PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Voting on Patriots Selection #48 only!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I go with Shea McClellin ... I don't like either Branch or Curry!

If we think O-line is something the Patriots need I would take James Brown out of Troy before anyone else left on the board. He can play either tackle spot or even guard.

I do not know much about McLellin. I like what I saw in the little bit I have on him. He has tape showing him standing up and even playing some ILB. I think he is good at a lot of things, not great at anything particular. I could be on board with that pick.

I am NOT on board with Dennard at all. I would rather go with someone like Trumaine Johnson who could play safety or corner. I also like pure corners Josh Robinson.

I guess I do not have a great feeling either way.
I will go McLellin though since I really do not want Dennard and he seems to have similar amount of votes.

Ben Jones C - need to have the C of the future who can also fillin at OG.

I'd rather take McClellin here even though he's far form the BPA, than end up with Dennard.

Shea McClellin.

Just say "NO" to Dennard.

I am surprised that no one here is looking at Chandler Jones..

It's the same binkie group of McLellin and Curry.. Neither of whom are 6'4 and both of whom should still be around at 62 :D

While my 1st choice would be Dennard, looking at how the 1st round went we had 3 CBs taken in the bottom half. So there's a chance he or Minnifield could slip to the end of the 2nd round.

My vote goes to Vinny Curry, but at current count I have:
Shea McClellin 6
Vinny Curry 5

My vote is Curry.

Shea has experience dropping into coverage. He also has slightly better combine numbers. Curry however has 40 TFL, 23 sacks, and 9FF compared to 26TFL, 16.5 sacks and 2FF for Shea. Is this simply because Shea is asked to rush less? That would seem to be at least part of the reason. But the FF stat says to me that Curry's technique rushing the passer is more refined.

I'm goin with Joe Adams here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes