PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TNF: New York Giants at Chicago Bears - Preview and Prediction

Re: Thursday Night Football: Giants vs. Bears

heh...anyone listening to Coughlin???

"4 quarters of championship caliber football!!...just unfortunate that one play...otherwise we work the clock down right to the end and win..."(translation: ..so , we're great and it's just a few unlucky bounces is all...)

Well, there's not much he really can say at this point. He's trying to be positive. His only other choices would be to do the BB thing or go negative. I thought it was interesting when someone reported tonight that Coughlin is being allowed by the Giants front office to call the shots on his employment. He supposedly has said he intends to return next year.

Look...I don't claim to be any sort of MENSA member...if fact if there's a DENSA, I'd probably be elected preznit but c'mon...how much of the Marshall Faulk blabberation do we have to take?...and let me be pacific......pacific...and the rest of the morons sit there and listen in agreement....what IS the specific problem we are witnessing?...cult of personality trumps basic knowledge of the English language?

Well, there's not much he really can say at this point. He's trying to be positive. His only other choices would be to do the BB thing or go negative. I thought it was interesting when someone reported tonight that Coughlin is being allowed by the Giants front office to call the shots on his employment. He supposedly has said he intends to return next year.

I dunno, but the owners may change their tune if the Giants hit 0-9 or 0-10.

BWRB-WjIEAEXPWu.jpg-large-480x460.jpg

hah hah heh heh heh...wow...Icy with the icicle to the heart of the blue Boo Boo

heh....nice "rule"...

Finally saw the highlight of this play. The whole sequence happened so quickly, how could the officials know Randle was "giving himself up?"

And people complained about the tuck rule. :rolleyes:

Just to throw some more salt on the 2011 Super Bowl loss, Victor Cruz made a similar play late in a game against the Cardinals that year. If it was ruled a fumble, the Giants would have lost that game and missed the playoffs.

Wonder if Archie went to a voodoo priest down in n'orleans and sacrificed Eli's season for Peyton's.

Man, I love watching the Giants crash and burn.

Wonder if Archie went to a voodoo priest down in n'orleans and sacrificed Eli's season for Peyton's.

Can you imagine the family dinners the Mannings are going to have this year.

So Peyton, great work out there son, best QB in the NFL. Just wish all my son's were just like you.....stares at Eli.......

:singing:

I've got nothing against Eli. He's an average talent who's risen above his abilities twice to win the SB. I respect that, although I wish he'd done it in different years.

His brother.... not so much.

I've got nothing against Eli. He's an average talent who's risen above his abilities twice to win the SB. I respect that, although I wish he'd done it in different years.

Eli is more clutch in the playoffs than Peyton has ever been. Eli earned those SB MVPs against us (unfortunately) with 2 legendary drives to win SBs. Also, his run in the 2008 playoffs may have been the best I've ever seen, beating Romo, Favre and Brady, all on the road. Also, the SF NFC Championship game a few years ago, they may have gotten lucky to win that, but Eli got the **** kicked out of him in that game. Yet he kept coming back for more. Haven't seen a QB get beat up like that and still win in a long time. I wouldn't put the label GREAT on Eli, but he's surely above average. In fact, he was closer to great than average those SB years. He's is having an awful season though, and I can't say I'm unhappy about it :).

Peyton on the other hand, is not clutch in the playoffs. No way he deserved the SB MVP when they beat the Bears. It was their running game and their defense against the putrid Bears offense that won it. Peyton had 1 TD pass and 2 INTs in that game.

Eli is more clutch in the playoffs than Peyton has ever been. Eli earned those SB MVPs against us (unfortunately) with 2 legendary drives to win SBs. Also, his run in the 2008 playoffs may have been the best I've ever seen, beating Romo, Favre and Brady, all on the road. Also, the SF NFC Championship game a few years ago, they may have gotten lucky to win that, but Eli got the **** kicked out of him in that game. Yet he kept coming back for more. Haven't seen a QB get beat up like that and still win in a long time. I wouldn't put the label GREAT on Eli, but he's surely above average. In fact, he was closer to great than average those SB years. He's is having an awful season though, and I can't say I'm unhappy about it :).

Peyton on the other hand, is not clutch in the playoffs. No way he deserved the SB MVP when they beat the Bears. It was their running game and their defense against the putrid Bears offense that won it. Peyton had 1 TD pass and 2 INTs in that game.

Eli just happen to be the qb for the luckiest catch and play in the history of sports.

Eli just happen to be the qb for the luckiest catch and play in the history of sports.

God just didn't want the Pats to go undefeated.

I think he hates the Pats, any coincidence it started to downpour during the Pats last drive in Cincinatti last sunday, lol...:eek:

:D

Let's be fair. 1 INT. Pouring rain. Orchestrated the offense to a run game when the Bears played cover 3.

And I do remember him being clutch a couple of times in those playoffs. His last drive against the Ravens up 6 with 5 minutes to go. He milked the clock and had a ballz assed pass to Clark for a first down with 2 mins. to go enabling the Colts to run the clock down until 15 seconds or so was left and AV hit the clinching FG.

And one other time the following week. :mad:

Knock knock
Who's there
Owen
Owen who
Owen 6

I'm pretty much anti Manning everything. They all suck.

Finally saw the highlight of this play. The whole sequence happened so quickly, how could the officials know Randle was "giving himself up?"

And people complained about the tuck rule. :rolleyes:

Just to throw some more salt on the 2011 Super Bowl loss, Victor Cruz made a similar play late in a game against the Cardinals that year. If it was ruled a fumble, the Giants would have lost that game and missed the playoffs.

OTOH, if the Pats had competent Safety play & clock management in Foxborough,
then they beat the G-spots that game and cause them to miss the POs.

After what's happened here the last 8 straight years, I am more convinced than ever
that there is no God.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back