PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tony Massarotti rips Patriots and Pats fans [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoLewisrocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Apparently the reason John couldn't do his mea culpa today was because it was his editor's turn to take a shot at saying oops, my bad, let's all be friends again and btw John Tomase is a gem of a reporter...

But that is not the the best part. The Herald's diminutive baseball scribe has had a career threatening meltdown, deciding to step up to the plate to defend his employers lack of integrity by not only tearing down Belichick's yet again - but by insulting any number of his media peers not to mention an entire fan base...

I'm sorry but the dysfunctional family known as the Herald Sports Department is in desperate need of a journalistic intervention as the jump line forms on the career path cliff directly behind Tomase. I have a feeling Maz won't be appearing on the Big Show any more either.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1094171

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: New Herald Policy: We'll say we're sorry but we're really defiant!

Wow.... that's just stupidity in the face of recent events.

The stupidity, whining and rationalizing... it's just shocking.

I will never read that piece of crap paper again.

and this was in the Herald?

Some 'apology' that was

Wow.... that's just stupidity in the face of recent events.

Tony's been increasingly melt down prone ever since Theo fired his guy Grady for incompetence. He's had relative vendetta with bloggers including Schilling for a couple of years now. Talk about insecure...

It's almost tragic - he used to be one of the best baseball beat guys in any city. When he was elevated to columnist status and had to start competing for air time as they all do, the competition seemed to wear him down. Very conflicted and increasingly resentful psyche even on his natural turf. I'm sure some of what he's taking out on this franchise and fan base today is subconsciously rooted in his own pre existing angst as a Sox columnist who feels he was shut out over his criticism and marginalized by all the bloggers infringing on his turf at a time when print jobs are disappearing. It's awkward to cover a team who wins after you turned on them. And it's probably unnerving to be primarily a print guy in a market where those jobs are drying up. Not to mention EEI seems to be shifting to former players as opposed to mediot co hosts. Lou Merloni was recently added to their baseball stable and he's a breath of fresh air - even when discussing football or hoops. He's articulate and he has a players perspective and insight.

Re: Tony Massarotti rips Patriots and Pats fans

Wow, what a jackass.

Massarotti is clearly implying that Walsh being at the walkthrough is every bit the same as taping.

How is a tapeless Walsh any different from every NFL game played in which you can simply watch the sidelines in compliance with the rules?
Walsh without a tape at walkthrough IS the story, Massarotti, whether you like it or not.
To make it out into something it isn't is just more defiance for the hideous decision by that rag to run a story based on heresay surrounding a known liar. Massarotti, you're the hypocrite. YOU and that rag are the hypocrites.
Only you can't see that through your own self righteousness.

ummmm.....wow.

The only thing I can think of to begin to comprehend that article is that he wrote it in a fit of rage after reading the comments section in his buddy Tomase's articles. Either that or the Herald is determined to make sure nobody reads their paper.

Last edited:

Coming from a guy that sounds more FEM than my sister, this sounds like a pathetic little *** fit.

The Big Show had better be done with lady MAZZ after this one.

Wow, that guy should probably see a professional. BTW, if I needed any more reason to never pick up that rag of a paper again, this was it.

Hahahaha, wow, the Herald is pretty much screwed.

Sticks and stones you poor little writer. Your newspaper buried themselves and admitted it. It is no wonder why you work for a second rate newspaper.

he's basically gone down the sewer...Does he even really care what his rag of a paper did?? He has been known to do his columns from teh quiet wifi of a local Panera.. I DO hope if he's still doing that and NOT hiding in Tomase's basement that all Patriot fans give him their best wishes..

The Herald's pathetic. Why do they have baseball guys writing about football? It's non-sensical (not that the Globe doesn't do that either). The newspaper industry is dying, being consumed by the internet where you can get news as it happens. The Boston sports media is trying their hardest to preserve it but in doing so are simply hastening their own demise. I know I won't be buying a Herald again.

This is a direct shot across Mike Reiss' bow.

Basically what "Tony the ****bag" is saying is a sell out is anyone who covers this team who doesn't make the salacious details of spygate and the walkthrough the centerpiece of their coverage.

If they cover details about players, strategy in games, injuries and roster moves, you know, football, they're a sell out.

If their work isn't loaded with histrionics, they're a sell out.

This is the new media where yelling louder than the next guy makes you a star. Where CARELESSLY PUBLISHING LIES the night before a Super Bowl makes you a martyr.

Oh no Squeaky doesn't like us. Be still my heart!! Be still!! ha ha ha ha ha
It gives me great pride to know my taste in media rises far above a tabloid like the Boston Herald.
It's a tabloid rag I haven't purchased in years.
This college educated fan is far too intelligent to waste time and money on the Boston Herald.
You were saying something Squeak???

I wonder when he will be on the Big Show next? That would be must-listen radio.

Have to take your word for it, won't click on a link for that rag!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft