PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady finally gets what he deserves (article)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christ on a Crutch!

the kid's being sarcastic. Probably just a frustrated Ravens fan.

Besides, if I thought he was being real, I'd go hunt him down. UMBC is only about 10 minutes from where I live.

This forum is possibly the worst at getting jokes I have ever posted on, as a general theme.

Yeah. It's definitely way too easy to sense sarcasm over the internet.

Why give him attention for writing an article that basically reinforces the sad fact that the rest of the NFL fan base is admittedly composed of a bunch of callous, jealous losers?

Yeah, exactly. I clicked off and I won't give another thought to it... joke or otherwise.

Last edited:
Perhaps we should go gang-tackle the writer and BREAK BOTH his knees. At this point, he is most deserving of this. :disagreement:

Obviously, a small time scribe turning to the Dark Side in attempt to gain some personal notariety. He wants to MAKE the news, not just report it.

Anyone want to let this University of Maryland Senior Staff Writer of the student newspaper know of what we think of his garbage?

The Retriever Weekly

Maybe the most disgusting article regarding Brady that I have read that did not come from just an average joe mouthing off in another AFC East team's chat room on the net.

That was so awfully written, more embarrassed for this hack then anything else

We should contact the school regarding this. This kid should be banned from writing in that paper. what a classless sob

Big steaming pile of Who Cares? for this one.

I generally don't care about stuff like this, but this one got me for some reason. I think it was a combination of the fact that the writer is terrible, and the theme is pathetic: 'The Pats are very good, and Brady is very good, so Brady getting hurt is a good thing.' And I've reread that column a few times, if it was meant to be sarcastic I'm not seeing it and when dealing with something like 'celebrating an injury' you'd better make it pretty obvious.

So with that said, I actually wrote an e-mail to his editor--I know, I'm that guy, but as I said this one just really pissed me off for some reason. Here's what I wrote:

Hi Donald,

I'm writing this note to voice my disgust at the article that Mr. Griggs wrote on September 15th regarding Tom Brady. His poor grammar aside, Mr. Griggs crossed a line in sports fandome, one in which your rooting interests effect a moral decision. No one should wish injury on another person, even if--as Mr. Griggs points out--'people became sick of Brady and his so-called dynasty'. On that note, not only is Mr. Griggs wishing injury on Tom Brady--who he admits is a humble and gracious man--he is wishing it on him because of his juvenile insecurities as a fan. The main thrust of the argument presented in the article is that Tom Brady and the Patriots have been very good for a long time, and therefore it's a good thing that Tom Brady got hurt so everyone else could have a chance. It is a ridiculous notion, it is inappropriate, and I am shocked this article was run. I have no association with the University of Maryland, but this article is free to read on the internet and to publish it as it was constructed is both irresponsible and reflects poorly on the school paper. I can only hope to see an apology issued in the near future, and action taken against Mr. Griggs--who, quite frankly, is a poor writer to begin with.

Thank you for your time,
Ray

Anyone want to let this University of Maryland Senior Staff Writer of the student newspaper know of what we think of his garbage?

The Retriever Weekly

Maybe the most disgusting article regarding Brady that I have read that did not come from just an average joe mouthing off in another AFC East team's chat room on the net.

It actually says Brady is (1) highly successful and (2) likable (hard to hate). It doesn't really sound vindictive, but I do not intend to spend too much time digging through a school project for nuggets of truth.

Second and more importantly, it is a student newspaper. While criticizing the mediots who get paid to do their job has some value, do you really want to get aggressive toward a student journalist who writes as part of a club activity? What would be next, slam the high school paper when little Jimmy writes he likes Owens better than Moss?

Your angry gram will likely be interpreted favorably as it provides empirical evidence that someone outside of the school reads the schlock written. You may also want to jump in and criticize the campus "hot or not" rulings while you have his ear.

Last edited:
I generally don't care about stuff like this, but this one got me for some reason. I think it was a combination of the fact that the writer is terrible, and the theme is pathetic: 'The Pats are very good, and Brady is very good, so Brady getting hurt is a good thing.' And I've reread that column a few times, if it was meant to be sarcastic I'm not seeing it and when dealing with something like 'celebrating an injury' you'd better make it pretty obvious.

So with that said, I actually wrote an e-mail to his editor--I know, I'm that guy, but as I said this one just really pissed me off for some reason. Here's what I wrote:

Hi Donald,

I'm writing this note to voice my disgust at the article that Mr. Griggs wrote on September 15th regarding Tom Brady. His poor grammar aside, Mr. Griggs crossed a line in sports fandome, one in which your rooting interests effect a moral decision. No one should wish injury on another person, even if--as Mr. Griggs points out--'people became sick of Brady and his so-called dynasty'. On that note, not only is Mr. Griggs wishing injury on Tom Brady--who he admits is a humble and gracious man--he is wishing it on him because of his juvenile insecurities as a fan. The main thrust of the argument presented in the article is that Tom Brady and the Patriots have been very good for a long time, and therefore it's a good thing that Tom Brady got hurt so everyone else could have a chance. It is a ridiculous notion, it is inappropriate, and I am shocked this article was run. I have no association with the University of Maryland, but this article is free to read on the internet and to publish it as it was constructed is both irresponsible and reflects poorly on the school paper. I can only hope to see an apology issued in the near future, and action taken against Mr. Griggs--who, quite frankly, is a poor writer to begin with.

Thank you for your time,
Ray

C'mon Ray, the fact that it is a "ridiculous notion", is exactly why it is so easy to see the sarcasm. I think everybody is getting too accustomed to the illiterates on ESPN that they think everybody is equally moronic. The article is a JOKE!!!

Last edited:
Second and more importantly, it is a student newspaper. While criticizing the mediots who get paid to do their job has some value, do you really want to get aggressive toward a student journalist who writes as part of a club activity? What would be next, slam the high school paper when little Jimmy writes he likes Owens better than Moss?

Your angry gram will likely be interpreted favorably as it provides empirical evidence that someone outside of the school reads the schlock written. You may also want to jump in and criticize the campus "hot or not" rulings while you have his ear.

Well said. Those of you who actually took the column seriously, PLEASE realize that any response is simply making some teenager's extracurricular fun a zillion times more important than it has any business being. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

That may be one of the least intelligent articles I have ever read. I really do mean that. First of all, get the ******* dates right for the Superbowls, second, is it just me, or did he never really give a reason why Brady "deserves" to be injured? All he said was the Patriots went undefeated and Brady was still humble about it. Seriously. What the ****? That's about all I have to say.

Last edited:
Well said. Those of you who actually took the column seriously, PLEASE realize that any response is simply making some teenager's extracurricular fun a zillion times more important than it has any business being. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It should simply be categorized as an "F" in humor. How about "Injuries solve Competition Committees problems" This could have been funny but falls flat.

Now that I have posted maybe this thread will die.;)

It should simply be categorized as an "F" in humor. How about "Injuries solve Competition Committees problems" This could have been funny but falls flat.

Now that I have posted maybe this thread will die.;)

Nope, I'm the Original Thread Killa. So now it's dead. ;)

it reads like sarcasm

as if written by the onion

no no no...the Onion is well-written and funny. This is pretty pathetic, and it really is hard to tell whether it is satire or just jackassish...

nothing to be offended about, but certainly nothing to defend, either.

The Retriever Weekly

That's my school. I'm tempted to do something. That is a horrible piece of writing btw. People that go here are supposed to be the intelligent U of M students.

Last edited:
That goof ball is a cowboys fan. He accuses patriots fans of jumping on a bandwagon, and he is a fan of the team known as America's team because they have accumulated the most band wagoners in their stints of success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News