PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tomlinson: If Pats aint cheatin' they ain't tryin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we're all a little miffed that nothings been proven, it's a speculation, and the forum has been over-run by trolls(surprise!) who want it all to be true in the worst way. I mean, we'd go to the Fizzle fan boards, but that regional lock-out really puts a damper on things. Don't worry, by this time next week, you'll all be gone.

Well, the fact Rodney ADMITTED his guilt, I can understand why you guys are a little sensitive right now about more speculative talk of the patriots cheating. It sucks, but what do you expect when you've won SBs? If Merriman wasn't totally dominant would you guys even care he got caught? When you have success you have a target on your back. You guys should be used to it by now. I don't see you blasting Shaun Rogers, Julius Peppers, your punter last year, or Rodney Harrison.

Why do you guys sell half of your tickets to RAIDER FANS?
And how many did you sell to the Bears cuz they seemed pretty loud on TV?

Because EVERYONE wants to escape eastern hellish winters and miserable, humid summers to come to Cal. with their "out of state" jersey they only wear 16 weeks each year!

Because EVERYONE wants to escape eastern hellish winters and miserable, humid summers to come to Cal. with their "out of state" jersey they only wear 16 weeks each year!
and what state are the raiders from again?
Enlighten me with some more of your Charger Knowledge:D

Why do you guys sell half of your tickets to RAIDER FANS?
And how many did you sell to the Bears cuz they seemed pretty loud on TV?

We don't sell them, it's just that San Diego is such a premier place to live in the United States that either everyone from the midwest or East Coast moves out here or they PLAN vacations around coming to perfect SD.

Funny, that doesn't happen to a lot of places in the country. It's part of our achilles heal I guess, but there's nothing we can really do about it.

Last edited:
Bro, 22 players on the football field on every play. Stop watching John Clayton and learn something about the game of football. Anyone who talks about individual players deciding the entire game has blatantly never played a down of football at any level.

Did I infer that? Dont think so.

Take my quote in context. I was answering a Patriot fan who was threatening that the Pats were going to stop LT cold and punch his teeth out or some similar nonsense.

OK so they want to come, but that doesn't answer my question, why do you guys sell all your tickets?:confused:

We don't sell them, it's just that San Diego is such a premier place to live in the United States that either everyone from the midwest or East Coast moves out here or they PLAN vacations around coming to perfect SD.

Funny, that doesn't happen to a lot of places in the country. It's part of our achilles heal I guess, but there's nothing we can really do about it.
Too Bad Your Chargers Can't Match the weather.

and what state are the raiders from again?
Enlighten me with some more of your Charger Knowledge:D

Geography lesson for NE fans:

Southern California IS California! (where the rest of the nation moves "to")

Northern California (Raiders) is our water supply
and is really just Southern Oregon

Mike Shanahan (Fired / Rejected Raiders coach) - Like that means anything :rolleyes:

Belichick's record before he got any talent to coach? 5 out of his first 6 years as a head coach he averaged a 6-10 record. Yeah, talent had nothing to do with his success because BB has always been a really successful head coach. :rolleyes:

And Moron - How do you become a great head coach? - Let me tell you,By having a say in whom the team drafts,understand? - not just coaching,the other stuff is important too - There were no Tom Brady's or Richard Seymours available for Cleveland back then .

And Moron - How do you become a great head coach? - Let me tell you,By having a say in whom the team drafts,understand? - not just coaching,the other stuff is important too - There were no Tom Brady's or Richard Seymours available for Cleveland back then .

I'm a moron because I pointed out the flaws in your logic? ie that two-time Superbowl champion coach Mike Shanahan was also fired by the Raiders and BB had a terrible record as a head coach for many years? I think that makes me smarter than you, so if I'm a moron I shudder to think what you are. :D

Last edited:
You guys should actually thank LT.

He has given you guys something to focus on, getting all upset by his lighthearted comments to reporters....you can put all your energy into hating the recipient of the NFL Man of the Year Award... so now you dont have to deal with the fact that your great winning organization is under review for cheating.

The Patriots are a winning team with 3 Super Bowls. You deserve kudos for that.

But on the sportsmanship front Belichek is seriously lacking. Not shaking hands, pushing reporters, filming signals. Pretty gruff dude.

The little injury report games are a little tiresome also.

Hmmmm.. there is a thought. Did Norv Turner have any LTs or Antonio Gates in Oakland??

Should be a good game. They (Bolts) realize you guys are not the bears offense (Wreck Grossman and Fumbles) and you guys are not the bears defense. In the same token, we are not the Jets. Relax with the T.O comparison to LT! and please stop with the "I hope he gets hurt witch hunting" comments. You do realize you guys have Randy Moss right? (feel free to look up his history and don't be ignorant) I personally think this game will a classic one. For those who think it will be a blow out, please try and follow football and pay attention please. If you Pats win, I will come back here and congratulate.

GO BOLTS
Here's to a healthy recovery to Kevin Everett.

Prediction:
Bolts 17
Patriots 14

Last edited:
Hmmmm.. there is a thought. Did Norv Turner have any LTs or Antonio Gates in Oakland??

No he didn't. I thought he got a raw deal in Oakland, although he didn't help himself much. He did in Dallas, though. And he did a terrific job in helping the Cowboys win a lot of games.

But unfortunately for Norv, he's not a very good head coach which has been proven twice.

Last edited:
More opinion on Belichek

Apparently LT isn't the only one who feels this way... I got this off MSNBC

(http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20715148/):

Opinion: Belichick's track record of classlessness
Patriots coach has always been on over-competitive manipulator
OPINION
By Bob Cook
Updated: 11:16 p.m. CT Sept 10, 2007

When you hear the New England Patriots are accused of sending a spy to videotape an opponent’s signals, do you think, “There is no WAY that would EVER be tolerated on a team coached by Bill Belichick?”

Thought not.

As his team gets further removed from its Super Bowl run, Belichick’s career as a Hall of Fame coach is quickly being overtaken by his career as a Hall of Fame jackass. Even though Belichick is far from being found culpable in the case of the Patriots employee wielding a video camera where none should be, the coach’s long history of poor sportsmanship means it hardly stretches the imagination to see him being **** Cheney in the NFL‘s version of warrantless wiretapping.

If this is all just a big misunderstanding, all apologies to Belichick.

If not, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell needs to go all Pacman Jones on Belichick, who is a repeat offender when it comes to the crime of sore winning and sore losing. Forget losing a draft pick or two if the Patriots are found to have violated the league rule against videotaping another team’s signals. Belichick, if he is at any way responsible, should be suspended for a bad attitude that has played out in ways that makes Terrell Owens queasy.

Not only is it no surprise that the coach who Machiavelli thinks is a little too committed to winning at all costs would (allegedly) send a spy to steal signals during Sunday’s 38-14 victory over the New York Jets, but it’s also no surprise that, as a league source told ESPN.com, this is not the first time such an accusation has been made. According to that account, the Green Bay Packers last year kicked out the same Patriots representative being investigated by the league for the Jets incident.

Sign-stealing has long been a sports pastime, and often it’s seen as crafty gamesmanship to slyly figure out the opponents’ signals. But only the sore-winning, sore-losing Belichick would be as ham-handed as to send a guy with a video recorder to stand on the other team’s sideline.

It shows the same brand of subtlety he displayed, say, brushing past someone trying to shake his hand after a loss.

Belichick has been on a particular roll since the last game of the regular season: shoving a photographer during a season-ending win over the Jets; having LaDainian Tomlinson question whether the Patriots who danced at midfield after a playoff win at San Diego took their cues on classlessness from their coach; and blowing off Peyton Manning after the Colts beat the Patriots in the AFC Championship game, followed by Belichick giving CBS’ Solomon Wilcots a short, *****ly interview that inspired network analyst Boomer Esiason to call the coach “unprofessional.”

Then on a Sept. 2 radio show, Vikings coach Brad Childress revealed he had a tense conversation with Belichick when Childress wanted to claim a player Belichick had put on waivers in hopes of bringing him back to the practice squad. Childress said Belichick told him he wouldn’t claim a Vikings player if Childress backed off. When he didn’t, Childress said, Belichick claimed a Vikings player. “He was trying to leverage, but you always find out who is honest and straightforward,” Childress told WCCO-AM.

Of course, Belichick has a long history of manipulation. Look at how he works the weekly injury list so no one knows exactly who is hurt and how much, paranoia that runs so deep, Belichick ordered Steelers trainer John Norwig off the field in 2005 when he came to assist injured Patriots offensive lineman Matt Light. Actually, what Belichick was reported to have said was, “Get away from my [R-rated adjective] player!”

If it weren’t for the reports that the Patriots had tried this before, it would seem natural Belichick would reserve his most dastardly schemes for the Jets, given the bad blood that started in early 2000 when he quit as the team’s head coach the day he was promoted to fill Bill Parcells’ absence, continued as he and the Jets filed grievances over his attempt to go to the Patriots, and continued further as defensive coordinator Eric Mangini took the head coaching job last year, reportedly over Belichick’s objections (so much so Belichick, like an angry father of a teenage daughter dating a newly released prisoner, was purported to have changed the locks during Mangini’s courting).

Who can forget such heart-warming images of tough but fair competition as Belichick brushes off Mangini’s handshake in their first game against each other, and Mangini grabbing Belichick’s right arm like Henry VIII locked onto a turkey leg to guarantee a handshake after their second meeting?

Only Belichick’s lack of throwing furniture and his omnipresent monotone keeps his reputation from completely spilling over into Bob Knight territory. He’s a jerk, but not one you hear screaming a lot. Belichick might not completely disdain the comparison to Knight, a good friend of Belichick’s former boss, Parcells. Knight was never one to rush to apologize for his actions, and Belichick doesn’t openly, Nixon-style, declare “I am not a jerk,” instead issuing vague responses that sound like they were written by Alan Greenspan.

But one other thing about Knight. For all of his flaws, he was all about fair play. Belichick is about gaming the system as much as you can.

Particularly if this videotape accusation holds up, the question becomes, with Belichick’s skill, and his players’ talent, why stoop to this?

The answer: because Belichick’s attitude crosses the line from wanting to do everything possible to win to demanding to do anything possible to win. Belichick’s boorish behavior means the videotape accusation, if it sticks, isn’t a sign of some crafty mind engaging in a little gamesmanship. It’s a sign of an obsessed mind crossing the line from being a poor sport to being poor for his sport.

Should be a good game. They (Bolts) realize you guys are not the bears offense (Wreck Grossman and Fumbles) and you guys are not the bears defense. In the same token, we are not the Jets. Relax with the T.O comparison to LT! and please stop with the "I hope he gets hurt witch hunting" comments. You do realize you guys have Randy Moss right? (feel free to look up his history and don't be ignorant) I personally think this game will a classic one. For those who think it will be a blow out, please try and follow football and pay attention please. If you Pats win, I will come back here and congratulate.

GO BOLTS
Here's to a healthy recovery to Kevin Everett.

I do not see a blowout even though I am a HUGE Patriots fan but realize we are not that much better than San Diego in talent so I see a close game and Ladanian will have 125 yards or so but I think it ends up with the team who has the ball in the final few minutes of the game - Hopefully its the Pats who run down the clock and Gostkowski kicks the game winner with 6 seconds left on the clock

Patriots 33
Chargers 31

No he didn't. I thought he got a raw deal in Oakland, although he didn't help himself much. He did in Dallas, though. And he did a terrific job in helping the Cowboys win a lot of games.

But unfortunately for Norv, he's not a very good head coach which has been proven twice.

Twice, yes once when he worked for Al Davis and once when he worked for Daniel Snyder. How is Hall of famer Joe Gibbs doing there these days?

It all seems pretty similar to Belicheck's track record in Cleveland until he got a legitimate chance with a good organization.

Funny how that works.

i think its funny how so many players and fans are bitter, angry, and frustrated by the patriots sucess. 15 years ago the pats were the joke of the nfl, now everyone hates them because they are so good. guys like LT and Merriman shoot their mouth off about the patriots, but we all know they wish the chargers were half as sucessfull over this decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes