PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Top 10 Touchdowns in Patriot History

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about the TD catch that saved the franchise....I believe it was Drew to Timpson

Some from the current Brady era:

- Brady TD run against Raiders in the snow. (So the comeback began)

- Blocked FG in AFCCG, Brown recovers laterals to Antwain Harris for a TD against the Steelers. Amazing!

- Brady to Patten in SB36. We went up either 14-3 or 17-3 and I am sure that everyone who predicted a blow out were shocked.

- Brady to Vrabel TD in SB38 to regain the lead with minutes left!

- Brady QB sneak to ice game against Colts. Well it was already iced...one of the best drives in Patriots history. Dillon was robbed of his first playoff TD though.

- Brady to Branch against Steelers.

- Rodney Harrison INT return against the Steelers.

- Brady to Caldwell against the Chargers & Faulk's 2 point conversion. A TIE GAME?! WTF.

- Moss TD against the Jets...great.

-

Last edited:
1991 - Hugh Millen to Greg McMurtry.......OH NEVER MIND......It'll just make me cry..............That was a bad year.

Bruschi's interception for a TD against Miami in 2003, in the snow game. Seeing the snow fountains after the TD was one of the greatest scenes on Patriot history. It gave me chills and I live in Southern CA.

1993 vs Dolphins- Bledsoe to Timpson 36 yards knocks miami out of playoffs

It's funny, I've forgotten many of the big TDs from superbowl seasons but I can still see that one fairly clearly in my head.

1993 - Bledsoe's pass to Timpson is what led me to become a Pats fan
2001 - Law in SB36
2003 - Brady to Givens in Denver
2004 - Brady to Branch, Rodney's pick 6 in Pittsburgh (I was there!)
2007 - Adalius against SD

I haven't been a football fan for as long as some of you so I only remember recent ones, but the ones that stick out in my mind are:

- Rodney's INT of Chokelicksburger against the Stealers
- Vinatieri to Brown against the Rams
- Troy Brown's punt return against the Stealers in 2001
- Ty Law's INT return against the Titans in a regular season game a few years back, I can still remember the TV call "See....you....LATER!"
- Brady to Givens in the Monday nighter in Denver after the intentional Safety.
- That Brady to Moss bomb from last week.

Jim Colclough 10 yard TD catch from Butch Songin in 1960 Patriots against the Denver Broncos. Very first TD in Patriots history.
Irving Fryar 25 yard Td reception from Tony Eason against the Rams in 1986 with no time remaining was one great moment.

Last edited:
i loved a lot expecially Tom Brady td against the Raiders in the snow (last game @ Foxboro Stadium) in that incredible and awesome game in that incredible and beautiful season

Last edited:
2004 - Bethel Johnson's kickoff return for a TD at the end of the first half at Indy - helped the Pats regain momentum in their eventual win which gave them homefield in the AFC playoffs - can still see Johnson barely out running the Colts as time expired - if he was tackled in the last 50 yards the return would have been meaningless. Run, Bethel! Ruuuuun!

1971- Jim Plunkett to Roland Moss - first TD pass at our newly built stadium and first TD pass for our then savior Plunkett - put the Pats ahead of the Raiders in a huge opening day upset. We thought the dark days were over . . . they were just beginning.

10- Fumble recovered in the end zone against the Raiders in 85

9- Otis Smith returning a fumble against the Jags...

8 Curtis Martin running a 78 yrd td against the Steelers in the playoffs

7- Brady to Branch in the AFC title game in Pitt

6 Ben Watson td against the Jags in the wild card game

5 Bledsoe to Coates 84 yrd td against Miami in 1996

4 Ty Law SB 36

3 Grogan to Morgan in 86 to clinch the AFC East at the Orange Bowl..

2 Brady scoring in the snow against the Raiders

1 Brady to Patten in SB 36 the sign of things to come..

awesome stuff!!!!
Brady in the snow!!!! HOW did I leave that off?!?!

and the blocked kick return in the AFCCG at Piitsburgh. Boys, this is good stuff. Who would have thought 30 years ago the Patriots would have such a rich history??

How about the Grogan run at Schaefer against the Saints in 1976 to clinch our first playoff berth?

Or Eason to Fryer against Cincinnati to clinch the playoffs in 1985?

Great memories. Especially like the Bob Windsor one way back. It was bittersweet as he busted his leg on the play and was out for the rest of the year. Pats were something like 6-1 after that game, only to finish 7-7.

HONORABLE MENTION

because it didnt count, but were you EVER more excited by a touchdown than when Tebucky Jones was running back that fumble to give the Patriots a clinching 24-3 lead in Super Bowl 36???????

In no particular order. Feel free to add and discuss!!!

1. 1974 - TD pass to Bob Windsor to beat the Vikings
2. 1976 - Grogan to Stingley bomb to win in Pittsburgh
3. 1985 - Grogan bootleg to beat the Jets
4. 1985 - Mosi Taptupi ices AFC Championship!!
5. 1986 - Eason to Fryer Hail Mary at the Rams
6. 1986 - Grogan to Morgan in Mimai to win AFC East
7. 1996 - Otis Smith runback of fumble ices AFC Championship!!
8. 1998 - lumped together: Bledsoes TD passes in consecutive weeks at
end to beat Miami and Buffalo
9. 2001- Ty Law in SB 36
10. 2003 - Brady's bomb to Troy Brown in OT in Miami, just days after the Grady Little disaster, New Englanders hearts were revived!!!

One of my personal favorites was the Monday night game on Nov. 3, 2003 when Brady connected with David Givens on an 18 yard strike with 30 seconds left to quiet the Mile High faithful. I personally felt that and the win in Indy were really huge motivators for this team to win it all that year!! Not to mention that I really dislike the Broncos!!

9. 2001- Ty Law in SB 36
10. 2003 - Brady's bomb to Troy Brown in OT in Miami, just days after the Grady Little disaster, New Englanders hearts were revived!!!

How can the best 10 TDs in the history of a team that won 3 SBs only include from the SB years, and 1 from the post-season?

HONORABLE MENTION

because it didnt count, but were you EVER more excited by a touchdown than when Tebucky Jones was running back that fumble to give the Patriots a clinching 24-3 lead in Super Bowl 36???????

I was going to add that, but you said it perfectly.

The Blocked kick return vs the Steelers, the Brady run in the Snow Bowl, the Patten TD in the SB belong on the list from that year.

9. 2001- Ty Law in SB 36

#5 is probably one of my favourites as it won the first Pats game I ever saw (albeit as highlights rather than live). That phrase, "Hail mary!" really amused me, given I was new to the sport and American sports phrases. I seem to remember that Stanley Morgan tipped it.

How about Robert Weathers TD with 3-4 min remaining in the game against Cinci to put the Pats ahead and clinched their wild card position in 85...Laast game of the year..and teh TD vaulted the Pats into the playoffs..and the SB..after the game, the fans ripped down the goal posts..and a few were in the hospital as they took their carrying on down Rt 1..and got zapped.
(Only Pats game I ever attended in Foxboro...)
I bet there are some TDs from 75...76...as well as 63...

Bruschi's interception for a TD against Miami in 2003, in the snow game. Seeing the snow fountains after the TD was one of the greatest scenes on Patriot history. It gave me chills and I live in Southern CA.

This one has got to be one of the all-time greats just because of all the drama and fan reaction. I also remember the one that Patten (I think) caught in Chicago at the end of the game for the win (maybe 2002).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back