PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Was anyone else shocked NBC said outright that Brady > Peyton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The haters will soften on Brady and he'll get his nationally recognized credit as the GOAT when he retires.
Time heals all wounded. NFL fans will say Tom Brady was the greatest when he's no longer there.

I was as big a Peyton Manning hater as they came, but even I felt sorry for him when he was benched for his 4 interceptions and atrocious football-play.

A frothing hatred is hard to keep up when you no longer have to fear someone/something. and we no longer have to worry about a history where he has 2 rings and Tom only has 3. That path through the universe went bye-bye and it's a dominant 4 to 1.

My Peyton Manning hate has pretty much melted away this season. He's done. He lost. History has spoken. He was just a rival to the GOAT.

We told you Tom was better, though. Just saying. We told you 10 years ago. We were right, and you (Peyton fans) were wrong.
It's one of the reasons you hate us. Another layer of your hate for Patriot Nation to bask in like a feathered bed of roses.

F you.

But, but, but, Peyton led the league in QBR every year since ESPN was invented the stat!

No, because anyone who has eyes can see that Manning sucks now and I think the comment was very much steeped in being prisoners of the moment. Do we really realize that what we're watching Brady do is something we've NEVER seen any other QB do in league history? He found a way to get better, more agile, more nimble, more mobile, more smarter (ha ha) at 38 than he was at 28. The man is unreal. So it doesn't surprise me that it happened on Sunday night. It would have surprised me if it happened maybe just two years ago . . . or even at the start of last season.

Championships are immortalized. Passing records not so much. See Montana vs Marino.

Fivehead fans hang on. I just had a bizarre convo with a dude, who was a Colts fan until going to the AFC Championship game in Foxboro this past January. He hated the Colts after that, and the whole Defamegate mess, and is a Pats fan. He still says Manning is the GOAT, but based on what? I have no idea. Didn't make sense to me. The claim is that Manning had no receivers and Brady is lucky to have BB. There will always be something for the haters/Fivehead ballwashers.
Was he making this argument in some type of bizarro universe where everything is the opposite?.....o_O

I gotta say, I thought it was pretty cold of Costas to do that commentary at that time. But who cares.

It's too obvious for even the biggest haters to deny it now.

But they will as doubters always seek the exception, rather than the rule.. it is human nature.

Haven't heard any "asterick****" rhetoric in a while, we are due..

Was he making this argument in some type of bizarro universe where everything is the opposite?.....o_O

Yeah, I had no starting point, and just said I disagreed and left it at that.

I wasn't shocked, but then again I don't think that the media has some kind of vendetta against the Pats like most here seem to think.

The comparison between who is better, Brady or Manning is made because they played against each other. I've never seen any comparison saying that Manning is better than Montana because they can't be compared simply due to the playoff records and Lombardi trophies Peyton doesn't have.

A closer comparison for Manning is the guy whose passing yardage record he just broke, Favre. One title and a lot of regular season wins.

LOL, I thought they said it rather reluctantly, but no, I was not surprised. After all, it was not ESPN doing the story...

What happens if he comes back ala Bledsoe and helps win the AFCCG or SB this season. Certainly a possibility with all the league shenanigans this season.

I gotta say, I thought it was pretty cold of Costas to do that commentary at that time. But who cares.

I didnt.

At the end, only one of those guys was playing sunday, and he just so happens to be playing at the highest level. Not to mention Brady has more rings, and leads the all time series record.

I thought it was the perfect time to put an end to that story.

Last edited:
Fivehead fans hang on. I just had a bizarre convo with a dude, who was a Colts fan until going to the AFC Championship game in Foxboro this past January. He hated the Colts after that, and the whole Defamegate mess, and is a Pats fan. He still says Manning is the GOAT, but based on what? I have no idea. Didn't make sense to me. The claim is that Manning had no receivers and Brady is lucky to have BB. There will always be something for the haters/Fivehead ballwashers.

A Manning fanboy that's also a bandwagon Pats fan.

How in the hell does this happen?

What happens if he comes back ala Bledsoe and helps win the AFCCG or SB this season. Certainly a possibility with all the league shenanigans this season.

Only team Manning will help win in the playoffs is the team the Broncos are facing.

If the rumours are true about Manning coming back for another year, he will tarnish his "legacy" even more. It's not a debate anymore, but if he comes back for another year (which will be atrocious), that gap will widen significantly.

hes not much beyond this:
manning_illustration_g_mp_64011.jpg

A Manning fanboy that's also a bandwagon Pats fan.

How in the hell does this happen?

Roger Goodell's NFL...

If the rumours are true about Manning coming back for another year, he will tarnish his "legacy" even more. It's not a debate anymore, but if he comes back for another year (which will be atrocious), that gap will widen significantly.

hes not much beyond this:
manning_illustration_g_mp_64011.jpg
Yep. He came back this year and got the records. Apart from minimally adding to the records, I don't see the point. He's not winning a Super Bowl.

It's too obvious for even the biggest haters to deny it now.

It has always been obvious. Below is a list of 12 QBs that I would rather have play a big game for my team than P6, and I challenge any of the Manning rumpswabs to make a case against any one of them. Oh, and Brint Favre isn't on the list;

1 - Tom Brady
2 - Joe Montana
3 - Johnny Unitas
4 - Roger Staubach
5 - Bart Starr
6 - Dan Marino
7 - Ken Stabler
8 - John Elway
9 - Otto Graham (the only one I didn't see play)
10 - Steve Young
11 - Troy Aikman
12 - Terry Bradshaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back