloy.

Should be a great game, really looking forward to this and the next two division games.

Crable needs to have an operation on his legs as in muscle transplants :D - My ex-wife had larger lower legs that he does....

He could get calf implants. Bodybuilders get them now to overcome a lack of proportion.

Seriously, though. I'm sorry to see this happen. Maybe Vince Redd can get some reps this season at some point. The Webster signing does not bode well for Wheatley.

You thought right. Crable is going to be awesome, especially after a year working out.

Hopefully, he works out locally (in response to the last rookies LB who worked out on his own).

Wasn't sure where to put this, but watch Patriots today on the website. O'Neil mentions the banged up secondary and losing Wheatley and Rodney and gaining Jason. Interesting the way he put it, but I wonder if he let loose that Wheatley is in worse shape than we hope by accident? Could just be referring to last week, but watching it, I'm not so sure.

This is the very reason why Wheatley was too risky to take at the end of the 2nd round: short, slight of build, and a history of multiple injuries to the same part of the body.

Damn the Omissioner to hell for taking away our 1st-rounder, which could've been CB Brandon Flowers.

If the Pats need a rushing OLB, they have Redd on PS and can elevate him. In the meantime, Woods clearly outplayed Crable, given his opportunity to start all training camp during Vrabel's absence.

When I heard Crable to IR I thought Rosie Colvin... but we are so thin at CB I don't really see that happening. Although Slater or someone like that could get the IR disease.

There's a reason Colvin's out of a job, he's too banged up. Not a chance he returns.

Crable, your 15 minutes are up!! I'M BACK!!!!:singing:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back