PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tony Dungy is stepping down!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I want to know is if they'll have a plume of blue smoke arise from the stadium when Caldwell officially takes over. Dungy has come, Dungy has risen, Dungy will come aaaagain.

Last edited:
Dungy steps down

Favre retires?

McNabb leaves Philly?

Now if Jerry Jones would only sell the Cowboys after cutting TO; maybe the National Soap Opera Football League can get closed out.

There is still that Train Wreck they like to call the Raiders.

there is hope.

New head coach Jim Caldwell's career record as a head coach, for the Wake Forest Demon Deacons, was an eye-popping 26-63.

Cam Cameron II. His record at Indiana was similiarly awful. Not wishing bad things on
the Colts. But, if Gump gets hurt in 1st game next year. They could pull a 1-15.

Turn on ESPN and you will throw up more than a little. It's like they're eulogizing the guy.
Think I'll pass.
pukeface.gif

All I want to know is if they'll have a plume of smoke arise from the stadium when Caldwell officially takes over. Dungy has come, Dungy has risen, Dungy will come aaaagain.

I agree, San Diego will throw bundles of cash his way in 2010. I don't believe he's gone. Not for a second - maybe his press conference will convince me, but I doubt it.

Last edited:
You guys are fast, beat me to it by 2 minutes!

We totally sound like a bunch of ****s. :D

Having said that, how long do you think it will take to paint him into The Last Supper?

Turn on ESPN and you will throw up more than a little. It's like they're eulogizing the guy.
Surely you didn't expect them to be questioning, "Was it Peyton or was it Dungy?"

Cam Cameron II. His record at Indiana was similiarly awful. Not wishing bad things on
the Colts. But, if Gump gets hurt in 1st game next year. They could pull a 1-15.

Cam was 18-37 at IU.

26-63, that's is like a Cam Cameron career with three more 3-8 seasons tacked on, minus a win, plus two more losses!

Cam was 18-37 at IU.

26-63, that's is like a Cam Cameron career with three more 3-8 seasons tacked on, minus a win, plus two more losses!

Shows what a great job current Wake coach is doing. I love the way they play
defense. Curry will be gone before we pick. But, maybe not A.Smith. IU did give Cam
more to work with than Caldwell got.

I don't know if this a good thing or not. The guy was a great regular season coach, but choked a lot in the playoffs.

This is pretty funny coming from the biggest McDaniels ball washer on the board, who similarly puts up good regular season stats and chokes in the playoffs

That is a HUGE santimoneous vacuum to fill... I hope this guy is up to it!

How will he be at promoting Quiet Strength, like touring the country to promote is own biography?

Quiet Strength doesn't happen on its own, it has to be practiced loudly at every oportunity.

Last edited:
This is pretty funny coming from the biggest McDaniels ball washer on the board, who similarly puts up good regular season stats and chokes in the playoffs

NEM, is that you? Charlie's still at Notre Dame.

I expect him to back in three days for his second coming.

So after all these years of ALMOST giving up coaching football to devote himself to philanthropy, Saint Dungy really is retiring? What a great guy. I know he's a great guy b/c he continually considered giving up football to help people, year after year after year. I almost quit last week to go spread world peace. Then I didn't. I'm a great guy, too.

I don't understand replacing a defensive minded coach (Dungy) with an offensive minded one. Caldwell has been a quarterback coach for all his coaching career. Wow, he's done a great job with Manning? What part of Indy always needs the most attention? Whatever your thoughts are concerning Dungy, he was a pretty good defensive minded coach. Now, Indy is subtracting that. Wild card this year...............playoffs (in your best Jim Mora voice).

Maybe you ought to hang it up when it comes to posting about McDaniels. You've demonstrated a fundamental ignorance of how the Patriots' offense runs on more occasions than I can count...

I don't know if this a good thing or not. The guy was a great regular season coach, but choked a lot in the playoffs.
7 - 6 W/L post-season record with the Colts, including a 41 - 0 pasting at the hands of the Jets. 1 - 2 vs. Belichick. Go on to your hands on work with young boys in the Indy area, Tony. Hey, that's what he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back