PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady ‘wouldn't be opposed' to NFL return, mentions Patriots -- DON'T NEED A QB ANYMORE!

Point taken.

He left after 1988. I don't give him credit for 1994.

He was the heir apparent and was/is a starting NFL QB which actually did pretty well.

Walsh never had to deal with the cap and FA. It was harder to build teams back then but easier to keep them together.
Fair points as well. I definitely get the debate for Belichick and am not saying Walsh is the clear GOAT either.

I think it's a fair to place the 2 Bill's on the same tier with it being a personal preference one way or the other

He's not coming back... let it go.

Also your giving Walsh extra credit for building it around 2 QBs. Which he deserves But it's not like Belichick other than Brady didn't build two completely different dynastic rosters/runs.
When you look at it, both Walsh and Belichick did things the other didn't. Walsh was the offensive genius and Belichick the defensive.

Belichick certainly has the better resume with the 6 superbowls. I also think it's insincere at best to discredit Belichick for only winning with Brady, Brady may have been a cheat code but it still took great rosters, team building and coaching to win

He's not coming back... let it go.
Not Gonna Happen No Way GIF by CBC

Walsh is in my top 10 for coaches (BB, Landry, Lombardi, Walsh, Noll, Brown, Shula, Gibbs, Halas, Reid). He was amazing.

If you don't define it as # of SBs and wins, arguments can be made for everyone on that list for GOAT.
What about Don Coryell and Chuck Knox? Air Coryell and Ground Chuck. I know we are getting into the list of just very good, but Marty Shottenheimer and Marv Levy?

Not picking at your list, it's as good as I have seen. That would be the head table at the all-time coaches dinner.

What about Don Coryell and Chuck Knox? Air Coryell and Ground Chuck. I know we are getting into the list of just very good, but Marty Shottenheimer and Marv Levy?

Not picking at your list, it's as good as I have seen. That would be the head table at the all-time coaches dinner.
Parcells too

Interesting debate about Walsh vs BB for greatest GM. My .02 as someone who has great respect for Walsh is you have to account for the fact that BB did it in an era where player movement was rampant and the salary cap existed. Walsh didn't have to deal with these things so building and maintaining a dynasty was much easier.

I know Brady is the GOAT but we all know it takes much more than a great QB. The level of dominance by the Pats over 20 years in this era will never be seen again, all done with very different players and chameleon roster and team building styles and game planning. I'm not sure Walsh could have done the same thing.

Interesting debate about Walsh vs BB for greatest GM. My .02 as someone who has great respect for Walsh is you have to account for the fact that BB did it in an era where player movement was rampant and the salary cap existed. Walsh didn't have to deal with these things so building and maintaining a dynasty was much easier.

I know Brady is the GOAT but we all know it takes much more than a great QB. The level of dominance by the Pats over 20 years in this era will never be seen again, all done with very different players and chameleon roster and team building styles and game planning. I'm not sure Walsh could have done the same thing.
Aside from brining in Jeff Garcia and Charlie Garner who flew under the radar, his last two drafts from 1999-2000 were awful. SF brought him back out of desperation and that quickly ended.

Aside from brining in Jeff Garcia and Charlie Garner who flew under the radar, his last two drafts from 1999-2000 were awful. SF brought him back out of desperation and that quickly ended.
By some logic I've seen used on here that should undo everything good he ever did lol

Great coaches for sure. I think very highly of Shottsie because he won everywhere he landed.

Winning SB is the ticket to the party

Fair points as well. I definitely get the debate for Belichick and am not saying Walsh is the clear GOAT either.

I think it's a fair to place the 2 Bill's on the same tier with it being a personal preference one way or the other
That's how I see it and we could say there are more than those 2 on that top tier. Reid is trying to climb up there right now.

That's how I see it and we could say there are more than those 2 on that top tier. Reid is trying to climb up there right now.
Definitely several that belong in that top tier. Shula and Lombardi are a couple more.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST