PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

UDFAs to Keep an Eye On

Brandon Hepburn, LB, Florida A&M

LB with perfect Patriot intangibles.

Re Hepburn:

Brandon Hepburn Draft Profile

Smart kid!

I admire the kid (who wouldn't?), but this seems like perfect non-Patriot intangibles. BB wants kids who eat, drink, think, talk, sleep, smoke, and f@ck football...not someone who wants to expand his life experiences portfolio before moving on to his real calling in biochemistry.

If I'm BB and I want him, i'm saying to him "play ten years with us, earn lots of money and then go and set up your biochemistry company". That'll win his commitment. The guy is also very religious (in a good way) and a team captain. I have no doubts that if he committed to the Patriots, it wouldn't be a hobby. I do get what you are saying though - the same thought occurred to me.

Interesting discussion, in light of Myron Rolle's decision, today:

Myron Rolle Leaves NFL For Medical School | ThePostGame

I was quite bubbly about this kid a couple Years ago, and would've loved to've rolled the dice ~ if you'll pardon the expression :D ~ on'm with a 6th Rounder, as the Titans did...Didn't work out, but What The Hell?? :D

Needless to say: I'm crazy about the Hepburn kid. :rocker:

Easily my 3rd favorite Hepburn ever!! :D

audreyi.jpg

Roman-Holiday-gif-audrey-hepburn-21200285-500-292.gif

Sorry for the slight derailing, Gents...What an inestimably exquisite Creature.

I want vanderbilt rb zac stacy. He has no buzz so he might go undrafted, but he is an awesome power back.

Sorry for the slight derailing, Gents...What an inestimably exquisite Creature.
Frankly my dear ..... I don't give a damn!

Oops ... wrong actress!

Stelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllla!

NFLDraftScout Rank - 281st overall

Jared Smith, DT - New Hampshire

Jared Smith, DT, New Hampshire, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

This thread is about who is on your Radar -

Well, Under the Radar is fellow New Hampshire teammate (and Thayer Academy grad)

Rank - 738th overall
Matt Evans, ILB - New Hampshire

He was the best defensive player in New England - Buchanan award winner - all time UNH tackler
His UNH pro day numbers are pretty good
He's on my radar cuz I know him and he's a quality young man and good football player - I'm rooting for him!

Interesting discussion, in light of Myron Rolle's decision, today:

Myron Rolle Leaves NFL For Medical School | ThePostGame

I was quite bubbly about this kid a couple Years ago, and would've loved to've rolled the dice ~ if you'll pardon the expression :D ~ on'm with a 6th Rounder, as the Titans did...Didn't work out, but What The Hell?? :D

Needless to say: I'm crazy about the Hepburn kid. :rocker:

Easily my 3rd favorite Hepburn ever!! :D

audreyi.jpg

May I ass-ume then that your 2nd-favorite Hepburn is Katherine?

BTW, I too was looking at Rolle as a possibility at 205 where Ted Larsen was taken, though my first choice
was East Carolina DLineman CJ Wilson, who I still believe could've been a servicable player for us,
especially during passing downs.

BTW, I too was looking at Rolle as a possibility at 205 where Ted Larsen was taken, though my first choice
was East Carolina DLineman CJ Wilson, who I still believe could've been a servicable player for us,

Screw Katherine. Never could stand her. The 2nd-best is clearly Patrick Hepburn, the 1st Earl of Bothwell.

Cody Larsen DT - S. Utah, 6' 4" 302. Playmaker, but weak competition. Might get drafted in the 7th, but that's doubtful.

Taimi Tutogi: FB - Arizona, 6'1" 246. Good hands. Has also played DL in packages and TE. A player w/ little pedigree that will apply himself, seems like a perfect BB kid.

Mark Harrison WR - Rutgers, a huge WR (6' 3" 231 lbs) with 4.37 speed (but not a quick first two steps), that's going to need a couple of years to be developed. If he can prove himself at ST while he's learning he might be a reasonable UDFA shot.

Immediately after the draft, the Patriots have to target high end
prospects and sign them quickly. They were very successful last year.

This thread is about who is on your Radar -

Well, Under the Radar is fellow New Hampshire teammate (and Thayer Academy grad)

Rank - 738th overall
Matt Evans, ILB - New Hampshire

He was the best defensive player in New England - Buchanan award winner - all time UNH tackler
His UNH pro day numbers are pretty good
He's on my radar cuz I know him and he's a quality young man and good football player - I'm rooting for him!

I got my Binky !!!

UNH's Evans in for a tryout with Patriots - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Go Matt

You may, Sir!! :D

Sorry for the late response: I'd forgotten I'd posted, here!! :eek:

No problem; this thread isn't going anywhere for awhile. Speaking of which, glad to see
Ryan Osiecki get a shot during mini-camp. He has the size, and at the very least should
help give Brady's arm a rest during TC, should he make it that far.

Hey guys, just curious if you've heard anything about how Grissom or Vellano have done in rookie camp and/or OTAs. I was a fan of both prospects going into the draft and saw you snagged both of them. I liked Fortson after the combine last year, too... not many big men that move like that.

After cutting Love and Deadrick, what do you think are the roster prospects for these three guys? Any nuggets about how they've looked so far? Thanks!

Grissom has a decent chance to stick as a Myron Pryor-type Passing-down DT;
similar measurables as Forston.

As for Vellano, he would've had a better chance of sticking as a DE if we still ran a 2-gap 3-4;
I don't see him as anything more than a body for our OL to practice against.

Surprised to hear that opinion of Vellano. He was a second-team all-American as an UT for Maryland in a 4-3 in 2011 before they switched to a 3-4 in 2012.

Grissom has a decent chance to stick as a Myron Pryor-type Passing-down DT;
similar measurables as Forston.

As for Vellano, he would've had a better chance of sticking as a DE if we still ran a 2-gap 3-4;
I don't see him as anything more than a body for our OL to practice against.

I think you have Grissom and Vellano mixed up.

Hmmm...Vellano played at 285 during the season, but now weighs 305. No wonder his pro day #s
were less athletic than I thought they would have been.
He's also shorter than I remembered; closer to 6'1 than the 6'3 I thought he was.

So now that you mention it, Vellano & Cory Grissom might indeed be competing for a similar role
on the defense. I won't be surprised if one of them ends up sticking on the Opening Day 53.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back