PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ultimate irony

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzPatsFan

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Schector now reports that the Clots have Martin Gramattica in Indy to evaluate him as a replacement kicker for Adam Vinatieri...

I Kid You Not !!

That was pretty funny . . . it's Adam Shefter, though ;)

BelichickFan said:
That was pretty funny . . . it's Adam Shefter, though ;)

I stand corrected...

Can you say, "Trojan Horse"?:D

According to a post on the IndyStar forum, it was on the Indianapolis news this evening. As far as I understood, it was just a visit - no word of any signing.

That is pretty delicious.

I'm suprised it took this long for someone to sign Grammatica,he didnt look bad in pre-season..

I don't understand why Atlanta didn't sign Grammatica. Their Punter/Kicker was pathetic. He missed 6 of 8. I guess Morton Anderson will due for them.

AzPatsFan said:
Schector now reports that the Clots have Martin Gramattica in Indy to evaluate him as a replacement kicker for Adam Vinatieri...

I Kid You Not !!

We all hoped it would come to this.

Krugman said:
I'm suprised it took this long for someone to sign Grammatica,he didnt look bad in pre-season..

I agree it is strange...but I think he was injured in preseason.

Ultimate irony ?

Ultimate irony would be a Colts - Pats AFC championship game where, after the Colts go up 16-14 with 48 seconds left on clock, AV shanks the kickoff, Brady drives down the field to the Colts 30 yard line, and Ghost kicks the FG as time expires, exploding Polians head as the ball splits the uprights.

R

Nope; the ultimte irony is for the Polian brain-rust to make AV the highest paid kicker in football while he sits... on the Injured Reserve list!:eek:

AzPatsFan said:
Nope; the ultimte irony is for the Polian brain-rust to make AV the highest paid kicker in football while he sits... on the Injured Reserve list!:eek:

... while they sign Martin Gramatica, the kicker that lost out to Ghost to become AV's replacement to kick their field goals... he kicks well most of the year, but injures himself right before the playoffs when celebrating an unusually long kickoff.

Did someone say schadenfreud?

CTPatsFan said:
Did someone say schadenfreud?

When it comes to Pats going to teams I hate their is always schadenfreude.

AzPatsFan said:

I Kid You Not !!

AzPatsFan - could you edit your thread title to make some mention of what the thread's about to prevent others (like I just did) from starting a new thread on this?

I was looking to see if this had already been posted. Seeing nothing I posted - then had a thought that maybe, just maybe, "Ultimate Irony" might be someone's way of posting the news item about Gramaticca and AV.

Sure enough it was.

thanks

Last edited:
JoeSixPat said:
AzPatsFan - could you edit your thread title to make some mention of what the thread's about to prevent others (like I just did) from starting a new thread on this?

I was looking to see if this had already been posted. Seeing nothing I posted - then had a thought that maybe, just maybe, "Ultimate Irony" might be someone's way of posting the news item about Gramaticca and AV.

Sure enough it was.

thanks
I read this post and it's like I'm surfing a fresh wave of irony! Someone help, now I've got Alanis Morrisette (sp?) stuck on repeat in my head! :eek:

Be gldd to alter teh title but its too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News