PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Undefeated at the Bye But By Razor Thin Margins

Status
Not open for further replies.

QB12

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
If we get to the bye undefeated, but with a point differential of only 4-5, with noticeable improvement each week, would you be happy?

QB12

ahhhhhh too many conditions! :) If we are undefeated at the bye...i will be very happy.

Hrm, anytime we can go undefeated is a great thing. I don't care the margin:)

We are not going to beat Cincinnati as I beleive that is a game played before the bye week,so I guess 1 loss would be fine,but we can likely count that one a loss,unless we Knock out Chad and Carson from the game...Carson looks like an upcoming MVP candidate this season,Just as highly regarded as Brady and Manning at this point Manning sucks so its hard for me to say that,but I am impressed with Carson at this time in his career,Hes not Brady but hes getting better :))

PATRIOT64 said:
We are not going to beat Cincinnati as I beleive that is a game played before the bye week,so I guess 1 loss would be fine,but we can likely count that one a loss,unless we Knock out Chad and Carson from the game...Carson looks like an upcoming MVP candidate this season,Just as highly regarded as Brady and Manning at this point Manning sucks so its hard for me to say that,but I am impressed with Carson at this time in his career,Hes not Brady but hes getting better :))

"We are not going to beat Cincinnati" Good to know. I will make other plans for that day.

PATRIOT64 said:
We are not going to beat Cincinnati as I beleive that is a game played before the bye week.
If this is based upon a victory at Arrowhead, please note the Kansas City maybe the most overrated team in the NFL. The Kansas City Chiefs will sorely miss offensive tackles Willie Roaf and John Welbourne this season and their offensive production will severely suffer because of the two aforementioned departures.

I would be thrilled. I don't care if they win games by 1 point each time, a win is a win. Doing whatever it takes to win, while sometimes winning ugly, has netted the Pats three titles. Looking really good while winning has gotten the Colts zero.

PATRIOT64 said:

That is not for certain ... not even probable.

By the time PATs face Cincy they will have played Denver. If they do
well against Denver then why not also against the Bengals?

PATs pass offense was weak in week one but if in next two games Gabriel
and Jackson begin to get in the mix and the Oline starts to pass protect
better then PATs should score well against the Bengals.
Assume PATs allow only at most 20-24 points which is reasonable considering PATs defense, PATs offense by then surely can score that
much. Two good offenses? I'll take PATs D over Bengals D.
Should be a good game.

Last edited:
ATippett56 said:
If this is based upon a victory at Arrowhead, please note the Kansas City maybe the most overrated team in the NFL. The Kansas City Chiefs will sorely miss offensive tackles Willie Roaf and John Welbourne this season and their offensive production will severely suffer because of the two aforementioned departures.

yes but cincinatti played without housh and didnt really show much
honestly i would obv love to see a win that week but i also think cincy will beat us in possibly our only loss of the season

Yeah! Especially with the improvements, because that's what it will take for us to be a serious team in the playoffs.

If the Pats are doing the best that they can, it doesn't matter how close the game is. Even if they lose, you can be proud that they tried their best.

I actually think that they will lose in Cincy as well, not because they aren't good enough, but because the game follows Denver. NE is going to win vs. Denver if it takes learning to transport themselves to alternate planes of existance.

I think that they are going to put so much into that game that they will have a emotional let down the following week.

Then they are going to come back and beat the snot out of Miami, knocking them into early also-ran status at 2-3.

So then, Patriot64 and PF55 ...
if the Pats cannot beat the Bengals, i guess you don't think we are getting past them in the playoffs, either.
End of season?

I'd be very happy especially since my pre-season prediction was 14-2 with the losses at Cincy and at Miami.

As far as Cincy goes, I figured after getting pumped for Denver and blowing them out at the Razor, this could be a bit of a trap game. And if we did lose to them in the regular season and they were unfortunate enough to draw us in the post-season I would all but guarantee a Pats win. :rocker:

If the Pats suffer a major let down against the Jets due to the

Branch thing, this team may be lucky to be 2 and 3 at the bye week.

Oswlek said:
I actually think that they will lose in Cincy as well, not because they aren't good enough, but because the game follows Denver. NE is going to win vs. Denver if it takes learning to transport themselves to alternate planes of existance.

I think that they are going to put so much into that game that they will have a emotional let down the following week.

The same can be said of Cincy, don't you think, as they will have come off just playing at Pittsburgh the same day we host Denver.

QB12

QB12 said:
The same can be said of Cincy, don't you think, as they will have come off just playing at Pittsburgh the same day we host Denver.

QB12
Pittsburgh will definitely beat Cincy in week 3.I'm not impressed at all with Cincy's victory over a defenseless KC team last Sunday.All we have to do is play smash mouth football and we''ll be victorious in week 4.Cincy doesn't scare me at all.

Posts where people say "this will happen" or "not happen" crack me up. If I knew what was going to happen every game I wouldn't think waqtching would be very interesting.
If the Patriots don't get better play at WR and thier OL and front 7 wait until the 2nd half to start playing, they won't be undefeated at the bye. If they don't do that they could just about lose to anyone. They almost lost to the Bills. I think the OL and front 7 will play better for the whole game now, but no one knows how the WR's will pan out and as BB always says, he doesn't know what he's got until the 4th or 5th game of the year. So, I don't know how anyone here can know.

Its simply just like I see it,I don't think we will match up well at Cincy and Don't see us winning the game unless there is a important player injury on the Bengals or turnovers by them,they are an up and coming team and I can see a little of them like in our guys..Remember before Kraft took the ownership who was the Laughing stock of the league? WE WERE!! - The bengals have been called Bungles and worse and were the laughing stock in the last decade,now they are coming around just like we did in 1994...I am as big as a Patriots fan as can be and evidenced by my Patriots shrine in my home :) But reality is reality we are not going undefeated nor will we be 14-2/15-1 its not gonna happen no matter how much I hope I am wrong,Losses will come and that may be the first,Like I said previously I expect us to be at 11-5 this year and at least as far as where we were in the playoffs last year,hopefully farther this time - 8-8 record without Brady should he go down more than 3 games on injury ..I do not like the bengals at all,in fact dislike is more the word, but respect the turnaround the franchise has had

flutie2phelan said:
So then, Patriot64 and PF55 ...
if the Pats cannot beat the Bengals, i guess you don't think we are getting past them in the playoffs, either.
End of season?

honestly i think the only way we can get by them in the playoffs is if its at home in the playoffs

i have us beating them in the afc championship but thats if we get a higher seed

i would not be surprised if the bengals win the super bowl
i dont know if i ever thought id say that, lol

PATRIOT64 said:
Its simply just like I see it,I don't think we will match up well at Cincy and Don't see us winning the game unless there is a important player injury on the Bengals or turnovers by them,they are an up and coming team and I can see a little of them like in our guys..Remember before Kraft took the ownership who was the Laughing stock of the league? WE WERE!! - The bengals have been called Bungles and worse and were the laughing stock in the last decade,now they are coming around just like we did in 1994...I am as big as a Patriots fan as can be and evidenced by my Patriots shrine in my home :) But reality is reality we are not going undefeated nor will we be 14-2/15-1 its not gonna happen no matter how much I hope I am wrong,Losses will come and that may be the first,Like I said previously I expect us to be at 11-5 this year and at least as far as where we were in the playoffs last year,hopefully farther this time - 8-8 record without Brady should he go down more than 3 games on injury ..I do not like the bengals at all,in fact dislike is more the word, but respect the turnaround the franchise has had

oh i actually do like the bengals
it was prob because i saw theyre up and coming status before most and said so to my friends and family

also, i had carson palmer on my fantasy team last yr and the yr before
i have rudi johnson this yr
i had housh last yr and this yr
i had chad johnson last yr, two yrs before that, and am trading for him tomorrow (three team trade-im sending jags defense and mcallister to someone for drew brees, then shipping brees and eric moulds for chad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft