PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tony Massarotti rips Patriots and Pats fans [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tony Massarotti rips Patriots and Pats fans

Massarotti is trying to captialize on the Herald's overwhelming negative publicity with an other bombastic peice of garbage. I've really lost respect for him - not because he criticizes the Pats, but that he feels it necessary to denegrate the organization and its fans. Not all fans are middle aged men in Bruschi jerseys. It's interesting to hear a Red Sox suck up, who wouldn't criticize Grady Little, spew such venom about the Patriots. Fans don't give a crap if he doesn't get the warm and fuzzies from Belichick. Apparently in order to gain readership the Herald has undertaken the Ron Borges philosophy of journalism. Piss people off and they will read your articles.

Last edited by a moderator:

just another media member bashing the patriots, what else is new? i have seen and heard so many negative things about the pats since september it does not even faze me anymore.

The Herald is somewhat sorry, but all us fans can go screw ourselves anyways. :rolleyes: What a joke!

I don't own a Bruschi jersey, but what's wrong with middle aged guys who wear them on Sundays? Its an effing shirt.

I'll tell you what's wrong with them - they don't feel the least bit sorry that Tony Massarotti doesn't get Christmas cards from Bill Belichick.

But Tony cares about that very much. Hence, his 'work' today.

He's a Red Sox yahoo who dislikes the fact that the Pats now rule the town. Anything he says about any sport besides boreball ummm baseball holds no weight.

That read like someone who knows his newspaper is about to declare bankruptcy and he is trying out for SI For Kids.com.

Feel sorry for him more than anything else. Don't forget, we keep our jobs, while his is going under. He is hitting out in jealousy at us for whom sports is merely a hobby.

Try to discern which members of the media show up to work wearing Patriots Super Bowl jackets, and which of your pathetic, repressed middle-aged neighbors wear their Tedy Bruschi jerseys on Sundays

Are you ****ing kidding me?

He just referred to middle aged fans who god forbid wear their favorite player's jersey on Sundays as repressed and pathetic?

Why is this man employed? The hit is out on this guy now as welll.

Rips isn't a strong enough word. He absolutely pummels all of us and only defends the Herald story. I'm stunned. I can't even begin to put into words how sever this hatchet job was.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1094171

Sorry duplicate topic. Delete.

I truly believe all New England fans should call for firing BOTH Tomasse AND Massarotti!

The fact that the Herald has employed two people to pose as journalists for this long is a shame.

"Sorry, Pats"...."NO WE'RE NOT!" is basically what Massarotti wrote.

How on earth could the Herald editing department let yet another blunder pass their desk and end up in print? What the hell is going on over there?

I find that absolutely unacceptable and demand that both he and Tomasse be fired.

Tony, if you're lurking out there...GFY!!

Last edited:
Hurry... hurry... the other lemmings will get ahead of you!

I'll put it this way: it's a perspective. It's not my perspective. Since it dwelled on opinion, it was not explicitly inaccurate (unless you count that a guy taking notes at a walkthrough is not against a rule, unless they put out a memo ex post facto saying "by the way when you're doing your equipment check you have to be blindfolded.")

But he's only NOT saying the obvious... rather than saying something inaccurate. At least he's just a jackass IMPLYING a rules breach than a blatant liar.

PFnV

Last edited by a moderator:
A big FU to Maserotti...

You stupid SOB...you do not insuly your customers like this after your rag of a paper stooped to the lowest form of journalsim.

CONTINUE to boycott the HERALD who could care less about its subscribers.

A big FU to Maserotti...

You stupid SOB...you do not insuly your customers like this after your rag of a paper stooped to the lowest form of journalsim.

CONTINUE to boycott the HERALD who could care less about its subscribers.

Is anyone else wondering when Massarotti is scheduled to be on WEEI next? Think he'll get many hate calls?:D

Are you ****ing kidding me?

He just referred to middle aged fans who god forbid wear their favorite player's jersey on Sundays as repressed and pathetic?

Why is this man employed? The hit is out on this guy now as welll.

Exactly. Those of us who have REAL careers do that on Sundays as a fun hobby wrapped around barbecue and beer.

Compare that to him - - his entire career is writing about grown men playing a game.

Sorry, Tony, I have to look at my other computer screens right now - - the ones where I manage my client's portfolios. Go back to interviewing guys in towels.

Last edited:
Wow, I just got done reading that wonderful piece by the squeaky-voiced I-Tie.

That's a good way to get people to read your paper, you moron. Insult the fans. I own a Bruschi jersey...and I wear it on football Sundays as I have been doing since the late 90's. I'm not repressed or immature. I'm a fan for god's sake.

So, according to Squeaky, we should all wear a shirt and tie and drink martinis when we watch the Pats? :rolleyes:

Did the Pats do something wrong and get punished for it? Well, in the eyes of the NFL they did. I've moved past it. But according to Tone, I should hate the Pats for ever and ever. Why?

Oh, and speaking of Belechick apologists, maybe that balding jagg-off should look at those fat loads that are on the radio with him afternoons. I expect a column like this from a Borges or Shaughnessy. I'll never read anything the Tony Pansy-otti has to write again.

EDIT: Why do Boston sport writers hate the fans? Seriously, I want to know.

Last edited:
Here's the full article so the BH site doesn't get more hits:

Nobody wins this one
By Tony Massarotti
Thursday, May 15, 2008 -
WASHINGTON - So let’s get this straight: Patriots employee Matt Walsh claimed to have passed on information about the St. Louis Rams walkthrough, but he did not videotape them. And after doing his best to sweep this matter under the rug, the esteemed commissioner of the NFL decided to drop in this little nugget like a throwaway line on a postcard.

Weather’s beautiful. Wish you were here.

“He does have some important things to say about walkthroughs,” Republican senator Arlen Specter said of Walsh yesterday at The Capitol, where the two met on Tuesday. “For example, he was there and he was questioned by a coach (Brian Daboll, now with New York Jets about what happened in the walkthrough.

“The coach questioned Walsh about it and made some diagrams about it. It wasn’t a casual thing. It was a matter of some importance.”

Not here. Not in New England, now the official home of yahoos, hero worshipers and gutless suck-ups. To this entire group, it was all about whether there was a tape; anything else doesn’t matter so much.

In the interest of disclosure, let’s again make something clear here: The Herald screwed up, and we screwed up big time. We told you there was a tape of the Rams walkthrough before Super Bowl XXXVI, and there is no tape. We deserve every bit of criticism we get for that one.

All together now: It is what it is.

Now let’s get to the stories behind the story, the stuff nobody wants to talk about for fear of being exposed. The media is a sordid business. Professional and personal relationships frequently collide. Patriots coach Bill Belichick gives Christmas gifts and holiday cards to some members of the media, cyanide-tipped glares to others. You’re either a Belichicklet or you are not, and there is no base-level membership.

If you’re going to buy in, you have to sell out.

Thanks but no thanks.

As you are a member of the public, we strongly urge you to review all media stories (particularly this continuously developing one) with a cynical and skeptical eye. Try to discern which members of the media show up to work wearing Patriots Super Bowl jackets, and which of your pathetic, repressed middle-aged neighbors wear their Tedy Bruschi [stats] jerseys on Sundays.

Meanwhile, take time to wonder if those same neighbors are blogging and posting on message boards while spending hours on hold so they might hear their voices on the radio.

Listen, mom!

Just like karaoke!

These are the people who preserve the sports fantasy world that justifies their own sorry existence.

As for the Pats - and we’re not talking about the players here - do not let them fool you. For an organization so accomplished - and that it is - it never can seem to get enough love. Publicly, the Pats will make it seem as if they regard media coverage as a distraction and obstacle to their on-field success. Privately, the Pats will be upset when they feel the Red Sox [team stats] are getting too much coverage, regardless of which team has won more titles in the past four years.

Nice strategy there.

Talk about being insecure.

Somewhere along the line during this Golden Era of Boston sports, maybe we all went soft. In the past year or so, the Pats have been fined and stripped of a first-round draft pick, had two players arrested for drug possession and another suspended for the use of human growth hormone. Then the Pats went out and lost one of the biggest games in the history of professional sports against a team they were favored to beat by two touchdowns.

How dare anyone criticize them?

As for Goodell, his parting revelations through a league attorney that Walsh claimed to have passed on information about the walkthrough to a Patriots [team stats] coach seems like a clear attempt to diffuse the issue before it came out in Walsh’s meeting with Specter.

After saying that he wouldn’t know “where else to turn” to continue the investigation, Goodell had the attorney return to the room where he had addressed the media and deliver the following message: Oops, almost forgot to tell you. Walsh didn’t tape the walkthrough, but he says he was there and said he did give information to a Patriots coach. We don’t think it’s terribly important, but we’re in the business of being honest with you guys.

Whether or not you think it was the Rams’ fault for not kicking Walsh off of the field during their walkthrough, if a reporter buried a lead like that, he wouldn’t be a reporter.

Come to think of it, he’d probably be commissioner of the NFL.

Which brings us back to Specter’s concerns about the presence of a Patriots attorney at Goodell’s meeting with Walsh.

In the floor statement that Specter entered into the Congressional record, he said: “Walsh said that Dan Goldberg, an attorney for the Patriots, was present at his interview and asked questions. With some experience in investigations, I have never heard of a situation where the subject of an investigation or his/her/its representative was permitted to be present during the investigation. I (sic) strains credulity that any objective investigator would countenance such a practice. During a hearing or trial, parties will be present with the right of cross-examination and confrontation but certainly not in the investigative stage.”

One can only wonder whether anyone thought about bringing in Frank Pantangeli’s brother from Sicily, too.

In the end, nobody here is going to get what they want. Not the Patriots, not the Herald, not the NFL and not the fans. Stories like this have so many layers it’s as if the skin grows back. You can choose to believe either the Patriots or their critics, but make one promise to yourself if you choose the former.

Wash your official NFL-licensed Patriots underwear.

After a while, most everything gets dirty.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...1&format=&page=2&listingType=pats#articleFull

[email protected]

EDIT: Why do Boston sport writers hate the fans? Seriously, I want to know.

Working class envy.

In Boston, most of the fans have advanced degrees and live in neighborhoods where a sportswriter could never afford to live.

Working class envy.

In Boston, most of the fans have advanced degrees and live in neighborhoods where a sportswriter could never afford to live.

Errrr that ain't the kind of envy that little man has......

When I heard him attack Dale Arnold from WEEI (not man to man of course) I knew he had an agenda.

Just when I was thinking of giving the Herald another chance - he insults my hobby??

See ya Herald, I will remain a non reader and will go out of my way to not support your advertisers.

I wonder what his hobby happens to be - I am sure we could poke fun at that as well.

Working class envy.

It's weird though, don't you think? I'm not saying that they should print "Rah-Rah" articles every day but insulting the fans straight up? It makes no sense.

SCUMBAG!! That's all I have to say about Massarotti.
BOB KRAFT for the love of God do not let this piece of **** newspaper and it's writers anywhere near your team again. EVER!!

Hey Massarotti where do you get off calling us fans out. You know, the ones who's money you need so that you can have a job. **** YOU and your bull**** newspaper. The Patriots are the liars eh? BUT NOT THE SENILE SENATOR AND THAT THEIF WHO STOLE PROPERTY AND IS A WELL KNOWN LIAR.

GO TO HELL YOU PIECE OF TRASH!!:mad:

Mazzorotii, who how every you spell it... I dont know why he is writing football stories, he is a baseball writer.. The Herald apolgize one day , now they will go back to bashing them...

Working class envy.

Did you hear Callahan make a complete fool of himself this morning? He says he's loyal to the Herald and would be to WEEI because he pulls a paycheck from them. But he can't figure out why fans are so loyal to the Patriots because they have nothing invested.
Uh media elite Gerry, we're FANS and FANS invest time and emotion into our hobbies be it football, baseball, golf, cars, horses, poker etc.
What's so fascinating is how these media elites like Sqeaky Mazz and Callahan are so incapable of connecting the dots between the fanatical New England fanbase they so easily brush aside and their heafty $$paychecks$$ at the Herald and WEEI.
That's because they're elitist snobs who think they're above it all including us. Talk about hilarious!!!
I love sports as much as anyone and am a huge fan but I can't think of anything more irrelevant and personally unfulfilling as a lifelong career watching grown men play games and writing about it.
Not exactly a weighty "mission" in life. Be a fun hobby but I'd be so bored with the frivolity of it all after awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes