PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

User feedback, self regulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad idea! With this new tool, Box o'Rocks and the anti-*AHEM* posse would rule this board with an iron fist.

Damn, been here 2 years and did not know that we had colors based on posts. Who decides what color you are? :D I like blue, could I be blue?

No you're Mr. Pink. :beatingcoming:

There are 14 members with red reputation on this board.

bevster (VIP Donator)
BradyToMoss
BradytoMoss09
BRiZ
GJAJ15 (VIP Donator)
I Am DUNGY
jcdavey
KillEM
Lifer
mesoslo
newton_tom_cat
Patters (Moderator / VIP Donator)
TheComeback
Wendel

I do not deserve to be banned nor should anyone who donates money to the site. He'll even a moderator is in the red.

Banned is not something that I meant as an option, well at least not unless it's trully deserved. I meant more a long the lines of a more sophisticated user feedback system. Something like options of feedback with maybe specifics like "trolling, useless threads, thread hijack, excessive stupidity!", and taking away privileges for a certain amount of time. Something like you can't start a thread for 3 days on the first offense, a week on the 2nd etc...

Or if it's not an issue with resident threads creating threads, but they are hijacking or something, put a 3-day post limit like 10 posts a day maximum on the first offense etc...

It works on a large network like xbox live where if you constantly join games with voice on and cuss everyone out, enough people will report you and your voice eventually gets disabled for a day or a week.

Last edited:
Can't we implement some sort of suspension policy based on user feedback? The majority of posters here can sense a troll and worthless posters who had nothing to the board but fill it up with useless threads. The "reputation" system should be altered to dish out automatic suspensions.

Like the xbox live community, when a person gets too much negative feedback they get suspended, or their voice privileges taken away etc. This type of regulation usually works well, and too much negative feedback from your peers should result in suspensions. Or even just take away privileges like removing ability to START a thread or something.

Why, so you and anyone that disagreeswith you can get banned to make you feel better?
I guess you'll have fun wacking me with bad rep after this, like a little child.

Have fun with that..... :violent:

Unfortunately there's too much margin for error on this, and letting the community decide who can/can't post unfortunately can potentially set up a lynch mob metality that I think could have a negative effect on everyone. Not to mention the fact that I think it would divide the forum and create a bad environment.

Don't get me wrong, I saw the people who posted in the Game Day thread and were declaring the game over when they were only down by 7. If you put 400 people in a room unfortunately you're not going to agree or get along with all 400. It just doesn't work. But myself and the mods have been discussing recent issues at length and are trying to come up with a solution. But I don't think using the reputation system for this is going to be the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back