PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trent Dilfer on what will happen in the AFC East

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dilfer is such a tool. He is definately a Pats hater.

I'm going to have to disagree on that. He picked the Jets to win the division there, but for the most part from what I've seen from Dilfer, he's been a Pats backer.

seattle has branch back against the jets, and maybe hasslleback? I think they can win against the jets.

Miami is due for a loss soon, they have like a 5-0 or a 4-0 streak right now?

As for the cardinals, I think BB can scheme up a game plan to beat warner just like he did in the superbowl against the rams.

Of the 3 games, Arizona is the most troubling. My hope is we have snow and slop given Arizona's lack of running game and Warner's penchant for putting the ball on the ground.

Despite its terrible record, Oakland can show up for games. It also can look like the NFL equivalent of the Bad News Bears. I'm hoping the team forgets the 2001 playoff loss and plays for the high draft pick.

Buffalo is looking like a team despondent after blowing a 4-0 season start. What looked good in the beginning now looks pretty bad.

Who's the QB for Buffalo these days? Will Edwards return or will we face Loserman Dec 31st? And does it matter? No.

someone should stick Trent Dilfers head down the toilet and flush.

Has an 11 win team ever NOT made the playoffs???????

According to Gasper's excellent playoff scenario breakdown in today's (12/9) Globe, since the playoff field was expanded in 1990, no 11-5 team has failed to qualify for the playoffs.

As I've stated elsewhere, this gives me solace, as if the Pats simply win out, historical trends overwhelmingly favor them making the playoffs. So in a sense, while they don't control their own destiny, they kind of do, as recent NFL history dictates that other events will unfold that allow an 11-5 to get into the playoffs.

oak is more dangerous right now than AZ because

they are at home
have a physical running game and without warren and wilfork it would be hard
we are on the road in the WC for the 2nd successiveweek
they have extra days to prepare

AZ might not have much to play and we might evne see leinhart vs cassel.

Well, that settles it for me. Anybody want to talk about the Sawx?

someone should stick Trent Dilfers head down the toilet and flush.

Amazing. I just looked it up and "Trant Dilfer" means "Flush the Toilet" in ancient urdu.

According to Gasper's excellent playoff scenario breakdown in today's (12/9) Globe, since the playoff field was expanded in 1990, no 11-5 team has failed to qualify for the playoffs.

As I've stated elsewhere, this gives me solace, as if the Pats simply win out, historical trends overwhelmingly favor them making the playoffs. So in a sense, while they don't control their own destiny, they kind of do, as recent NFL history dictates that other events will unfold that allow an 11-5 to get into the playoffs.
well those stats have no meaning. different times , different number of teams,probably even different qualifying rules.
no team went undefeated in the reg season since 1972 until last yr as well

I don't know about that. I saw this interersting tidbit from TMQ's Tuesday Morning Quarterback on ESPN's Page 2. I was wondering why the Jets have started losing. He says:

"As for Brett Favre Brett Favre Brett Favre, he's losing arm strength as the season progresses. In the past two games, his throws have had no zing. The San Francisco secondary was choking up against Jersey/B, daring Favre to throw deep -- and the Jets called 34 passes (attempts plus sacks), which resulted in just 123 yards, a miserable 3.6 yards per pass play. Expect remaining Jersey/B opponents to play the secondary up and dare Favre to throw long. "

Do you think Buffalo can do ANYTHING against the Jets? They have looked so pathetic lately and now they have Lose-man back at QB.

FWIW which is nothing but anyway

jets over bills
pats over raiders
SF over fins

jets over seahawks
AZ over pats
fins over kc

jets over fins
pats over bils

jets win division

surprisingly i saw/read few people picking the pats to win the div like jim mora,terrell davis and even chris russo.

====================================================

I will be at that game, there by guaranteeing a Jets loss.

Jets Vs west cost = loss

well those stats have no meaning. different times , different number of teams,probably even different qualifying rules.
no team went undefeated in the reg season since 1972 until last yr as well

I think it's actually a fair point. The poster is saying that 18 years of experience suggest that the odds are signficant that 11--5 will get you into the Playoffs; that so large an experience (data) base levels out the variables represented by "different times...teams...rules." While it's purely academic and very theoretical, I think that it is a valid way to look at it. For the last 18 years, 12 playoff spots have been at stake at the end of the regular season (216 spots in total) and it has never happened that an 11--5 team missed out on one of them. That's not insignificant. It's clearly not predictive, but it is highly indicative.

Of course that cuts both ways; either one of the other teams (Jets, Dolphins, Colts or Ravens) will end up at 10--6 or the Pats will make the point moot by losing a game themselves.

I don't know about that. I saw this interersting tidbit from TMQ's Tuesday Morning Quarterback on ESPN's Page 2. I was wondering why the Jets have started losing. He says:

"As for Brett Favre Brett Favre Brett Favre, he's losing arm strength as the season progresses. In the past two games, his throws have had no zing. The San Francisco secondary was choking up against Jersey/B, daring Favre to throw deep -- and the Jets called 34 passes (attempts plus sacks), which resulted in just 123 yards, a miserable 3.6 yards per pass play. Expect remaining Jersey/B opponents to play the secondary up and dare Favre to throw long. "

Do you think Buffalo can do ANYTHING against the Jets? They have looked so pathetic lately and now they have Lose-man back at QB.

I got the game here in the city and watched most of the plays. And, yes, that's what I saw. On the sidelines even, I commented to a friend of mine after the game, Favre looked tired and indifferent. I predicted back in September that he would begin his fade in late October/early November, but I clearly underestimated his determination and resilience. But, now, I doubt he has more than one truly good game left in his arm or body at this point. I just hope he saves that game for the Dolphins and loses one or both of the next two.

I got the game here in the city and watched most of the plays. And, yes, that's what I saw. On the sidelines even, I commented to a friend of mine after the game, Favre looked tired and indifferent. I predicted back in September that he would begin his fade in late October/early November, but I clearly underestimated his determination and resilience. But, now, I doubt he has more than one truly good game left in his arm or body at this point. I just hope he saves that game for the Dolphins and loses one or both of the next two.

Its truly not a Christmas season without a lot of tipped balls and interceptions thrown by Brett Favre.

Has an 11 win team ever NOT made the playoffs???????

Never with the current six team playoff system.

We'd be the first 11-5 team not to make the playoffs, in the current system.

====================================================

I will be at that game, there by guaranteeing a Jets loss.

Jets Vs west cost = loss

:) i must say you are one of the better opposing team fans here ...as much as i hope you would jinx your team by being at that game

:) i must say you are one of the better opposing team fans here ...as much as i hope you would jinx your team by being at that game

===================================================

This a great football board and I am just happy to be a part of it.

I learn alot here, and I do not mind if some use me as there whipping post, it's like I am on a temporary Visa and do not want to be deported.

I think it's actually a fair point. The poster is saying that 18 years of experience suggest that the odds are signficant that 11--5 will get you into the Playoffs; that so large an experience (data) base levels out the variables represented by "different times...teams...rules." While it's purely academic and very theoretical, I think that it is a valid way to look at it. For the last 18 years, 12 playoff spots have been at stake at the end of the regular season (216 spots in total) and it has never happened that an 11--5 team missed out on one of them. That's not insignificant. It's clearly not predictive, but it is highly indicative.

Of course that cuts both ways; either one of the other teams (Jets, Dolphins, Colts or Ravens) will end up at 10--6 or the Pats will make the point moot by losing a game themselves.

i think it depends how many 11-5 teams end up in the end. i wouldnt be surprised if either 2 or all 3 of the afc east teams dont end up 11-5 including the pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft