PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady changes his mind; tells New York reporters that he wants to play another ten years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul_Survivor88

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Brady was asked on 9/23 if he could play 10 more years: "That might be a little bit of a reach at this point."

Today, he told New York reporters on a conference call, "I want to play for a long time, maybe 10 more (years)."

Garoppolo: "You're kidding me, right?"

Last edited:
I wish that was the case but i doubt it. Depends on how he throws that football from year to year

George Blanda played until he was 48. Why not Brady?

Blanda didn't play in a time where the average weight of the guy hitting him was 310 pounds and the average height of the guy hitting him was 6'5". Sorry, but this isn't happening. If it were likely to, you'd be able to give more recent examples. Brady takes great care of his body, but the body just doesn't recover from a beating in the 40's like it does when you're in your 20's and even 30's.

Garopollo could be out of the league before the GOAT

As a fan, I don't know how I feel about this.

It's an awkward situation. Both Brady and Garoppolo are signed through 2017 -- and the Patriots can't expect to keep both for another contract. So let’s say Brady is playing at 85% percent of his current level in two years and wants to play through 2020. And let's assume that the Patriots could retain him at an affordable cost. It’d be foolish to let him go, right?

If that's the case, there’s simply no way the Patriots would be able to re-sign Garropplo when other teams can offer him starting money. And there’s no way Garoppolo would ever agree to be a backup for the first eight years of his career when other teams will give him a shot.

Again, as grateful as I am for Brady, I don't know how I feel about this.

Personally i can see him play two more years after this one. Lets get that 5th ring now!!

As a fan, I don't know how I feel about this.

It's an awkward situation. Both Brady and Garoppolo are signed through 2017 -- and the Patriots can't expect to keep both for another contract. So let’s say Brady is playing at 85% percent of his current level in two years and wants to play through 2020. And let's assume that the Patriots could retain him at an affordable cost. It’d be foolish to let him go, right?

If that's the case, there’s simply no way the Patriots would be able to re-sign Garropplo when other teams can offer him starting money. And there’s no way Garoppolo would ever agree to be a backup for the first eight years of his career when other teams will give him a shot.

Hmmmm. If Geno or Petty don't pan out... Brady or Garoppolo in Green?

One year, Brady's just gonna go the way of Manning. He might be able to get by on smarts just as well as Peyton is right now, probably even better, but his body will break down. It's just how that works. I wouldn't bet against him having another 5 years because he does seem to be in the best shape of his career, but 10 does seem like a stretch. Things change fast.

My guess is that he plays four more seasons after this one barring a significant injury. I have a difficult time seeing him surpassing five.

Hmmmm. If Geno or Petty don't pan out... Brady or Garoppolo in Green?
Heh. I really think Brady has too much pride to don a Jets uniform...ever. He probably hates that organization as much as we do, if not more.

Heh. I really think Brady has too much pride to don a Jets uniform...ever. He probably hates that organization as much as we do, if not more.

Probably. And it's not like his wife and him need the money. But the marketing and NYC itself (doesn't he have an apartment here and love the city?) can be a strong draw.

Honestly I'd feel strange rooting for the guy anyway. Don't get me wrong, I love watching him play cause he's so damn good. But rooting for him... eh.

**Edit: Only times I've rooted for Brady were in the SBs vs Midgets. And he's always failed me.:mad:

Last edited:
Well, Manning's fall off was exacerbated by his neck problem. Guy can't has lost feeling in his fingertips.

Exactly. People keep forgetting this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore