PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady gets a visit today from new QB guru Tom House to help with throwing mechanics

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
BostonHerald.com - Blogs: The Blitz» Blog Archive » Tom Brady and Patriots quarterbacks receive a House call from noted pitching coach

Perhaps Brady is not happy with his throwing motion so far this offseason but its still hard to imagine an all pro QB seeking assistance ....Tom Martinez was his guy before Tom's untimely death a year ago.

I would hope that Hoyer and Mallett also take notice of this training session...you never know when they may be called up to bat.

House worked in LA 2 weeks ago with Tebow ..... House may be a good instructor,but he is no miracle worker. :)

Last edited:
Re: Brady gets a visit today from new QB guru Tom House to help with throwing mechani

BostonHerald.com - Blogs: The Blitz» Blog Archive » Tom Brady and Patriots quarterbacks receive a House call from noted pitching coach

Perhaps Brady is not happy with his throwing motion so far this offseason but its still hard to imagine an all pro QB seeking assistance ....Tom Martinez was his guy before Tom's untimely death a year ago.

I would hope that Hoyer and Mallett also take notice of this training session...you never know when they may be called up to bat.
The reason Brady is the best is he always looks to improve at his craft. It is in no way surprising he would look for outside assistance.

Re: Brady gets a visit today from new QB guru Tom House to help with throwing mechani

The reason Brady is the best is he always looks to improve at his craft. It is in no way surprising he would look for outside assistance.

Yeah,House also worked with arguably another top 3 QB in Brees as well.

Brees does seem to have the killer instinct to succeed at the top like Brady has.

House worked in LA 2 weeks ago with Tebow ..... House may be a good instructor,but he is no miracle worker. :)

Tom Brady, Tom House, Tom Martinez, Tim Tebow. Pretty clear which one doesn't belong.

Tom Brady, Tom House, Tom Martinez, Tim Tebow. Pretty clear which one doesn't belong.

I can see it now. . . .

(ROOTERS) In an unusual move today, New York Jest quarterback Tim Tebow filed court documents to officially change his name to Tom Tebiw. . . .

:D

I cant believe it, its TFB, 3 time SB champ and 2 time SB MVP, one of the greatest ever and he is still trying to improve? i mean where the hell you can improve from being top-3 QB of all time? this guy amazes me. god i wish he could play until age of 90.

I cant believe it, its TFB, 3 time SB champ and 2 time SB MVP, one of the greatest ever and he is still trying to improve? i mean where the hell you can improve from being top-3 QB of all time? this guy amazes me. god i wish he could play until age of 90.

He probably could,but the commissioner would have to make a rule that the opposing defensive line must count to 10 after the snap to rush the passer.

He is not a good scrambler at 35,I would hate to see him doing it at 90 :eek:

As long as his OL keeps him upright, I think he actually can play until he's 40 or beyond. It's all about the hits he takes. In terms of quaterbacking, yeah this is not a surprise at all. He wants to get a 4th ring to tie and a 5th to surpass the best, he's bitter given how close he's been. People who think he is likely to quit football to pursue being a socialite in the next 5 years are just hoping because they're fans of other teams.

Last edited:

Doubt it's got much to do with how Brady feels about his motion...you generally only ever have one...unless your Tebow and have to try and change it!

Good idea to get a top QB coach to come out and look at you. It's always good to have someone else outside of the organisation watch and analyse you. Don't get why it's 'hard to imagine' a pro QB seeking the thoughts of one of the top coaches in the nation...considering he no longer has a personal coach after Martinez's death.

On the not of Martinez, does anyone have the link to that video CBS...at least I think it was CBS...did on Tom and his relationship with Martinez?

Last edited:

Doubt it's got much to do with how Brady feels about his motion...you generally only ever have one...unless your Tebow and have to try and change it!

Good idea to get a top QB coach to come out and look at you. It's always good to have someone else outside of the organisation watch and analyse you. Don't get why it's 'hard to imagine' a pro QB seeking the thoughts of one of the top coaches in the nation...considering he no longer has a personal coach after Martinez's death.

On the not of Martinez, does anyone have the link to that video CBS...at least I think it was CBS...did on Tom and his relationship with Martinez?

I think it's more of a positive consensus for Brady given all that he's accomplished, still trying to perfect his craft.

Last edited:

Just so we're clear, does everyone realize the best athletes in the world have coaches constantly trying to perfect them? It's a never-ending source of perfection for those at the top of a sport or discipline. If Brady weren't working with top QB coaches off campus I would be worried.

Last edited:

Well. he was a bum with the Sox, but whatever works.

Not sure if this is the one you are referring to, but here is a relevant video...
The Season

Brady = The Relentless Pursuit of Perfection

:rocker:

I know Tom is just raring to go and we can see he is doing everything he can to win Lombardi #4 this season! Tom is dedicated to winning a championship. Hang on tight folks, I think we are in for a special ride this year! Go Pats!!

BB never exactly lit it up as a TE but I’ll take him as a coach.

I’d be worried if TFB didn’t have a coach to help him fine tune his mechanics, no matter how good one is one can always get better. I’m just disappointed that Mallett doesn’t have a throwing coach (from what I know).

Only one of them can divide a nation though.

I must say, I thought I was kidding, I never imagined he was the same guy. He was mediocre, let's say. Certainly, no Bill Lee.

So, a mediocre left handed pitcher morphs into a coach for a right handed football player. Whatever works.

I was pissed-off when Roger Moret was traded for him. He was almost as bad as his near-namesake,
Bob Heise.

House did catch Henry Aaron's 715th HR, so he's got that going for him, which is nice.

I was pissed-off when Roger Moret was traded for him. He was almost as bad as his near-namesake,
Bob Heise.

House did catch Henry Aaron's 715th HR, so he's got that going for him, which is nice.

Moret was much better, but he had a mental breakdown, if i recall. A real catatonic episode, i believe.

My bad, that was three years later with Texas. It was a worse trade than I thought, too.

Judging from his pitching, House should be able to help Tom throw a straight, easily catchable ball.:grin:

Last edited:

Brady is the ultimate perfectionist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick