Welcome to PatsFans.com

Vegas has caught on | Pats -15 vs. Bills

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by tombonneau, Sep 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tombonneau

tombonneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Line opened at 15. Wouldn't shock me to see it move up.

And honestly, more than anything, having Vegas setting lines that high for us is a very positive indicator for this team, its talent, and 2007 future.

Granted, the Bills looked bad in Pitt, but still, these types of lines by Vegas confirms the Pats status as the NFL's top team.
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +398 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

They'll get some Bills money with that -as they'll need to. -15 is freaking nuts in the NFL.
  3. SeanBruschi54

SeanBruschi54 Rookie

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -1

#24 Jersey

Thats absolutely ridiculous. -15????

Bills always give us a tough game.
  4. cavtroop

cavtroop Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Its all about the money, and has nothing to do with what Vegas percieves is the difference between the teams, but what the *betting public* will think. A line like that is solely intended to get money bet on the Bills, thats it.

Not that I don't think we won't crush the Bills by more than 15 mind you, but I'm not a betting kind of guy.
  5. tombonneau

tombonneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Exactly. Vegas has to set the lines to get 50/50 money on each sides. Wouldn't shock me if bookmakers actually think the Pats will win this by 20-21.
  6. patriot lifer

patriot lifer Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

#87 Jersey

that's freaking high! It's funny to think that superbowl 36 was even worse at -14 for the Rams. Because that was a neutral field, it would have been -17 had the game been played at St. Louis. If this game was played at Buffalo, it would be a mere -9.
  7. TomBrady'sGoat

TomBrady'sGoat Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I was thinking about this last night. At what line would NE fans start betting on Buffalo? I concluded that until the line got to -20 I probably wouldn't wager on Buffalo, though I'd think about it at -17.

It's nuts, but from what we've seen it makes sense. NE is not content to win by 7, and has the ability to score a lot of points. This team is just that much better than everyone else.
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2007
  8. bakes781

bakes781 Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

You're right it should be 24 & the O/U=52 hello lol
  9. AzPatsFan

AzPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +216 / 19 / -10

The Pats obviously wanted too make a point about both the Chargers and all this overexagerated and somehat phony brou ha ha.

But Belichick is not known for running up the score. He si much more apt to start substituting freely with a big lead and to concede yardage to the opposition' s Offense if it burns the clock, and it helps win the game.

Buffalo may have entered thsi season as the potentially best next Team in the AFCE, but the big number of season ending injuries to a Team with little depth has doomed them right out of the gate.

I would not be surprised to have the Pats jump out to a three score lead and sit on it, and even let the Bills score again late.

Billl is all about winning the battlers ansd the WAr not in the elegance of doing so.
  10. PatsRI

PatsRI PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

It's around 16 right now:
    http://www.livenflodds.com/
    I thinks it's high but they must be getting a hell of alot of money on the Pats.
  11. bpeter17

bpeter17 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The "University of Buffalo" Bills???

16 points lol.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.