PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Felger wants us all to be hysterical over Moss and "Character Issues"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won’t root for Moss even if he sets a new NFL record while wearing a Pats uniform.
I've never been much of a Moss fan, myself, though I do like him giving TD balls to the kids in hte stands at Minnesota. I have to be honest and say that if in the last seconds of the Chargers game in week two, or the COlts game, and we are down 4 with 5 seconds to player, and Moss pulls a pass out of the air, jukes his man, and races for a TD with no time left, I will be screaming my head off.

I won’t root for Moss even if he sets a new NFL record while wearing a Pats uniform. Give me a Troy Brown type any day of the weak over Randy Moss.
I love Troy Brown. But that doesn't mean he is a better player than Chad Johnson. They are different players and differetn people.

I like Troy the person more than Troy the player. I'm glad we have him on our team, and hope we sign him again. But if we had six Troy Browns as our WRs, rather than Moss, Stallworth, Welker, Washington, and two of Jackson/Caldwell/Gaffney, we would be an inferior team.

Some people change. Not David Terrell or Jonathan Sullivan, but Terry Glenn isn't the old Terry Glenn, and the Dolphin Irving Friar wasn't the Patriots Friar.

The question now is: will Moss be the same receiver he was for the VIkes but a better person? The Felgers of the world will do their best to make it hard for Moss to change. My thought is that I would have been happy with the WRs we had, but now that we have Moss, let's give him the best chance in the world to succeed as a WR and a person. Unfortunately, that probably means duct-taping Felger's mouth shut and his fingers together for the next five-six months. He smells controversy, easy ratings by stirring things up. If he can get Moss to react, he will have a media orgasm, and he will do anything he can to annoy Moss. In the meantime, he will paint Moss as the worst possible type so he can say I Told You So.

Last edited:
I never had any qualms with Moss, and I think a lot of his "slacker" rep was overblown. He made a mistake by admitting he takes plays off at times, but I think his major issue is immaturity. I feel that surrounded by the guys he'll be around now, here, there will be no issues at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back