PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Update: Specter-Goodell Gets Personal (and more interesting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone is looking at this wrong. Since Specter is spending so much time with a vendetta against the NFL, it is obvious that congress have come up with definitive plans to end the war and bring stability to the Middle East, stimulate the economy, guarantee Social Security for centuries, end homelessness, reverse Global Warming, solve the conflict between Isreal and Palestine, end tensions with Iraq and North Korea, end genocide in Dafur, strengthed the dollar worldwide, figured out a way to make gas not cost over $3 a gallon, etc. I see this as a historic day.

Otherwise, Specter is seriously abusing his Congressional power to appease his constituates who incorrectly believe the Pats stole a title from them. Now that would be irresponsible of the Senator and with the high moral character of the US Government I seriously doubt that would happen.

Everyone is looking at this wrong. Since Specter is spending so much time with a vendetta against the NFL, it is obvious that congress have come up with definitive plans to end the war and bring stability to the Middle East, stimulate the economy, guarantee Social Security for centuries, end homelessness, reverse Global Warming, solve the conflict between Isreal and Palestine, end tensions with Iraq and North Korea, end genocide in Dafur, strengthed the dollar worldwide, figured out a way to make gas not cost over $3 a gallon, etc. I see this as a historic day.

Otherwise, Specter is seriously abusing his Congressional power to appease his constituates who incorrectly believe the Pats stole a title from them. Now that would be irresponsible of the Senator and with the high moral character of the US Government I seriously doubt that would happen.

my Sincere Kudos

bump...

love it...

Goodell and Specter must not like each other.

Last edited:
my Specter letter...

Dear Senator Specter,

I know you get thousands of letters, and suspect that you will likely get more than the usual share in response to your highly publicized recent charges against the National Football League.

I would appreciate it if you or one of your staffers would take a moment to explain the rationale of your unusual statements and actions of the last few days. They seem just plain odd from my point of view.

Although I am not a Pennsylvanian, I am a fan of football, and your re-invigoration of the months-old "Spygate", days before the Super Bowl, strikes me as tied to one of three interests:

1) Your interest in the Eagles, who lost to the Patriots in Super Bowl XXXIX; or
2) The abovementioned, in combination with an interest in the Steelers, who were lost to the Patriots in the 2001 AFC Championship Game; or
3) Your interest in Comcast -- a financier of your political career, a company based in Pennsylvania, and a company which has been at odds with the NFL all year over the NFL Network's distribution.

Understanding that the NFL has taken corrective action against the accused team, the Patriots; that the Patriots have taken accountability and paid unprecedented penalties, both in terms of cash and draft picks; and that the infractions were against league rules rather than the laws of the United States; it is difficult for the layman to understand your position that the Senate Judiciary Committee should involve itself in this league issue.

Without a further explanation of your actions, they appear to be simply the actions of a bitter fan or a transparent tool of the cable industry. If it is the latter, shame on you. If it is the former, please follow up with an investigation of Andy Reid and Donovan McNabb's criminal misunderstanding of clock management and the two-minute drill.

Sincerely,

[my name]

Not to be macabre, but a list of those who have perished in the war in Iraq from his district should be sent to him with a note that every last one of them is a million times more important than what he is doing.

Congratulations government, you've turned one of the last few people left on earth that defends you...against you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes