PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tua in concussion protocol

Miami has been falling apart even with Tua, and even though he hasn't been playing well himself, his absence is going to kill their season altogether now or in the first round of the playoffs. The Patriots should beat Miami with Bridgewater. Their explosive offense becomes far less so and their defense is garbage. Still Miami could beat NYJ in week 18 and grab the 7th seed because the Patriots aren't beating the Bills.

The Jets could sneak in with Mike White back at quarterback. Seattle has fallen apart as badly as the Jets and Miami so the Jets could beat them this weekend.

Teddy is a professional and a vet, I'm sure he can figure out how to get a few positive plays from Hill and Waddle. Not enough to light up the scoreboard or anything but it's not like anyone is expecting a shootout (though I wouldn't mind if it is indeed a shootout, any positive sign from Mac for 2023 trumps everything else at this point).

Am I the only one who thinks Bridgewater gives MIA a better chance than does Tua?

If you get more than 2 concussions in a season you should be done for the year. Hoyer is still out from his concussion that happened in October.
Because he sucks and Zip Zap emerged

Geez , i just went over to fin heaven to see how they are handling all this, not pretty.

I didn’t dive too deeply into everything, that would probably take the whole day, but alot of people sounded done with tua even before Sunday

Dolphins need their OL beefed and bulked up. That is the problem, not really with Tua.

Geez , i just went over to fin heaven to see how they are handling all this, not pretty.

I didn’t dive too deeply into everything, that would probably take the whole day, but alot of people sounded done with tua even before Sunday
Yeah, that's great for them, but the problem with their "logic" is Tua still leads the NFL in passer rating, Tua has a great connection with his primary WRs, and Bridgewater is the alternative. Is that what they want? A hopelessly mediocre quarterback instead? Tua has at least shown a high ceiling this season.

It seems like Tua is not good at protecting himself when falling. A lot of his concussion plays are plays that other QBs would not have gotten hurt on

How was Tua supposed to stop being spun on that tackle?

So whatever happened to Mike McDaniel being an amazing wonder boy? He’s not doing any better than Brian Flores at this point in the season, and Flores had a much worse roster and was also being begged to tank by the owner.

So whatever happened to Mike McDaniel being an amazing wonder boy? He’s not doing any better than Brian Flores at this point in the season, and Flores had a much worse roster and was also being begged to tank by the owner.
You're not impressed by their four-straight losses?

Maybe McDaniel listened to his owner lol

How was Tua supposed to stop being spun on that tackle?
Use his arms to break his fall. He clearly saw the guy who was about to tackle him and got rid of the ball quickly.

I think he legit has a coordination/instincts issue with breaking his fall. He just never seems to use his hands to break his fall like other QBs do.

You're not impressed by their four-straight losses?

The last impressive thing the Dolphins did was back in September when they beat the Bills. Before their 4 game losing streak they beat Steelers by 6, Lions by 4, Bears by 3, Browns by 22 (Pats beat them by 23), Texans by 15.

They are 2-5 against teams that have clinched a playoff berth. Those 2 wins came back in September in back to back weeks.

Without the concussions I would gladly trade Mac for Tua and even be willing to throw in Matt Patricia and Joe Judge

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back