PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Troy Polamalu's Hair

Status
Not open for further replies.

njpatsfan

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
If you haven't seen it yet,check out this youtube clip of Larry Johnson hair-tackling Polamalu:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=apCC-qJvtUE

Larry Johnson saved a touchdown.

Good lesson for our dread-boys.

R

troy deserves it. ugly mofo. our dreaded guys..let it be. they cant touch us anyways

njpatsfan said:
If you haven't seen it yet,check out this youtube clip of Larry Johnson hair-tackling Polamalu:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=apCC-qJvtUE

Larry Johnson saved a touchdown.

Good lesson for our dread-boys.

R

Yeah, what a hoot!! Dude's lucky he didn't get a broken neck.

And, yeah, I hope Maroney, et. al., do find a way to minimize their 'do exposure.

I think we need a new "tuck rule" to cover this shoulder-length stuff -- whew!

// :nono:

Maroney already had it grabbed in one of the preseason games.

R

njpatsfan said:
Maroney already had it grabbed in one of the preseason games.

R

Carryin' around that extra mane is just asking for trouble. If a defender has a choice between grabbing hair or letting a guy go house, you know what the d-man is going to do. Tuck it or cut it.

//

Yeah, I don't like our guys with long hair. Just more for the defense to grab on to.

They showed the clip on NFL pregame show today. They then cut to Pitt pregame warm-ups and Troy had his hair clubbed up to his helmet!!

PatsChick87 said:
They showed the clip on NFL pregame show today. They then cut to Pitt pregame warm-ups and Troy had his hair clubbed up to his helmet!!

There you go. Hope it sets a "trend".

PatsChick87 said:

Take Two:

Whoa!! What's this pic on NFL.com showing what looks like Polamalu with a cascade of hair down his back chasing Vick!!!

That's the reason that Ricky Williams and Edge cut theirs off.

workhorse said:
That's the reason that Ricky Williams and Edge cut theirs off.

Smart moves on their parts.

//

It's like Roethlisberger and his motorcycle: Once someone gets seriously hurt being tackled by their hair, things will change. I can just see Maroney breaking away full speed on a run or kickoff return and then being grabbed from behind and coming head-first down to the turf for a major concussion. I believe Laurence is the only running back in the league with dreads, right? It's worrisome.

Didn't the NFL issue a statement that it's legal to grab a player by his hair? I beleive they did it in response to an incident involving Ricky Williams. Why then did Larry Johnson get an "unsportsmanlike" penalty for grabbing Polamalu's by his hair?

I understand why he has the long hair (a Somoan cultural thing) but he's crazy if he doesn't braid it or something on game days. TJ Houzyourmama briads his.

What's next, a post about the thing on Brees' face?:D

Hoodie said:
Didn't the NFL issue a statement that it's legal to grab a player by his hair? I beleive they did it in response to an incident involving Ricky Williams. Why then did Larry Johnson get an "unsportsmanlike" penalty for grabbing Polamalu's by his hair?

Johnson got flagged because he didn't let go of Polamalu's hair AFTER the tackle. He was still holding onto it after Polamalu got back on his feet.

PatsRI said:
What's next, a post about the thing on Brees' face?:D

No a post about TO's overdose. :D

Tunescribe said:
Johnson got flagged because he didn't let go of Polamalu's hair AFTER the tackle. He was still holding onto it after Polamalu got back on his feet.

Look at that video closely again. His hand got twisted in Polamalu's hair. It's not so easy to disentangle your hand from someone's hair like that. Hard to let go.

I can attest to this when my infant daughter tries to let go of my hair. It takes a bit to disentagle it.

upstater1 said:
Look at that video closely again. His hand got twisted in Polamalu's hair. It's not so easy to disentangle your hand from someone's hair like that. Hard to let go.

I can attest to this when my infant daughter tries to let go of my hair. It takes a bit to disentagle it.

While you may be right about getting tangled, it looks like Johnson pulled Polamalu up by his hair after the tackle.

I'm glad he got taken down by his ridiculous locks, however tanlged or not, Larry was dead-wrong in doing that little flip out of bounds, he could have REALY hurt Polamalu's neck and deserved the flag for it.

workhorse said:
While you may be right about getting tangled, it looks like Johnson pulled Polamalu up by his hair after the tackle.

Right, that's what the flag was for. The league's director of officiating explained on the NFL Network that tackling him by the hair was fine, but holding onto it after the tackle was what constituted the infraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News