Welcome to PatsFans.com

Top 10 Rumblings from PFW

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by NE_PATS_FAN_54, Feb 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NE_PATS_FAN_54

NE_PATS_FAN_54 Rookie

Ratings:
    +54 / 3 / -1

#70 Jersey

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The Way We Hear It/WWHI/2008/wwhi2301.htm
  2. PonyExpress

PonyExpress Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

Re: Top 10 Rumblings from PFT

Wow. fascinating. Right now I'd have to say if Ghlston and C. Long are both on the board at #7 and the Pats trade out of the slot, I'll spontaneously combust. I've said all along I believe Miami will take M. Ryan. Of course, I have no inside info on that, so this is interesting. But if Ryan is good enough to go in the top 10, he is good enough to go #1 because of the position he plays.

BTW, if the Jets take Jonathan Stewart at #6, I'll throw a keg party. Stewart is good but that's an awful lot of money to pay Turner the Burner.
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2008
  3. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +227 / 17 / -2

Jake Long, Ryan and Dorsey seem to stay constantly in the top three. Another OT should be gone also (Otah or Clady).

THAT LEAVES US A CHOICE OF TWO THE FOLLOWING
    McFadden
    Ellis
    Chris Long
    Gholston

I don't want to choose between Ellis and McFadden.
  4. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +305 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

You should change the Subject, Pro Football Weekly will get a lot more reads than PFT :)
  5. NE_PATS_FAN_54

NE_PATS_FAN_54 Rookie

Ratings:
    +54 / 3 / -1

#70 Jersey

lol, my bad on the title
  6. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +305 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

The crazy thing is the stuff about the RB, especially Felix Jones possibly going ahead of McFadden. I don't think he will drop like that (and if the Patriots didn't have Maroney I'd probably want us to take a shot with him) but with him not being a true workhorse RB and with such a deep RB group, both at the top and depth, I could see it happening. I still wouldn't be surprised if we upgrade RT right now.
  7. sebman2112

sebman2112 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If McFadden falls that far I'll be surprised. I honestly think he's over hyped, but he's still a very talented player, and you'd think at least one of those teams would be willing to take a chance on him.

I'll say that everyone talked about how good his numbers were at the combine, but the combine also gave teams a chance to see him in the flesh. You also have to fill out a psychological exam (I think it was 130 questions), and the team reps on hand get a pretty good feel for you in face-to-face meetings.

Maybe the combination of getting to see his chicken legs (and WR build) in person, his off the field issues, and Felix Jones outstanding YPC & success in the same system is starting to effect the opinions of those who matter (NFL front offices and coaches)?

I'd be very happy if NE had their choice of the top prospects for their system, but I wouldn't take that article/rumor piece as anything concrete or meaningful.

ProFootballWeekly posted some rumors about NE and members of the team during the past few seasons that were completely false, and I don't even visit that site anymore.
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.