PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tony Dungy is stepping down!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good riddance Dungheap, don't let the door hit ya in your "quiet strength" on the way out.

I wish him luck in future endeavors.

This is a great day for the colts.

this is a great day for the game of football.

Yeah, if you consider cr***ing the bed in the Wild Card round for the second year in a row "a high note."

Ever heard the high note some guys hit when they take on in the n*ts?

I'm actually shocked. I assumed when the time came he would announce on the first day of the season so that all the melodrama and treacle could be rung out of it game by game.

I imagined a final game with the Mormon Tabernacle choir in tandem with a choir from whatever sect he belongs to singing Amazing Grace at half time with fireworks and a million hand held American flags (made in china).

Rick Warren, the Reverend Wright, Billy Graham in a wheelchair and the corpse of Jerry Falwell lined up at the 50 yard line while the ghost of Chet Baker plays taps.

I'm actually a little disappointed he announced in the off season.

for the record i know you guys hate him but i liked the guy, i do feel a little bad for him.
For the record... I think more of us hated how he was treated, by the media and the league, more than the man himself. I personally dislike people that wear their religion on their sleeve, but truthfully I'm far from hating the man.

I'm actually shocked. I assumed when the time came he would announce on the first day of the season so that all the melodrama and treacle could be rung out of it game by game.

I imagined a final game with the Mormon Tabernacle choir in tandem with a choir from whatever sect he belongs to singing Amazing Grace at half time with fireworks and a million hand held American flags (made in china).

Rick Warren, the Reverend Wright, Billy Graham in a wheelchair and the corpse of Jerry Falwell lined up at the 50 yard line while the ghost of Chet Baker plays taps.

I'm actually a little disappointed he announced in the off season.

Following the press conference I fully expect to see The Ascension part 2.

in like a lion, out like a lamb... a strong, but quiet lamb

If you think Indy's D is terrible now, just wait until Caldwell takes over. They are replacing a defensive minded coach, who perfected the tampa-2 scheme, to an offensive minded coach who basically will just let Manning do whatever he wants anyway.

at least he did annoucne it quick.....

i know of a player that could take some notes on that subject

Not surprising.
Will they find a new HC in house or look to hire someone entirely new?
Funny how they mention that Dungy is the first African American coach to win a Superbowl, Tomlin could become the second one in short order.
Dungy was a pioneer, but he won't be the last.

Last edited:
Cam Cameron II. His record at Indiana was similiarly awful. Not wishing bad things on
the Colts. But, if Gump gets hurt in 1st game next year. They could pull a 1-15.

I thought the exact same thing.

Word out of Indy is that Caldwell is changing things around already. He's finished writing a book titled "Loud Weakness" and he supports gay marriage for his players. What's next, a running attack and no noise piped into the stadium amplifiers?

Wow, ESPN is a morbid spectacle right now. My roommate just came in here and said "wait a second, did he die?" From the sermon that they're giving, I can understand how he could make that mistake...

For the record... I think more of us hated how he was treated, by the media and the league, more than the man himself. I personally dislike people that wear their religion on their sleeve, but truthfully I'm far from hating the man.

I disliked the smarmy way he used to attack Bill Belichick. That's why I didn't have much use for Dungy.

Over/Under

How many times mentions god? 10.5
How many minutes into press conference he cries? 4:30
How many times Bill Polian mentions Dungy is a better man than coach? 6.5

Not surprising.
Will they find a new HC in house or look to hire someone entirely new?
Funny how they mention that Dungy is the first African American coach to win a Superbowl, Tomlin could become the second one in short order.
Dungy was a pioneer, but he won't be the last.

Yeah, but is Tomlin a devout Christian?

I disliked the smarmy way he used to attack Bill Belichick. That's why I didn't have much use for Dungy.
Well yeah... there's that too. Kinda goes along with his holier than thou attitude. But I still think jcdavey is misplacing our hate for the treatment of the guy. Could be just me. I greatly dislike him, but hate is a strong word here. It's the ballwashing I hate (wait.. is it Saints or Angels that are smooth in the front?)

see ya !!!!!!

Attachments

• 206728.jpg
    206728.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 132
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back