PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady Retires (Update: Shouts out to Pats players, coaches on social media)

I'd say bring him in as our new OC lol.

But if he's looking to spend more time with family that's the very last thing you would do.

Brady has a contract with the Buc's. He is breaking his contract with them because he is retiring. I have no doubt his post was probably written that way after approval from his lawyer. Once the dust settles, any everything is official, I have no doubt he will thank New England. With all the ridiculous stuff that the league has fabricated against Tom Brady and the Patriots, last thing he needs is some breach of contract issues.

Nobody thinks that Montana is a Chief.

It does not matter if Brady thinks he is a Buc, because his legacy was built in New England. History cannot be changed.

Personally, I still believe that when he is no longer legally bound to the Bucs, he will 'come out of retirement' and sign a 1 day deal with the Pats and then retire again. That may be after the season starts. Brady is too smart not to do this.

The fact that the people on here who have been the most critical of Brady since 2019 are also the most butthurt about him not acknowledging the Pats (yet) today isn’t going unnoticed. Trouble moving on, fellas?

Honestly, the fact that he didn't makes me think there's something more coming. People need to be patient and let the whole story play out before they kneejerk. If he never mentions the Pats all offseason and there's nothing else planned, we can react then.

But thank you for everything, Tom! We'll never see another like him.

His agent will probably tell him to write something...anyway it's too late as far as I'm concerned

Started watching the Patriots as a kid when Jim Plunkett was QB. Really enjoyed watching Steve Grogan, and then Drew Bledsoe. But I never thought we would be so lucky to witness what we did with Tom Brady.

But if he's looking to spend more time with family that's the very last thing you would do.

Come on, who WOULDN'T want to take a 90% pay cut to work 120 hour weeks as a football coach? ;)

Yeah, can't see that. Gisele would probably knife him if he decided to walk away as a QB to toil endless hours as a coach in BB's system.

Like @Lagaffe_07 said, I can see him showing up to training camp maybe. It's like when veterans go back on post and see all the young soldiers running. It's surprisingly nice to be there, but at least partly because you don't have to go through the rigamarole anymore and it validates your choice to leave.

His agent will probably tell him to write something...anyway it's too late as far as I'm concerned

I think that's an overreaction, but we all know how you feel about the man, so I wasn't really expecting an objective opinion on the matter.

I think we're all a bit disappointed the Patriots weren't acknowledged in the retirement announcement. But step back for a bit and reflect on the ride we had for twenty years. How everyone envied or hated us. We were The Evil Empire to the rest of the league and we reveled in it. How lucky we were to be here and experience it.

Yeah, can't see that. Gisele would probably knife him if he decided to walk away as a QB to toil endless hours as a coach in BB's system.

Like @Lagaffe_07 said, I can see him showing up to training camp maybe. It's like when veterans go back on post and see all the young soldiers running. It's surprisingly nice to be there, but at least partly because you don't have to go through the rigamarole anymore and it validates your choice to leave.
I don’t think he’d be a very good coach regardless. Einstein was a terrible teacher. Brady would run into the same issues as a coach.

I think that's an overreaction, but we all know how you feel about the man, so I wasn't really expecting an objective opinion on the matter.
I am glad the board's resident dunce let us know he is hedging his bets.

Oh no! Please please forgive him!

le36wk0d6l781.jpg

I don’t think he’d be a very good coach regardless. Einstein was a terrible teacher. Brady would run into the same issues as a coach.
About being a coach in the NFL sure but I can totally see him work as a consultant for QB through TB12 like a Tom house

"Get your head out of your ass, Trask! All you have to do is know every coverage that's ever been run in the NFL in the last 20 years, work tirelessly on your footwork, technique, and physique, process all the information pre and post snap in split seconds and throw the ball perfectly to a receiver in stride! It's not that hard, I did it all the time!"

I suspect you're right. He is the GOAT because he has an inner drive unlike any other and utter determination to win. You can't coach that.

The fans didn’t boo him. Quite the opposite, actually. I’m sure there are a few assh0les that booed, but the sound from the crowd was overwhelming cheers until kickoff.

Now, if he read this board? Yeah… one wouldn’t be surprised that there’s no mention of the Patriots here. I’d probably retire and go into the Hall as a Buc, too, if I were him and read the ****posting on this board about him since 2019. But I doubt he does.

Dave Portnoy just did an “emergency press conference” saying “**** Tom Brady.” There’s a bunch of Portnoys on this board.
You're not even remotely wrong.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back