PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

USA Today:On football: Belichick among the best-ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
"among" the best ever. LOL.

he is my god and tom brady is my jesus

"among" the best ever. LOL.
Yes, among. Among the likes of Bill Walsh, Vince Lombardi, Chuck Noll. Let's not forget history just because we have a very good coach.

What's funny about that.

i think its funny

b/c BB is the best, the rest of the greats are just a tid bit below him, and BB hasnt even retired yet...

keep in mind, the article made a godo point....how many of our players are locks for the HOF?

Great Article. It is rare when I can agree with everything said.

Yes, among. Among the likes of Bill Walsh, Vince Lombardi, Chuck Noll. Let's not forget history just because we have a very good coach.

You're right Pujo. At this time he can only be rated AMONG the best.
But before he's through.........:rocker:

Last edited:
I switched off when the guy used the word "flaunt" when he meant "flout". Twenty people on this board could have written a better article than this in five minutes.

Roger that .......

Screw that. By the time all is said and done, 'among' will have no place in this discussion. 2 more Super Bowls is about what it'll probably take for the national media to get over the fact that it doesn't like him.

LOL! Exactly. Word has it, Michael Jordan and Muhammad Ali were among the best ever too.:rolleyes:

Do you put Bill in Mohammed Ali's position or Jordan's position? I don't. In the NFL there is more competition at the top for those coaching honors.

What I think is that Bill will some day rise above Lombardi, Walsh, Noll but not quite yet, except to his fans (blind). At this point I can see him piling up SB trophies, but that still will depend a lot on the luck of keeping Tom healthy, keeping his coaching staff together, keeping Pioli, etc.

Do you put Bill in Mohammed Ali's position or Jordan's position? I don't. In the NFL there is more competition at the top for those coaching honors.

What I think is that Bill will some day rise above Lombardi, Walsh, Noll but not quite yet, except to his fans (blind). At this point I can see him piling up SB trophies, but that still will depend a lot on the luck of keeping Tom healthy, keeping his coaching staff together, keeping Pioli, etc.

Yes I do. That's my opinion. The guy was the mastermind behind the great Giants defenses that helped win two super bowls, he was the head coach of the 2001 Patriots who had NO BUSINESS winning a super bowl, he won back-to-back super bowls in 03 and 04, and he is on the verge of leading his team to an unprecedented 19-0 season this year if he caps it off. NOBODY has done that. Not Lombardi. Not Noll. Not Walsh. Not Gibbs. The guy will tie Noll for the most super bowls won by a head coach and he will have done it in the age of free agency and a salary cap, which is far tougher to accomplish than in the 60's, 70's, or 80's. I'm sorry, but the ONLY COACH he can even be compared to after this season is Lombardi.

Last edited:
This year he becomes the best ever. The others become "among".

BTW, how is it "blind" for fans like myself to say he is the BEST EVER if he wins it all this season? Bottom line, who do you want coaching your team in a 1 game takes all situation? Just one. Who do you want? Give me Lombardi or Belichick. Nobody else is even in the discussion.

Last edited:
Screw that. By the time all is said and done, 'among' will have no place in this discussion. 2 more Super Bowls is about what it'll probably take for the national media to get over the fact that it doesn't like him.

But that's the point: It's not all said and done and they don't have to treat him better than the Walsh, Lombardi, Noll faction.

I think too much is made of a guy's all-time ranking anyway. In rare cases it's not arguable. In most cases it is arguable. Bill current case is arguable, so why bother?

I have issue with this quote:

At 55, Belichick has become a controversial genius. Controversial because he tries to control the media, like his mentor, Bill Parcells, used to do. And he has been known to flaunt the rules as he did in the Spygate case in which he was caught taping the hand signals of New York Jets coaches.

Is that for real? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference