PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vinny, a kicker, or some db help??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Which one do you think is going to fill the spot left open by the release of Johnathan Smith.. I think we might be bringing Vinny on board?? just a hunch , could use some db help like lance shulters, instead of using Troy Brown.. I dont think we would bring another wr on board, but you never know..

Based on our secondary's last performance... it's gotta be Vinny

khayos said:
Based on our secondary's last performance... it's gotta be Vinny
?? why? vinny wont play. DB depth is what we need.

PatsWorldChamps said:
?? why? vinny wont play. DB depth is what we need.

Based on what? We have Poteat. Smoke and mirrors.

Depends on what is going on with Hobbs and Wilson, if either is headed to the IR then it will be a DB.

NE is also down to 4 WRs, one of which is a rookie who has only sparingly seen the field.

I see a WR taking that spot. Since NE is going into the bye, they could sign a DB or someone for just the Miami game, but 3 WRs is not enough

Situationally dependent on two factors.
First, what's the health and depth situation of the postion(s) at the time.
Secondly, the QUALITY of the shadow roster players available.
The 2nd factor is the determinant given roughtly equivalent needs at 2 or more positions. No sense in adding a player who cannot contribute.

I actually wouldn't be too surprised if the Pats go with only 4 WRs. The offense has enough versatile players like Watson and Faulk where they will rarely need a 4th WR let alone a 5th. Also, signing a DB allows Troy to stick to WR where he belongs.

BB is usually more concerned with having good players than some scrub fill a required roster spot.

GJAJ15 said:
Depends on what is going on with Hobbs and Wilson, if either is headed to the IR then it will be a DB.

Well, then why drop Smith to open a slot?

If Hobbs and Wilson are going to be fine after the Bye (or before it for that matter) then the spot will go to an guard, perhaps Mruc gets brought back. Since right now we are down to just Russ to give us depth at the three interior positions.

If Hobbs or Wilson is going to miss several weeks, I would not be surprised if a DB is added. Sanders has been a big disappointment so far this season. Though Spann has not done anyhting to say he gets to keep his current job either.

In any event, I think sometime soon they will look into adding another reciever and sending Spann back to the practice squad, or Hobbs or Wilson going to IR depending on thier health. 4wr is really stretching things. Perhaps Bam gets back onto the squad, perhaps they have someone-else in mind.

None of the above. The spot should be filled with a Ster. I believe Spann is now on the roster.

Or Mruc, who they cut to make room for Spann.

I see zero reason to bring Vinny in or a kicker in. Vinny would only be 3rd-QB insurance if Brady gets hurt and bringing in a kicker would be disastrous to Gostkowski's future, as well as being unwarranted. We can definitely use DB or WR help of course. Not much to discuss here.

khayos said:
Based on what? We have Poteat. Smoke and mirrors.
I agree 1000%. It doesn't matter how LBs and DBs play if they aren't big names and we got them off the street cheap. We need to sign some highly visible, high-priced defensive players. If we have to give up a draft pick, so much the better.

mgteich said:
None of the above. The spot should be filled with a Ster. I believe Spann is now on the roster.

or that STer dropped by Seattle

Digger44 said:
or that STer dropped by Seattle

Isaiah Kacyvenski. Seattle will re-sign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes