IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
With 2 receivers down

A defense that looks to be just about in midseason form

An O-Line that will be fired up to make a statement

A coach who is going to teach the pupil a lesson about real football.

So, I'm thinking what makes a better statement when beating a team. 300 yards in the air or 399 yards on the ground...that's an easy one. 300 yards on the ground while extremely difficult would send a message to the entire league. It will also get the O-Line the work they need to get their timing down precisely...who better than Dante for that?

Old time football...smash mouth line play...ball control...and winning field position between punts. Little change in offensive game plan, wear them down...have patience and punt when needed. Defense holds them, you get the ball back in better position and beat them up again in the trenches...my kind of game I say so selfishly.

Not a large scoring game but a 27-10 victory for the Patriots with a great attempt at getting 300 yards rushing...or at the very least 300 yards combined offense from the backs.

Mangini's "BALL HAWKING" defense will come up empty for today...no INT's and i predict a HUGE game for Ellis Hobbs...Mangini will pick on the wrong guy...Hobb's will be licking his chops for this one.

Last edited:
F.B.N. said:
With 2 receivers down

A defense that looks to be just about in midseason form

An O-Line that will be fired up to make a statement

A coach who is going to teach the pupil a lesson about real football.

So, I'm thinking what makes a better statement when beating a team. 300 yards in the air or 399 yards on the ground...that's an easy one. 300 yards on the ground while extremely difficult would send a message to the entire league. It will also get the O-Line the work they need to get their timing down precisely...who better than Dante for that?

Old time football...smash mouth line play...ball control...and winning field position between punts. Little change in offensive game plan, wear them down...have patience and punt when needed. Defense holds them, you get the ball back in better position and beat them up again in the trenches...my kind of game I say so selfishly.

Not a large scoring game but a 27-10 victory for the Patriots with a great attempt at getting 300 yards rushing...or at the very least 300 yards combined offense from the backs.

Mangini's "BALL HAWKING" defense will come up empty for today...no INT's and i predict a HUGE game for Ellis Hobbs...Mangini will pick on the wrong guy...Hobb's will be licking his chops for this one.

300 yards rushing? They're not Navy playing Rice. This is the NFL, not college football. My God, what a waste of a post. Maybe when they play the Packers they can go for over 500 yards on the ground. More than 6,000 posts and this is the best you could come up with? It just goes to show the number of posts you have doesn't mean you know anything about football. Seriously, are they running the wishbone or did they trade for Mike Vick? The reason the Falcons get such high rushing totals is because they get 80-100 yards out of the QB position. 300 yards rushing. Classic.

I'm Ron Borges? said:
300 yards rushing? They're not Navy playing Rice. This is the NFL, not college football. My God, what a waste of a post. Maybe when they play the Packers they can go for over 500 yards on the ground. More than 6,000 posts and this is the best you could come up with? It just goes to show the number of posts you have doesn't mean you know anything about football. Seriously, are they running the wishbone or did they trade for Mike Vick? The reason the Falcons get such high rushing totals is because they get 80-100 yards out of the QB position. 300 yards rushing. Classic.

250 posts? And you still have to make one good one. I wouldnt talk about other people's posts if i was you.

If Jackson and Gabriel are healthy and have a rudimentry understanding of the offense, I expect some attempt to get things going with them as we have Denver and Cincy coming up. Not that this is a practice game but along with making sure we win we need to get these guys going - not just in practice but in live game situations.

I adore your optimism, BF! I was on the Jets board and those people couldn't be more optimistic and pumped, I am so glad to see our posters here responding the same way!

NEM said:
Today we air it out, early.

Common sense says that we should not play right intothe Jets defense and do exactly what they think we will try to do, run the ball.

Its like chess....now we cross them up and do exactly the opposite.....or at least that's what I would do.... No huddle offense,too.

Yes yes we all know what you would do lol. Hopefully we do see a nice air attack today, if only to calm everyone's fears about Brady and the receivers. I really hope at least one of Gabriel and Jackson play if not both. I'm so excited to see these guys in action.

I'm looking for smash mouth football. If the line blocks for the run as effectively as last week and the backs are that effective then we run, run, run and pass selectively. Now that will make NEM's play action really effective. Show you can run first then play action.

All Jackson and Gabe have to do is stretch th field a few times and that will keep DB's from coming up. Maybe Tom will hit them deep a couple of times.

Then we unleash the hell called Dillon amd Maroney.

Then we kill them with play action.:rocker:

I'm Ron Borges? said:

The post says AT THE VERY LEAST 300 YDS COMBINED...WHICH MEANS PASSING AND RUNNING FOR THE RB'S....shows your football mentality...last week the running backs had 219 combined yards and our O-Line played awfull...where the frig do you people come from???

p8ryts said:
I'm looking for smash mouth football. If the line blocks for the run as effectively as last week and the backs are that effective then we run, run, run and pass selectively. Now that will make NEM's play action really effective. Show you can run first then play action.

Thanks for the support here...what fig-head RonBorgass doesn't realize is getting the timing down for the O-Line running is harder than pass protection. For the season...Belichick always build the base 1st and that's the O-Line. Even if he could win by 3 TD's today we will run alot because getting the timing down in a game is far better than it is in practice. I'm gonna print his post...take a crap...and wipe my butt with it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft