PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tony Dungy is stepping down!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They showed that clip on sportscenter yesterday, of Dungy right after the Superbowl. He said something to the effect of "With Lovie Smith and I making the Superbowl, its not just about us being the first African Americans to win, it's about us being two Christian coaches, proving you can win doing it the Lord's way". I mean how self absorbed are you? And what way was Belichick doing it, Satan's way? He seems to always have a very high opinion of himself and the media just eats it right up.

Do you people not know any Christians?

Do you people not know any Christians?

Dude, I'm a Christian, but I dont go around judging people and putting myself higher than others just because of my faith. Not all Christians are like the holier than thou crowd.

Dude, I'm a Christian, but I dont go around judging people and putting myself higher than others just because of my faith. Not all Christians are like the holier than thou crowd.

Oh, please. If that's what you think was being done, you don't even understand what it means to be a Christian. I don't even agree with what Dungy said, because I think his approach towards Christianity is incomplete, but I still understand that he wasn't pimping himself.

They showed that clip on sportscenter yesterday, of Dungy right after the Superbowl. He said something to the effect of "With Lovie Smith and I making the Superbowl, its not just about us being the first African Americans to win, it's about us being two Christian coaches, proving you can win doing it the Lord's way". I mean how self absorbed are you? And what way was Belichick doing it, Satan's way? He seems to always have a very high opinion of himself and the media just eats it right up.

Belichick should hire Jesus as the new OC. That guy really knows his stuff if he got two coaches to the Superbowl at the same time.

I wonder who he rooted for.

Oh, please. If that's what you think was being done, you don't even understand what it means to be a Christian. I don't even agree with what Dungy said, because I think his approach towards Christianity is incomplete, but I still understand that he wasn't pimping himself.

What did you mean by "Do you know any Christians?" I dont think I understand where youre going with this.

Anyone else hearing "Do They Know It's Christmas" in their head right now?

Anyone?

I don't know why, but I had on ESPN2's " Whine and Cheese in the Morning" this a.m. and Jets Boy was going on and on about it mentioning "class' over and over. Another veiled attempt to throw barbs at Bill B.

I despise Greenburg.

I don't know why, but I had on ESPN2's " Whine and Cheese in the Morning" this a.m. and Jets Boy was going on and on about it mentioning "class' over and over. Another veiled attempt to throw barbs at Bill B.

I despise Greenburg.

Talk all they want.

Haters Hate, that's what they do - We have three Lombardi's, how about you?

I despise Greenburg.
Greenberg loves the Jets and the Jets only. The Dungy stuff he probably picked up by osmosis from the rest of ESPN staff. I really would love to hear some New England based banter on Dungy. Most overrated coach ever?

Greenberg loves the Jets and the Jets only. The Dungy stuff he probably picked up by osmosis from the rest of ESPN staff. I really would love to hear some New England based banter on Dungy. Most overrated coach ever?

I'm really sorry I missed their first show after the Jets crashed and burned against the Fins week 17. I would have enjoyed his tears.

A month earlier he was talking about an all NY Superbowl.

I really don't get the hate for Greenberg around here. He's an unabashed Jets fan, but he constantly praises the Pats for being such a well-run organization from top to bottom.

Calling Dungy a class act isn't always a dig at the Pats. We need to get over ourselves sometime, I think.

I really don't get the hate for Greenberg around here. He's an unabashed Jets fan, but he constantly praises the Pats for being such a well-run organization from top to bottom.

Calling Dungy a class act isn't always a dig at the Pats. We need to get over ourselves sometime, I think.
The thing is that the praise for Dungy is completely overdone. He's not the only classy coach in the NFL, but you could draw that conclusion from the adulation he receives. He couldn't "separate church and state" in his job either, which I think is a mistake. I'm happy he's out of football because I'm tired of hearing all the ballwashing as if he's the only decent man that ever coached the game.

I guess he whines too much. And I've heard him dis Bill numerous times all stemming from a silly handshake 3 years ago that Lombardi never practiced himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back