PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trags: NFL should end charade, lift Brady suspension before too late

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is really a steel cage match. Only one of them is going to step out alive. Battle to the death.

When this is over, Goodell will have lost all credibility and integrity. There is no way the owners can stand behind him and he will be forced to resign (can you imagine Goodell trying to negotiate the next TV contract). If I'm the NFLPA, I get the current CBA broken and go for the kill. There is blood in the water

I am loving this. This goes beyond what I expected the Patriots to do. However there are still the stupid media types like Silver saying that ' the Patriots are insulting our intelligence ' with their latest claims etc. I don't think we will ever get back public support on our side, and for that I really blame the league entirely! That is what really upsets me, most people now hate Brady with a passion, I just don't get that!!

NFL won't end this. They dominating the news headlines. Why stop what is only good for them?

Roger "I bleed green and white and not just because I have the clap" goddell has a strong base of support from several owners.

This whole situation will have many more twists and turns before it is over.

When careers and this much money might be on the line, things can only deteriorate from here unless cooler heads prevail.

I think the "Goodell is gone" mantra is premature. The Wells Report was the prosecution, the response to it is the opening statement for the defense, so the trial still has a long way to go before it is resolved, and as we have seen before taking victory laps before the final judgment is a bad idea. I love that fact that the Patriots have decided to fight back publicly because they were getting their ass handed to them when they were staying quiet and playing nice. The tide seems to be turning in their favor but we still have to keep in mind that the two major outlets for football news are ESPN and the NFLN, and both are in the pocket of the league office and are renowned for hating on the Patriots. On the bright side however skepticism is rising regarding the Wells Report and IMO the Patriots public fight against the NFL is going to gain a great deal of traction among players and many more are going to start voicing their support for the Patriots. The Patriots may be hated by a good number of players around the league but nowhere near as much as Roger Goodell is and more that players see blood in the water around Goodell they may see it as their opportunity to reign him in and possibly get rid of him. I suspect there will be many more players voicing sentiments like Vilma and urging the Patriots to fight the league office as hard as possible. Like most here in hopeful that the end result will be a housecleaning in the league office, we'll see?

The easiest way for Goodell to get out of this would be to make Kensil his fall guy. Even that I would be okay with, since it would leave Goodell so thoroughly neutered that he wouldn't even think of coming after the Pats on trumped-up nonsense again.

Ultimately even if they don't win I'll just be happy if they fight. The website was a good first step but I'd like to see more.

This should be required reading for all here. Victory may very well not come in the form of draft picks back and Emperor Goody's head exploding. Victories may have to be in a form that is not black and white.
I'm not saying a clear victory is absolutely out of the question, I am saying temper the expectations properly....

The easiest way for Goodell to get out of this would be to make Kensil his fall guy. Even that I would be okay with, since it would leave Goodell so thoroughly neutered that he wouldn't even think of coming after the Pats on trumped-up nonsense again.

Too late for that, they already had Wells exonerate him.

I believe Goodell has already lost the war and it's just a matter of time. Its like WW2, the Japanese lost the moment they bombed Pearl Harbor and Hitler lost the moment he opened the Russian front. In both cases, the bear may have initially been wounded but recovery was only a matter of time. Goodell will be no different.

I believe that an independent inquiry must be made against certain NFL personnel in particular Roger Goodell to improper conduct and integrity during this investigation.
THIS..........

Too late for that, they already had Wells exonerate him.

Agreed...... The end game is Goodell will be be gone. Kraft is starting to show his hand a bit with this "retort". His hand is......... "We will not back down". So it will become a massive-stakes game of chicken. Goodell surely won't blink first...... He doesn't need to though. All Kraft will have to do is to make the other owners blink first. 1 by 1, support for Goodell will erode as the stakes get EVER higher....

My guess is that the owners will take matters into thier own hands to rid themselves of this "problem", particularly as more and more evidence of (at the least) a soft sting occured and was fully supported (if not actively participated in) by Goodell.

I believe Goodell has already lost the war and it's just a matter of time. Its like WW2, the Japanese lost the moment they bombed Pearl Harbor and Hitler lost the moment he opened the Russian front. In both cases, the bear may have initially been wounded but recovery was only a matter of time. Goodell will be no different.
I am coming around on the idea that releasing the rebuttal to the Wells report may be less of an attempt to shift public opinion and more that they are giving the NFL a warning shot. Goodell got himself in a pickle. The organization and Brady will probably win in the end, but he also can't turn back now.

Wouldn't you all like to be a fly on the wall at the NFL meetings in San Francisco next week????

I think that the other owners might be taken back by this injustice, and come to realize that their Commish might not be who he actually appears to be..

Out of curiousity isn't Brady supposed to file his appeal today? I haven't read that he has so far...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe