PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Toucher & Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.
meh.....i tend to agree.......they dont compare to felger and mazz in terms of talent and entertainment
No, you'd have to go anthrax or ebola for that.

For a long time, I was bothered by the fact that I didn't have access to New England sports radio, since I live in Pennsylvania.

After a few years on this board seeing posts like this so often, showing how awful New England sports radio actually is, I've kind of realized I'm lucky I don't have access.
You know, if you want to check for yourself, all these shows are listenable via the internet. :)

I suspect, for the same reasons an utterly gross, horrible, ugly and insulting replacement logo and uniform entirely created by the NFL has remained on our local pro football team the last twenty-four seasons...

...Bandwagoners and newbies jumped on board the Orthwein train in '93, Kraft, as he does with anything the league does, completely endorsed it, and now people falsely associate it with winning since Tom showed up.

53aaa23cf9194f8ae69ee2d1c63a2530_frozen-let-it-go-meme-let-it-go-meme_500-302.jpeg

I suspect, for the same reasons an utterly gross, horrible, ugly and insulting replacement logo and uniform entirely created by the NFL has remained on our local pro football team the last twenty-four seasons...

...Bandwagoners and newbies jumped on board the Orthwein train in '93, Kraft, as he does with anything the league does, completely endorsed it, and now people falsely associate it with winning since Tom showed up.

No grown adult should have this visceral an opinion about a logo.

Tried to watch it a handful of times but its awful. If you're looking for sports talk you have to wait for juvenile type humor for a few segments before anything of any news value or sports opinion appears. I found myself hollering at the TV , f*#cking grow up!" when decided to tune in elsewhere. Wasn't worth the wait.

When they are doing guy radio stuff and bits, I like them. When they are doing sports, they are awful.

I'm in the minority amongst my friends when it comes to radio listening in the morning. All of my friends prefer Touchr & Rich to Callahan & Minnehan.

Look, I obviously see why people don't like Minnehan, but at least they talk sports MOST of the time. Sure, they digress to politics a little but most of their show is talking about sports. The hosts and their callers discuss the intricate details of the matchup. They talk about the situational decisions made by players and coaches.

I agree 100% with the original poster that Toucher & Rich only talk sports 1/3 of the time and that they offer any interesting insight when they do. They certianly have the feel of a pop culture show disguised as a sports talk show. I get the sense they'd much rather discuss quirks about their wives or how dumb the pink hats are instead of discussing controversial bullpen moves.

Obviously they do have a crowd (as my friends think I'm the crazy one) but like the original poster they just aren't for me. I understand Kirk drives people crazy and many find him annoying, but Ican deal with that as long as they are talking sports.

Apologies in advance here for starting another Boston sports media gripe fest: Can someone please explain to me the appeal of these two and how they've managed to last eight years on the air with 98.5? I've tried multiple times to give them a chance and each time is an epic fail -- they talk sports only about a third of the time and exhibit little insight or knowledge. Otherwise it's just random blather about minor nothings. Fred Toucher acts/talks like he's half-asleep and Rich Shertenlieb always is giggling about unfunny things like an over-caffeinated frat boy. No talent, no chemistry. Certainly no news or entertainment value. I just don't get it. Perhaps it's a generational thing I'm missing, but it's the worst radio of any kind I've ever heard (and seen on simulcast TV), sports or otherwise. Also, what's with Toucher wearing Detroit Tigers gear all the time?
They're 2 over aged stoners...remind me of Beavis & Butthead

They don't deserve to be televised or radio-ized! They truly suck

Are they worse than Felger and Mazz?

I would vote 'no', I really have a pet peeve against the trolling, contrarian style of sports reporting. Trying to get an audience just by pissing people off seems to be taking the easy way out.

I think my tolerance for it just hit its limit after being subjected to too many years of McDonough/Borges/CHB/Felger/Tomase/etc/etc/etc

I would vote 'no', I really have a pet peeve against the trolling, contrarian style of sports reporting. Trying to get an audience just by pissing people off seems to be taking the easy way out.

I think my tolerance for it just hit its limit after being subjected to too many years of McDonough/Borges/CHB/Felger/Tomase/etc/etc/etc
Honestly Mazz has gotten worse than Felger. Maybe it's because he's such a doofus.

The Pats astonishing SB victory shut those 2 up for a while and I relished listening to them being forced to praise Brady, Belichick and our New England Patriots. :D

Sometimes I think that if John Belushi had a sports radio show it would sound like T&R.
But Belushi was funny and creatively inspired. Toucher and Rich operate in an alternate universe where people mysteriously get paid well for being vapid untalented dopes.

But Belushi was funny and creatively inspired. Toucher and Rich operate in an alternate universe where people mysteriously get paid well for being vapid untalented dopes.

I agree. I was trying to convey how I felt when I had listened to the show but failed. The Beavis and Butthead post hit the nail on the head.

Apologies in advance here for starting another Boston sports media gripe fest: Can someone please explain to me the appeal of these two and how they've managed to last eight years on the air with 98.5? I've tried multiple times to give them a chance and each time is an epic fail -- they talk sports only about a third of the time and exhibit little insight or knowledge. Otherwise it's just random blather about minor nothings. Fred Toucher acts/talks like he's half-asleep and Rich Shertenlieb always is giggling about unfunny things like an over-caffeinated frat boy. No talent, no chemistry. Certainly no news or entertainment value. I just don't get it. Perhaps it's a generational thing I'm missing, but it's the worst radio of any kind I've ever heard (and seen on simulcast TV), sports or otherwise. Also, what's with Toucher wearing Detroit Tigers gear all the time?

I totally agree with you.. I haven't listened to them that much but the times that I have I was completely bored or put off by what they were spewing. I have no idea the appeal they have. I remember an old co-worker not really a sports fan, fair weather fan type and he seemed to enjoy there radio show.

I don't like EEI's morning show either. I don't know why they are on sports radio both of those programs belong somewhere else.

Not a fan but I don't hate the show. Better than K&C which is utter trash and hosted by two despicable human beings.

Kurt minnehan was funny for a few weeks.. but I honestly think the guy has issues. I think he is a little crazy. For instance he was talking about going to his therapist and he cried like a baby... he said it in a casual fast talking way. Just a bit strange. He also has said many things that I find questionable. He does make me laugh sometimes.

Did you catch his last show on CSN? It was actually pretty funny but also confirmed the fact that he doesn't give 2 ****s about sports. Talking about sports is beneath him. I listen to sports talk radio as a distraction or sometimes information about the local teams or entertainment.. I don't need politics and w/e else is on the table for the morning.

I gather "Toucher" is "Too Sher" not pronounced like "One who touches."

Because I was about to say, one good thing about "Toucher and Rich" is the opposite of the end of a night at a strip club, so there's that.

They are better than the alternative. Racist bigoted morons on eei. False equivalency all morning long, those arsholes ruined my sports morning for too many years.

They are, but in a different way. Felger and Mazz are intentionally inciting rage among the fanbase as a way to drum up ratings, which is agitating, but at least they talk sports for 99% of their show. It's the same reason I like Dale and Holley. I don't mind being angry about an opinion I disagree with, as long as that opinion is about sports (when I'm trying to listen to sports talk that is).

I don't listen to the midday shows because I can't really listen at work, but both morning shows are seemingly something else first and sports as an after thought. I can't even remember the last time I turned on Kirk and Callahan and actually heard a sports take. It's always politics or (more often and more frustratingly) them talking about the host of another show and how stupid they are. It's maddening.

That said, IMO, Toucher and Rich are the lesser of the two morning evils. At least I get their "Last Night" recap during my morning drive.
I don't listen to the morning shows. The word I would use to describe both is, "inane".

TnR have real deep musical knowledge which I like, butbothwrwise are hit and miss...KnC are unlistenable to me...love DnHnK...listen to FnM because I'm fascinated with trolling...I'd say Holley is my current preferred radio guy...so much more news and knowledge here though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back