PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Article: Reasons Why People Hate The Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
tongue-in-cheek???? BS, Silver is a hater from WAY back.

Hey Silver, in the words of the immortal Eric Cartman: "Suck my Balls".

the Pats have a holier-than-thou image? r u playing with us???

i think if u wanna talk holier-than-thou, u need to move halfway across the U.S. from NE, to a state called Indiana...

ull find a certain football team there, that REALLY shows holier-than-thou

Wasn't that for the pats culture thing?
If it is than we do, rightfully make that claim.
He doesn't have to put up any examples.

BTW Wildo, is that Maynards face on your avatar?

Shaughnessy and those built up the "moral highground nonsense" and the whole "Patriots are the classiest organization" thing and then tore it down starting last year. "The Patriot way" might be a rallying cry but I can't remember any Pats saying that they were classier or morally superior than the rest, that's for players like LT to do. Though we know that they are;)

yes it's MJK.:rocker:

the Pats have a holier-than-thou image? r u playing with us???

i think if u wanna talk holier-than-thou, u need to move halfway across the U.S. from NE, to a state called Indiana...

ull find a certain football team there, that REALLY shows holier-than-thou

exactly. "I have the quotes to back it up" is just such a pathetic statement. It's like when you were in sixth grade and some kid would make up a ridiculous lie, get called out on it and go "I swear it's true, ask my mom!" Who ever actually asked that kids mom? Who is Silver going to "back it up" with exactly?

Shaughnessy and those built up the "moral highground nonsense" and the whole "Patriots are the classiest organization" thing and then tore it down starting last year. "The Patriot way" might be a rallying cry but I can't remember any Pats saying that they were classier or morally superior than the rest, that's for players like LT to do. Though we know that they are;)

It's the fact that they are very good at not putting out bulletin board material for the opponent. They also freely express much respect to opponents just like their coach.
Of course the Pats don't say this because it wouldn't be so if they did. Re LT.
The fans can say it though.
yes it's MJK.:rocker:

I thought so.:cool: :rocker:

I would add that many other fans are simply tired of the media overkill on the Patriots(good and bad). As a pats fan I can't get enough of the attention our team is getting(let's face it, its deserved), but I can see how other fans may be sick and tired of hearing about Brady, Moss, and CameraGate.

I don't know the history behind "Pats Fans hate Silver" but...

I thought it was a good read and his reasoning is pretty spot on. No one will ever write a perfect article. Perhaps I read it wrong, perhaps y'all are missing his point.

Until I read the comments to the OP, I felt he said it pretty well.

Y'all realize the article isn't "I, as a sportwriter, am stating why I hate the Pats", yeah? It's his best approximation to the question "why DO people hate the Pats?"

Last edited:
hey silver, nice attempt on humor... made me smile a little bit...

embrace the HATE....

Three words why everyone hates the pats:

Jell Luss See

If the New York Post continues to place an * next to the Patriots in the standings, they better have one in the baseball standings this spring.

Boston
Toronto
Tampa Bay
* NY Yankees

* Giambi hits 2 homeruns in game 7 of the ALCS and later admits to steroid use. Roger Clemens starts is the game 7 starter. The Red Sox want that ring too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back