PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Washington Post calls out Goodell for lies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prepare for a series of well timed leaks by next Wednesday the NFL will not take this lightly.. where is Mort and Steven A????..

Still await a national piece that will pull all of this together and lead to the demise of Roger and his crew of former Jets Front Office idiots..

Great article. Glad that some people are actually taking the time to read and digest this transcript, and comparing it to Goodell's numerous lies that he fed everyone under the assumption that the truth would never be made public.

We need more momentum to oust Goodell. Chatham had a good one too but smaller audience. Waiting for the Times.... Eventually an owner will be too embarrassed to defend this slime.
http://www.footballbyfootball.com/column/the-nfl-still-thinks-youre-stupid
No balls were deflated by anything other than nature. And the guy overseeing the process is a buffoon who exposes the brand to problem after problem that never had to happen.
As I've maintained all along, Roger Goodell has got to go. The game of football is too important to too many millions of people to have this reckless clown as the face of the sport.

Wait! Felger and Mazz argued the only one they could find who was lying in the appeal transcript was Brady. They found Goodell, Vincent, and Wells quite honest and forthright. Who are you going to believe?

Sepp Blatter is available.
That would improve the respect for the integrity of the league.

Wait! Felger and Mazz argued the only one they could find who was lying in the appeal transcript was Brady. They found Goodell, Vincent, and Wells quite honest and forthright. Who are you going to believe?
Didn't bother to mention the whole part about Vincent first receiving news of the situation during the game when Grigson arrived knocking when Gardi was already aware of Grigson's complain days earlier? Unsurprising.

Sepp Blatter is available.
That would improve the respect for the integrity of the league.

At least Sepp is only motivated by money :p

Rog & co it's all down to jealousy, which is much more dangerous.

Rodge - I guess you should have vacated it huh?

Didn't bother to mention the whole part about Vincent first receiving news of the situation during the game when Grigson arrived knocking when Gardi was already aware of Grigson's complain days earlier? Unsurprising.

Why would they acknowledge something that shoots holes in their moronic arguments.

As of yesterday, Felger was arguing the "fact" that Wells held back that Brady destroyed the cell phone since March (except in the Goodell decision that the league wasn't informed of that until June 18th) proves that the NFL was holding back damaging stuff on Brady and that is why Brady would cave before the NFLPA had to file the appeal transcript. If he can make up that fact, why would he acknowledge real facts that go against his argument.

I have to think that Sally Jenkins is taking her time and doing her due diligence - as she's usually not one to try to rush to be the first story - just the best

I have to think she's going to eviscerate Goodell* over this

Honestly, while I love the headline, this strikes me as one of the least compelling arguments that shows that Goodell was framing and slandering an innocent man

Though I guess the point is that Goodell and Wells are deliberately trying to confuse and make it seem like an inordinate amount of discussions are taking place

It really is laughable that Goodell would use the fact that Brady did what any innocent man would - call the equipment manager after getting off the phone with WEEI when he learned of an allegation - as proof of his guilt

Last edited:
Is this true? thank God I'm at work and not listening to those two f#cks. You can really predict, with 100% accuracy, the tone of their show each day when it comes to the Pats.

Not to mention Grigson pokes his head in and says "We're playing with a small ball" (the term "smaller balls" was in the email sent to Grigson earlier from Sean Sullivan on Jan 17) and Vincent and Kensil just automatically know what he's talking about? Unless there was some context Wells doesn't talk about, or "small ball" is a common term in football, this is another red flag to me. I wish Kensil questioned him about that.

[Knock-knock]

Vincent: "Come in!"
Grigson: "We're playing with a small ball"
Vincent: "Ok, thanks!"
Vincent: "Hey Kensil, did you hear that? Grigson just said the Patriots have purposely taken it upon themselves to deflate the footballs to lower than regulation specs! We gotta get down there!"
Kensil: "I told them I didn't want to have to do that! Let's go!!!!"

I liked Jeff Howe's tweet: Who will play Roger Goodell in True Detective 3? Responding tweet:Satan.

I liked Jeff Howe's tweet: Who will play Roger Goodell in True Detective 3? Responding tweet:Satan.

I vote for will ferrell. He's got the self aggrandizing moron routine down pat. Can't you just see him crying into a scotch on the phone with kensil after the appeal is published; "But mike, the integrity, why don't they understand I must protect the sacred integrity of our pure game?" All while perusing jetsinsider on his tablet adorned with a jets protective cover. Kensil on the other side in his jets fuzzy pajamas, eating fruit loops from a plastic bowl, wearing one of the stupid jet (as in jet airplane) hats (you know the pic of the fat slob in the Cape and that absurd hat). Kensil simply mutters back with a mouthful of cereal "but that Tom Brady, Brady. How can he be beat. Superhuman. Geno, ****."

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes