PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady on Football and God.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tebow is using his time in the limelight to promote Christianity. He's a pretty poor QB, but he is clear about his agenda and spends a lot of time trying to help less fortunate people. I don't get why people don't like him, so what if he sucks as a QB.

And the reality is, he doesn't suck as a QB. If he did, he wouldn't have made the team at Florida, much less been an NFL QB. The fact is, he's one of the best QB's on the planet.

Tom isn't saying anything that Tebow hasn't said since he joined the NFL. Tebow knows and states that God doesn't care about football. Tebow is using his time in the limelight to promote Christianity. He's been clear about this from the start. He's a pretty poor QB, but he is clear about his agenda and spends a lot of time trying to help less fortunate people. I don't get why people don't like him, so what if he sucks as a QB.

First of all he is a football player.. so that is why it is discussed on this forum, and not on a religious forum. World Net Daily is promoting Tebow for President..

Every once and a while hear about the "adversity" that Tebow has faced, what adversity?? He was a top high school player who had to make the choice of Fla State or Alabama, and then got drafted in the first round, that fought his way to a starting QB.. that is not a whole lot of adversity.

You miss the point, the NFL is filled with Christian players who do the right thing every day, the difference is that they choose not to let their good works play out in the media.. this has become more about Tebow and less about his message.

On our team Mayo, Carter and BJGE are obviously very religious, but do they do is out of the media limelight. Tom Brady is also known for his good works, most of which we do not know about.

Good works happen all the time in the NFL, but most do their good works away from the media..

Last edited:
43% of the country believes divine intervention was helping Tebow win games. This country is so ******* dumb.

I suspect that that level of mystical thinking is pretty common around the world.

I suspect that that level of mystical thinking is pretty common around the world.

Bend_lights.jpg

May he watch over us all.

He's not praying to beat somebody

Did he say that? Seems to me, when he is on his knees during a football game and his lips are moving that he would be praying for a win. Anyone watch the Tarkenton interview when he stated that he prayed hard during his Superbowl days. That guy has a great head on his shoulders.

Your talking about Tebow, not Brady?

Sure. There are well over 2,000 QB's playing college and pro ball. He's definitely in the top 10%.

Sure. There are well over 2,000 QB's playing college and pro ball. He's definitely in the top 10%.

You stated that Tebow is one of the best qb on the planet. That population then includes college quarterbacks. Let's not get carried away. I like Tebow. I like it when someone unconventional comes into a conservative arena and plays differently. I like that he walks the talk. But, he is at the bottom of NFL starting qb's. One could make the statement that Ross Ventrone is one of the db's on the planet.

while on the topic of god and football, for those of you who got a kick out of last weeks tebow 3:16 jazz here's another one courtesy of CHFF.

Tebow went 9-for-26 passing

Daniel 9:26 - "After the sixty-two 'sevens,' the Anointed One will be put to death and will have nothing."

Going from when Tebow became the starting QB of the broncos (Miami game) to the end of last nights game, there was a combined total of 62 TD's scored throughout those 13 games he started.

I kid you not - with his win against the Broncos, in which Tebow's 316 was inverted to 136, Brady's post season average Yards Per Completion rose to 6.66 yards.

If you look hard enough you can find numbers to fit a theory - and then there's just blind luck which occasionally results in a quirk like say, having the NY pick 3 be 9-1-1 on September 11, 2001

Last edited:
Don't think the pic in my sig was ever so suitable for a thread.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back