Not open for further replies.

Tony2046

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Two things:

1. Curran one of the few guys in the Mass Media that has the ability to report on Patriot issues, good or bad, without taking a dump on the entire organization or without looking like he was imported from Miami/Baltimore/Indianapolis.

2. Can we give this guy some "clicks" , "hits" or comments? I think he has earned that.

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/curran-momentum-building-prior-brady-appeal

I feel like Curran may have some insider info on a new angle about to break - he specifically mentions Kensil, Vincent etc - it would be great if the lid was blown off this ridiculous conspiracy to enforce parity on the Patriots through nonsensical allegations.

By golly, I hope he's right! I would love to see Brady go after these pathetic lemmings!

Better still an expose by a national credible media source, that shows the duplicity and fraud that takes place on Madison Avenue... we all know the connections, but connecting those dots can be difficult for most of us.

I am still reeling from the section of the Wells report that gently massages Anderson's testicles, that was completely out of context and made no sense.. along with many other aspects of this report.

Curran is one of the better Pats writers, he did have a low point several years ago when Brady tore his ACL.. and received a ton of crap on this board for it, he may have been labelled a "traitor".. but he has recovered nicely and doing what we want him to..

It's no secret I really like Curran. Even on those rare occasions when I disagree with him and/or don't like what he says/writes, I never get the sense he has an agenda or is trolling. Also, he has never been afraid to take on the contrarians. I've seen him do it with Felger, Shank and Borges, to name a few. It's clear that those guys don't particularly care for him which, to me, tells me all I need to know.

Better still an expose by a national credible media source, that shows the duplicity and fraud that takes place on Madison Avenue... we all know the connections, but connecting those dots can be difficult for most of us.

I am still reeling from the section of the Wells report that gently massages Anderson's testicles, that was completely out of context and made no sense.. along with many other aspects of this report.

Curran is one of the better Pats writers, he did have a low point several years ago when Brady tore his ACL.. and received a ton of crap on this board for it, he may have been labelled a "traitor".. but he has recovered nicely and doing what we want him to..

Mike Reiss has been putting out some neutral to pro Patriot work which must be difficult to do when working for BSPN.

It's no secret I really like Curran. Even on those rare occasions when I disagree with him and/or don't like what he says/writes, I never get the sense he has an agenda or is trolling. Also, he has never been afraid to take on the contrarians. I've seen him do it with Felger, Shank and Borges, to name a few. It's clear that those guys don't particularly care for him which, to me, tells me all I need to know.

Yep. Disagreeing is fine. It's the trolling that's really annoying and childish.

Mike Reiss has been putting out some neutral to pro Patriot work which must be difficult to do when working for BSPN.
He has shackles. He's made his feelings known on the matter, though. He's a responsible reporter that can't compromise his credibility by being too over the top.

Last edited:
I feel like Curran may have some insider info on a new angle about to break - he specifically mentions Kensil, Vincent etc - it would be great if the lid was blown off this ridiculous conspiracy to enforce parity on the Patriots through nonsensical allegations.

Unlike Dooch, Spazz and Forges, Curren is still a journalist and keeps his sources fresh and on the speedial.

I just read the article and I'm trying to take off my Patriots goggles and say yes, it's what I wanted to read, but no, there's no qualitative difference in the reporting.

It's "the feeling is" rather than "sources say..." So therefore I'm trying not to hang any fan-emotion on this. There is this: a union in a quasi-adversarial relationship with the League is way more likely to back his case than 1/32 of league ownership (Kraft) or the hired random "judge," goodell.

This scandal's just ugly to me, because it lays bare the NFL* for what it is as an organization. But I guess I have said this before and am stating the obvious saying it again.

But if there's anybody who has an interest in backing Brady, it's the NFLPA (the guys who Brady has backed in the past.)

Now I wonder if they hang with him past the Goodell appeal stage and into any court case... of course we also do not know whether Brady goes to court.

My favorite red meat part.

"I think as we get closer to this appeal there will be more indications of just how hard the NFLPA and the Tom Brady camp is going to go after not just Goodell, but all the underlings - Kensil, Vincent and the rest."

Yes, I know it's just speculation, but I still love it.

Now I wonder if they hang with him past the Goodell appeal stage and into any court case... of course we also do not know whether Brady goes to court.

Either way we are about to find out.

My favorite red meat part.

"I think as we get closer to this appeal there will be more indications of just how hard the NFLPA and the Tom Brady camp is going to go after not just Goodell, but all the underlings - Kensil, Vincent and the rest."

Yes, I know it's just speculation, but I still love it.

Based on yesterday's report that TB12 will accept nothing less than full exoneration and Goody no reducing the penalty unless there is new information, depending on how the discussions during the arbitration hearing unfold, this is a very real possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News