PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Update: Specter-Goodell Gets Personal (and more interesting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so disgusted by this Senator to ask such a question 2 days before the Super Bowl !! I am not an American , so i dont understand how politics comes into this . Its obvious to the dumbest person in the world that this 'Senator' does not want the Pats to win and has some kind of grudge against us. I hate him for it coz why not ask this very question over last 4 months ? Pathetic human being, just another Pats hater. Sorry about the Citizens who put up with these ******* ! GO PATS.

I would love to see Goodell call a meeting where he addresses the camera in close-up mode and simply states:

"Senator Arlen Spector...Eff You and kiss my A**!!"

Last edited:
HMMM... wouldn't this be politics related????

destroying football tapes is more important to this tool than securing country borders????

this guy is clearly out of his mellon.

Good point!!...NO, AWESOME POINT!!!

You would think Spector is placing this issue on par with Enron or something. The only thing missing is an unlawful act. I know if my company had an employee who broke a rule and lost pay that Arlen Spector wouldn't hunt the president of my company down and demand answers.

Honestly, Spector's motives should be investigated starting right now. If it is found he has no grounds to pursue this or used the super bowl to grandstand, he should be punished and removed from the committee. Was it because the media called it "spygate" that drew his attention? I think NOT!

The Senators website seems to be not working. You can get to it, but you can't do anything besides sign up for his newsletter and stare at his stupid face.

The Senators website seems to be not working. You can get to it, but you can't do anything besides sign up for his newsletter and stare at his stupid face.

He must of recieved alot of letters, including one I sent... So they took his website down.. His own wrong doing...

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/front_page/20080202_Spygate_sparring.html

Specter said...The tickets were for a close friend of Hoeflich's. "I think he's prepared to pay the exorbitant prices," Specter said. "It wasn't a gift or a gratuity."

I'm dying to know if the NFL got his Chief of Staff tickets or said "No can do".

Oh, Yeh? What exorbitant prices is he talking about? Face value? How can someone who is not a Senator get those face value tickets? There's a scandal here and it is influence peddling. What a SCUMBAG.

Use this link:
http://specter.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Contact.ContactForm

This is the email I sent him:
Nice timing on the spygate thing Senator. I don't believe for a minute that it wasn't a carefully calculated plan to embarrass the Patriots and the NFL right when they're about to make history. You say you tried contacting the league a couple of times but they didn’t respond. Fine. Wait a couple of days then. This is too obvious. As far as I’m concerned you're coming off as a disgruntled jealous fan who can't accept that the Eagles were beaten by the Patriots and this is your way of dealing with it.

So go ahead and drag this through the mud until you have the whole country against the NFL. I hope you will be satisfied and feel better about the Eagles loss in the Superbowl. FWI I’m a registered republican partly because I though the party was above this kind of irresponsible, tax payer wasting grandstanding. That’s all.

Good Day

This grandstanding aside, Specter's legacy will credit him as one of the leading contributors and defenders of the findings of the Warren Commission. Though the findings were and are controversial (over 70% of Americans still believe in the conspiracy theory), they have four decades later stood the test of time.

I got this message: An error occured while rendering your error request.

Must be because Comcast is my IP...I guess they aren't into Net Neutrality :D

I guess it doesn't matter. Apparently went on deaf ears. Here's the reply I got:

(Please do not reply to this email)

Thank you for taking the time to contact me.

I receive a large volume of E-mails, phone calls, faxes and letters
every week from concerned citizens like yourself.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of mail, I can only respond if
you're a resident of Pennsylvania. If you need to find out who your U.S.
Senator is please go to www.senate.gov.

How convenient for that sleazeball that he bring it up this week.

Let's get Pennsylvania Senator Arlen Specter

Okay PATS FANS. This is incredible! I cant believe that this guy would have the audacity to even bring this up on the Friday before the SUPERBOWL. He knew full well that with the PATRIOTS playing that this would be a great time for him to put the spotlight on himself. Political posturing hogwash! This guy is a self agrandizing politician. I for one will not stand for this for 2 very big reasons. #1) The Federal Government has no place in sports or entertainement of any kind. They are not my parents and should butt out. #2) I am sick and tired of the last year listening to self rightous zelots sit in thier leather chairs in there $2000.00 suits using my my tax money to chase sports heroes, distracting my enjoyment, ruining reputations, and most of all screwing with the pursuit of happiness. Steroids, gambling, and now the newest waste of time SPYGATE. I say we turn the tables. I want a full review of Senator Specter's financial's, both personal and professional to be made public. I want to know what his health records say. I want to know if he has any marital or familial issues. I want to know to see his educational records. I want to see his calendar. I want to see his background investigation. I also want him to sit for a polygraph examination and answer direct questions concerning alcohol use, drug use, his tax history, his business dealings, his marital fidelity, his campaign finace tactics, his relationship with large business heads in his state and thier financial backing. I know that this sounds way to big for this board, but if this thing keeps going, I will make sure it becomes bigger than this board. If anyone out there has contacts, knows anyone associated with Specter, or just plain has a desire to help start digging. Start gathering info, write the local and national media. Call in to National Radio and TV and start raising questions on Specter. For that matter on all of these self appointed "savers of our society". I am over it!!!!! I will however be watching my PATS win tomorrow, and on MONDAY I will start my own fact finding mission!

"His office never asked us, 'Hey, why didn't you respond to the letter?' " Browne said. "We spoke to them about everything, including Super Bowl ticket requests, and it never came up."

Specter said he knew nothing about the ticket request, which came from his chief of staff, Scott Hoeflich. "I didn't know anything about it. ....
The tickets were for a close friend of Hoeflich's. "I think he's prepared to pay the exorbitant prices," Specter said. "It wasn't a gift or a gratuity."

I'm dying to know if the NFL got his Chief of Staff tickets or said "No can do".

Deniability is a top tenet of the politicians' creed.
Incredibly, there still are people around who'll let themselves believe this.
And other sounds that dribble from their mouths.

Re: Let's get Pennsylvania Senator Arlen Specter

Okay PATS FANS. This is incredible! I cant believe that this guy would have the audacity to even bring this up on the Friday before the SUPERBOWL. He knew full well that with the PATRIOTS playing that this would be a great time for him to put the spotlight on himself. Political posturing hogwash! This guy is a self agrandizing politician. I for one will not stand for this for 2 very big reasons. #1) The Federal Government has no place in sports or entertainement of any kind. They are not my parents and should butt out. #2) I am sick and tired of the last year listening to self rightous zelots sit in thier leather chairs in there $2000.00 suits using my my tax money to chase sports heroes, distracting my enjoyment, ruining reputations, and most of all screwing with the pursuit of happiness. Steroids, gambling, and now the newest waste of time SPYGATE. I say we turn the tables. I want a full review of Senator Specter's financial's, both personal and professional to be made public. I want to know what his health records say. I want to know if he has any marital or familial issues. I want to know to see his educational records. I want to see his calendar. I want to see his background investigation. I also want him to sit for a polygraph examination and answer direct questions concerning alcohol use, drug use, his tax history, his business dealings, his marital fidelity, his campaign finace tactics, his relationship with large business heads in his state and thier financial backing. I know that this sounds way to big for this board, but if this thing keeps going, I will make sure it becomes bigger than this board. If anyone out there has contacts, knows anyone associated with Specter, or just plain has a desire to help start digging. Start gathering info, write the local and national media. Call in to National Radio and TV and start raising questions on Specter. For that matter on all of these self appointed "savers of our society". I am over it!!!!! I will however be watching my PATS win tomorrow, and on MONDAY I will start my own fact finding mission!

Let me know if you need any help. I will make this my crusade too.

I still can't believe this guy is a senator...

I guess when they operated on Spector's brain to remove the tumor, they took out the part that controls intelligent thought too.

Comcast.

Comcast, Comcast, Comcast.

Yes - let's see if Specter is man enough to recuse himself on any votes affecting the NFL when Comcast is his 2nd biggest donor.

Though I tend to doubt it.

So just to recap, Sepcter has no credibility on this issue and Matt Walsh is a disgruntled fired employee who lies about how long he worked for the Patriots.

The end result is that the Patriots are more fired up than ever before to shove a 19-0 record down everyone's throats

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes