PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Troubles in Camp Green

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now, PFT is suggesting the possibility that Revis might sit the year out entirely and re-enter the draft in 2008. . . . as one of his relatives did before.

It would be hilarious if the JEST gave up three draft picks, and then got absolutely nothing in return. :D

Zero chance that happens. Revis is a pretty good CB, but lets not pretend he's the type who can win be an elite DB like Bailey or Sanders was back in the day.

Regarding Kendall, the Jets just need to let him go.

Another problem that's arising, according to PFT, is that Kendall intimated that Mangini isn't happy with his own contract situation. I can only imagine that Mangini, trying to console Kendall, was being the "player's coach", saying, hey, I didn't get a raise either.

Not something the older and wiser Belichick would ever do and now it's blowing up in Mangini's face.

So is it worse for everyone to think baselessly that Belichick's contract is up this year, or for them to think with some basis that Mangini is unhappy about not getting an expected boost after making the playoffs.

Another problem that's arising, according to PFT, is that Kendall intimated that Mangini isn't happy with his own contract situation. I can only imagine that Mangini, trying to console Kendall, was being the "player's coach", saying, hey, I didn't get a raise either.

Not something the older and wiser Belichick would ever do and now it's blowing up in Mangini's face.

So is it worse for everyone to think baselessly that Belichick's contract is up this year, or for them to think with some basis that Mangini is unhappy about not getting an expected boost after making the playoffs.

I could be mistaken, but didn't the Jets give Herm an extension after his first year (when they made the playoffs)? I can see why this would give the Michelin Man a reason to try and negotiate, but it wouldn't make sense for him to rock the boat now. Seriously, he had one good year with a soft schedule, lets not pretend the guy is Lombardi.

I could be mistaken, but didn't the Jets give Herm an extension after his first year (when they made the playoffs)? I can see why this would give the Michelin Man a reason to try and negotiate, but it wouldn't make sense for him to rock the boat now. Seriously, he had one good year with a soft schedule, lets not pretend the guy is Lombardi.
Yes, that was in the article I just read. Mangini is entitled to feel any way he wants about that, but he had no business discussing it with a player, unless Kendall simply made it up.

Yes he is an all-pro and a damn good LB too.

Vilma has been a Pro-Bowler, but not an ALL-PRO, sorry. There is a difference. Also, I never said Vilma wasn't a good LB. That still doesn't take away from the fact that his GM isn't going to tell him a damn thing about any potential trade negotiations that may or may not be.

revis hasent came out and publicly said he wont play. samuel has.

Actually Samuel hasn't said he won't play. He said its a possibility. However, his agents have said otherwise and have said he WILL play.

No but Harris is a MLB, Barton isnt. He also fits the 3-4 Defence perfectly physically. Read scouting reports on him, they do mention he'd be better suited fo a 3-4.
If there was a stat for how many times a player was blocked out of the play Id say Barton would be pretty high on that too.

You do know that there is no such thing as a MLB in the 3-4 defense right? They are called INSIDE LBs. And they are a different position than MLB. They have different requirements depending on the type of 3-4 defense you are going to run (1 gap vs. 2 gap).

Please stop calling me ignorant and trying to make this personal, I though we were having a reasonable debate.

There is no such thing as a reasonable debate with an ignorant troll. And no, I won't stop calling you ignorant until you show you aren't ignorant.

Picks 1-16 can be signed to 6 year deals. Picks 17-32 to 5 year deals. All the rest are 4 year deals.

Yup. 1st round picks can be signed to 5 year deals. 2nd round picks up to 4 years. That extra year of controlled price service is valuable to teams. My guess is that the Jets want 5 years and Revis camp wants a 4 year deal.

Pennington may have a noodle arm but he has been effective when healthy.
Thomas is an upgrade for them over the ancient and now retired Curtis Martin.
The AFC however is a tough division. The Jets might improve but that may not translate to the record books.

Jets will probably end up 9-7 and 2nd place in the division.
Miami looks even more horrible.
The Bills... who knows what they are thinking trading away their best RB and losing their best corner to free agency.

One of these days I'll learn to take the Jets serious. Until then we have bigger fish to fry.

This year will be the same as last season and come down to 3 teams. Indy, SD, and the Pats. 1a, 1b and 1c (any of the 3 could have been SB champs last year).

I might even say the Jets could sneak another meaningless regular season victory in against the Pats. but NOT in the playoffs when it counts.

I do love the Jets fan base though....second only to the Bills in rival AFC fan loyalty. Good luck Jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents