PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Martinez, Brady's Coach/Guru, is concerned...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady doesn't talk about him all the time. He does give him tons of credit when the subject comes up. Martinez rallied after some of his well heeled connections got on the horn and got him second and third opinions and treatment from more aggressive facilities. I'll bet you Tom was one if not the driving force among those connections... Martinex doesn't have to take Guregian's calls. But he seems to like to be consulted...

Mo

He's not exactly a weekly feature on ESPN/CBS/NBC/FOX/NFLN pregame.

Besides, if Brady wanted it, "hush,hush", I'm sure there would be zero info divulged. Mike Lombardi noticed the same thing.

It's not KGB stuff.

What I do know it that for 6 straight weeks, TB has been playing defenses that either know their offensive system or are decent defenses in their own right that can get after the passer.

Last 6 games:

vs NYJ: 24-33 (72.7%), 321 yds, 9.73 ypa, 1 td, 1 int, 100.7
vs Dal: 27-41 (65.9%), 289 yds, 7.05 ypa, 2 td, 2 int, 82.3
at Pit: 24-35 (68.6%), 198 yds, 5.66 ypa, 2 td, 0 int, 101.8
vs NYG: 28-49 (57.1%), 342 yds, 6.98 ypa, 2 td, 2 int, 75.4
at NYJ: 26-39 (66.7%), 329 yds, 8.44 ypa, 3 td, 0 int, 118.4
vs KC: 15-27 (55.6%), 234 yds, 8.67 ypa, 2 td, 0 int, 109.2

TOT: 144-224 (64.3%), 1713 yds, 7.65 ypa, 12 td, 5 int
AVG: 24-37 (64.3%), 286 yds, 7.65 ypa, 2 td, 1 int

The team over that span has scored 30, 20, 17, 20, 37, and 34 points. Yes, the D and special teams have scored TDs each of the past two games. Still that's 26.3 points per game. Not as much as they normally do, so on the whole, their offense has been down a tick. But still, if this is a "down" offense....holy cow.

Well, this certainly seems to put a bit of a dent into the "Brady's washed up" theory.........

Brady opened the season firing the ball all over the field, feasting on the mid yardage routes. More recently, Brady has settled for the short passes, with receivers earning the extra yards on their own. Brady has thrown some flutter balls, low velocity balls, and some short balls as well. Clearly there is an issue... he picks his spots when he dials up the velocity. I'm hoping the Pats can dial up a consistent running game to take the pressure off him. I was surprised that Brady was in the game for the last series vs KC. Yes, Brady just handed the ball off to Vareen....but give the guy a cap and let him stand next to BB for a few minutes of camera time

Something is not right with TB throws. He can still hit that tight pass but it looks like at times whatever ailment he has hampers his throwing.
Haters will say TB is older now etc etc etc. NONSENSE!!!
Hopefully It'll work itself out.

I don't get to say "I called it" that often, but I'll just repost my own thoughts from last week:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...ise-his-throwing-elbow-page2.html#post2803464

I don't know much about bone bruises, but it sounds like something which maybe - in the short term - probably had repercussions on his technique, maybe he was compensating for the pain. Which might explain some of the occasional uncharacteristically off throws in the past month.

The technique being the cause of sporadic inaccuracy, rather than directly attributing it to the injury, would also explain why it is only occasional, and why he was his normal pinpoint self in the second half vs. the Jets. It's easier to correct technique than it is to make pain suddenly disappear.

For those that don't recall, a similar thing happened last year when Brady was having some technique issues before visiting his QB guru around Thanksgiving. Of course, we all remember the epic run he went on after that. I'd like to think he has made or will make a trip out for a tune-up sometime this year.

Glad Martinez hasn't passed away. I wouldn't think Brady would ask a sick man to fly across the country.

Interesting...he's definately off at times but i'm sure having an actual WR would go along in fixing that problem. Every throw Brady makes has to be made into tight coverage these days so every throw has to be pinpoint accurate.

Thank god for that TE we have..that tall fellow.

well, it take an actual veteran WR approx 2 years to learn the offense...so they better bring one in now for 2013

Sounds like Martinez can't make it out this way from the above article. The two have just spoken on the phone.

Unfortunately I doubt Brady has time for a trip west this year. Closest we get to the west now is Denver.

Maybe Martinez can suit up and block for Brady. From the naked eye, Brady's struggles are related to his OLs ability to keep him upright.

Dont know if this has been posted yet, but this is a pretty good link to a video of Tom Martinez and his relationship with Brady. Includes some video images of Brady as a youngster.

The Season

Last edited:
Dont know if this has been posted yet, but this is a pretty good link to a video of Tom Martinez and his relationship with Brady. Includes some video images of Brady as a youngster.

The Season

That's fantastic - - thank you for that!

The Season

Yes thanknyou very much sharing that! Fantastic vid.

Yes thanknyou very much sharing that! Fantastic vid.
Youre welcome. The part that I thought was particularly interesting was that Martinez also coached JaMarcus Russell, but unlike Brady, Russell never followed up with Martinez for advice on any ongoing basis.

The Season

Martinez claims it takes 3000 reps to train/re-train a muscle. Hmmm...

His arm clearly looks jacked up and he looks pissed off about it after every game.

I didn't want to feed the hysteria on this subject seeing that there's not much I can do about his injury. Hopefully we see TB at 100% coming down the stretch.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe