PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Training Camp observations (8/13/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because.....?

Because of various reasons, of course. Plus there's the things and the other aspects of the stuff. Pretty clear case, imo.

Because of various reasons, of course. Plus there's the things and the other aspects of the stuff. Pretty clear case, imo.

Oh.. Oh, Oh.. so the guy in the 7000$ suit should not ask questions like that? Come On!

Reactions: jah
PP2 did a great job describing what he saw, but still long and pine for the work of "Mrs. B"... Karen from Central Falls where are you???

For thursday night, we'll see Jason McCourty start opposite Gilmore- it'll be his audition night. I didn't see anything about him that stood out, so to me, he's still on the bubble.
What about CB Ryan Lewis? He is my binkie

What about CB Ryan Lewis? He is my binkie

He is my binky too, but he hasn't participated in any practices after the first PS game, due to an undisclosed injury. So I wasn't able to see him in action, unfortunately.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him rise as high as CB2, if he sees quality playing time.

Feel like elaborating on why?

Just from watching the first preseason game- fundamentally sound, hard hitter, and I love how aggressive he is in press (something we've had serious problems with, e.g., Butler). He jams pretty well, and does a good job of disrupting routes.

Techniques-wise, he's coming across as polished to me.

Just from watching the first preseason game- fundamentally sound, hard hitter, and I love how aggressive he is in press (something we've had serious problems with, e.g., Butler). He jams pretty well, and does a good job of disrupting routes.

Techniques-wise, he's coming across as polished to me.

Wondering what his edge-contain/run-support is like.

I don't know the details of Guerrero or why he would talk about "biomechanical imbalance". And no one (who isn't crazy) thinks that warm-ups aren't a good idea.

But these days advanced body-work coaches have moved towards "dynamic" warm-ups, rather than static "stretch and hold" exercises. In so doing, they're going back to Eastern/martial arts practices, as I understand it.
Pretty sure Moss never stretched either pregame

He's not afraid to get in there and hit someone, so that's a good sign as far as run support.

Can't remember if there was a run to his side, though. I probably missed it.

Last edited:
Run support is good. Special teams cover guy. Aggressive player. College limitation was coverage technique. Gave up some deep balls.

PP2 did a great job describing what he saw, but still long and pine for the work of "Mrs. B"... Karen from Central Falls where are you???
I am friends with Karen on FB and her first grandchild was just born so she is loving life and enjoying her summers off. Her reports were awesome and are sorely missed. Still real life has a habit of being more important.

Run support is good. Special teams cover guy. Aggressive player. College limitation was coverage technique. Gave up some deep balls.

If his limitation was technique, then what we saw in the first game was a pretty good sign because I didn't really see any weakness in that area. Didn't see him out of place or see him get burned. Granted, I don't know if he was playing the 1's at any point, but...

It was only preseason, but his technique seemed pretty sound in what little I saw of him.

For thursday night, we'll see Jason McCourty start opposite Gilmore- it'll be his audition night. I didn't see anything about him that stood out, so to me, he's still on the bubble.
It's odd how the strengths and weaknesses of teams change over the years. There have been a number of years in the last decade where a CB that didn't do anything that stood out was a guaranteed starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST