OG Al Netter
OG Manese Foketi
OG John Cullen

OT Jeff Allen
OT James Carmon
OT Steven Baker

XE Matt Veldman

WB Derek Carrier
WB Ifeanyi Momah ~ IR, but LOVE this guy!!
WB DeAngelo Peterson

SE Dale Moss
SE Michael Calvin

DT Chigbo Anunoboy

NT Hebron Fangupo

UT Armond Armstead

DE Scott Smith
DE Kentrell Lockett

EL Brett Roy

CB Ryan Steed
CB Micah Pellerin

There is a LOAD of Raw Talent out there!! :rocker:

Last edited:
Re: Tramain Thomas

I'm circling Armond Armstead and Chigbo Anunoboy. We need to get some other people in the talent pipeline at their positions.

Lets give this guy a shot:

Emil Igwenagu FB 6-1 249 Massachusetts

To get a couple of good undrafted free agents, the Patriots have to be
willing to join the signing frenzy and pony up some substantial bonus
money. Great Blue North publishes a list of the top undrafted players.
Check the Patriots signees against this list. A lots of our UDFAs such
as Gay and Hoyers were on this list.

Here ya go:
Great Blue North Draft Report

What I like about GBN's list is that UDFAs are listed by position, not by team.

Here ya go:
Great Blue North Draft Report

What I like about GBN's list is that UDFAs are listed by position, not by team.

Due to a personal commitment, the GBN webmaster did not produce the
list of the top 80 or so undrafted free agents. If so, the following
would have appeared on the list: Forston, Bolden, Zusevics, and Francis.

College Football News included the above four plus Warren in their
list of the top 75 undrafted free agents.

It appears the Patriots got a little quality among their UDFAs this year.

Due to a personal commitment, the GBN webmaster did not produce the
list of the top 80 or so undrafted free agents. If so, the following
would have appeared on the list: Forston, Bolden, Zusevics, and Francis.

College Football News included the above four plus Warren in their
list of the top 75 undrafted free agents.

It appears the Patriots got a little quality among their UDFAs this year.

If Forston is healthy (a big "if") then I think he becomes the leading candidate for UDFA on the 53. He would fit with Pryor (and likely Fanene) as interior rushers in sub...a role that looks to be taking on increased importance. Probably a gameday inactive (pending injury) as he refines his technique. However, he has a strong skill set that just needs experience and health to succeed.

Forston & Zusevics could also be candidates for the PUP list, through which they could be stashed a while longer before being subjected to waivers on their way to the PS.

I still wish that Bill had signed a couple of the higher-quality UDFA DBs, e.g. Leonard Johnson, Chase Minnifield, Ryan Steed, Aaron Henry, Sean Richardson, Phil Thomas, Janzen Jackson, Coryell Judie, Kelcie McCray, Duke Ihenacho, Sean Catthouse, or BC's Donnie Fletcher.
I suppose that he thinks he already has his UDFA DBs in Tavon Wilson & Nathan Ebner. Unfortunately for us, however, he wasted 2nd- & 6th-round picks acquiring them.

Last edited:
Forston & Zusevics could also be candidates for the PUP list, through which they could be stashed a while longer before being subjected to waivers on their way to the PS.

I still wish that Bill had signed a couple of the higher-quality UDFA DBs, e.g. Leonard Johnson, Chase Minnifield, Ryan Steed, Aaron Henry, Sean Richardson, Phil Thomas, Janzen Jackson, Coryell Judie, Kelcie McCray, Duke Ihenacho, Sean Catthouse, or BC's Donnie Fletcher. I suppose that he thinks he already has his UDFA DBs in Tavon Wilson & Nathan Ebner. Unfortunately for us, however, he wasted 2nd- & 6th-round picks acquiring them.

As I've said before, one reason that I think BB didn't sign more UDFAs is that he's getting tired of having to cut them and then have other teams snatch them up before he can sign them to the practice squad. There's a tremendous numbers crunch for the roster, and it's extremely unlikely that a FA DB or WR would make the team. We've learned that other teams pay attention to who the Patriots pick/sign, and we've lost a lot of guys that BB wanted to develop via the PS but couldn't get there: Will Yeatman, Zac Robinson, Ted Larsen, Lee Smith, etc.

There are 2 big advantages to signing guys like Forston/Zusevics with injuries: (1) as you say, PUP gives some extra time, including time for them to learn the playbook; and (2) it's MUCH easier to sneak a guy onto the PS in the middle of the season than at final roster cutdown time, when teams are scrambling to fill out their rosters. Usually in the middle of the season teams want to add a player who will contribute right away, not a developmental guy coming off an injury with no experience. So it's much more likely that the Pats could PUP Zusevics/Forston, cut them and then sign them to the PS than just cut them at the end of training camp and hope no one snatches them up.

We're also seeing a pattern with BB's UDFA picks: Bolden, Forston and Zukevics are all guys who were projected to be draftable, but who fell due to injuries. Minnifield would have fit in the same category - maybe the Pats tried to sign him, and he would have been a solid UDFA signing. But I think that BB doesn't want any part of a guy like Janzen Jackson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft