PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TV Maps: Week 6 - Ravens at Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know of any Pats friendly bars in NYC?

The registry of Pats fan clubs on patriots.com lists this place in Astoria - though as a word of warning, groups that are no longer active do seem to remain on that listing forever.

Official New England Patriots - Fan Zone - Fan Club Registry
Primary Contact: John Robinson
Email: [email protected]
Meeting Location: 2007 33 Street
Astoria , NY 11105

Description: Home based Patriot club always looking for new members. Watch all games on big screen in HD and lots of cheering

Members: 11

Best places to watch the New England Patriots - ESPN Boston
Brooklyn, N.Y.
1. Stephen writes: "Good game bars in Brooklyn include 200 Fifth at 200 Fifth Ave, Brooklyn (Park Slope). Has all the games and very good bar food. Also, Dram Shoppe has many of the games, and excellent hand cut French fries (I recommend the chipotle mayo dipping sauce). Neither are necessarily 'Patriot bars,' but there are always lots of Pats fans there, and there are lots of Boston sports fans in NYC, to the chagrin of NYC sports fans."
New York, N.Y.
1. Matt B writes: "The Hairy Monk at 24th Street and 3rd Avenue."

2. Jack, Sean, Bill & Dan write: "Best place to watch the Pats (and Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, BC Eagles) in Manhattan is Pat O'Briens, Upper East Side 1701 2nd Avenue @ E 88th St. … We are all from the Boston area, and they only play Pats games, so you don't have to deal with N.Y. fans rooting against you, even if we aren't playing N.Y. The bartenders, Joanna and Ray, are both from Boston and always remember a repeat customer. One problem is that 'POB' does not serve food, but they do allow you to have food delivered. If you want a bar to watch just the Pats and be around like-minded fans, you can't beat it."

3.RAIRM98 writes: "Professor Thom's is a great Boston sports bar to watch the Patriots, Red Sox and Celtics."

4. Papi S writes: "Lion's Head Tavern; 995 Amsterdam Ave (at 109th Street). You have to deal with annoying Jets fans screaming, but there is always a small crew of Patriots fans that have a little corner. The bacon cheeseburger is good too."

5. Benh999 writes: "In NYC, The Dead Poet (Amsterdam, in the 80s) used to regularly have several Pats fans. There used to be another bar in the area run by someone from Mass., (I think Chelmsford) that was a great place, but it's been gone for several years."

6. ilastoff writes: "The Riviera in NYC is a great place to take in a Boston sporting event. It's down in the West Village."

Best places to watch the Patriots - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

In New York City there's a bar called Professor Thom's, which is a great Boston sports bar to watch the Patriots/Red Sox/Celtics.
In NYC, The Dead Poet (Amsterdam, in the 80s) used to regularly have several Pats fans. There used to be another bar in the area run by someone form MA (I think Chelmsford) that was a great place, but it's been gone for several years.
I prefer to watch at home, but since Time Warner in NYC doesn't always show the Patriots (much different than growing up in MAINE) this is where I went last year. This year, I'll probably try watching online streams.
Lion's Head Tavern
995 Amsterdam Ave. (@ 109th St)
212-866-1030
It's def a dive bar and I don't drink and you have to deal with annoying Jets fans screaming, but there is always a small crew of Patriots fans that have a little corner. The bacon cheeseburger is good, too.
Here are more NYC options courtesy of Joshua G. on Yelp:
http://www.yelp.com /topic/new-york-anyo ne-know-of-any-good- new-england-patriots -bars-to-watch-games -at-on-sundays
The Riviera in NYC is a great place to take in a Boston sporting event - It's down in the West Village - GO PATS
in nyc: the hairy monk. 25th and 3rd ave. way better than riviera's

Thanks for all of the information everyone! My plans slightly changed, but I will be at NYC for the Chargers game. I'm going to try Pat O'Briens since I am staying in the Upper East Side (70th and York Ave)

From jmt57:
2. Jack, Sean, Bill & Dan write: "Best place to watch the Pats (and Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, BC Eagles) in Manhattan is Pat O'Briens, Upper East Side 1701 2nd Avenue @ E 88th St. …

I am so sick of going to the sports bars and dealing with the drunk idiot fans that when the Pats are not on locally I listen to the game on Sirius and get things done around the apartment. Have you ever had the Patriots game on the radio and been playing Madden football using the Patriots against that same opponent at the same time? That would be a total mind blow. I might have to try it sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST